Full Proof Dedicated IP Adress, - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > IP Address

IP Address Changing your IP address, multiple IPs, VPNs, hiding your IP, phone tethering, MiFi devices, hotspots and more.

Old 12-19-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 66%
Default Full Proof Dedicated IP Adress,

I've read, read and read through these forums and still can't seem to decide on the best option for a Dedicated IP. I'm currently using VPNReactor, which says dedicated but I get a different IP every time, off by 1 number. I read that someone uses different routers to get a different IP for each Stealth but when I changed routers my IP was still the same. I can't see spending $35-$50 a month for a VPS for each account. I wanted to try an IP dongle but I've heard people have had problems. Dial up is very slow, I'd be willing to try it but wouldn't I need a different phone number for each dial up or am I mistaken? Please someone tell me the best way possible to stay safe and keep just 1 Dedicated IPAdress for each Stealth Account. I know their are countless threads about this same topic but I'm still confused.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-19-2012

Longevity: 68%

- a VPS can be around $8-14 a month for each. (Windows) You definitely don't need one of the $35-50 ones. Just look around, I'm sure there's a ton better options in the US than I have in Canada

- I would go crazy using dial-up

- I think USB dongles are a lot better in the US than in Canada and they supposedly give you a new IP every time you unplug or reset it. However when shopping for one, I was told by several providers that I wouldn't always get a new IP and that it's possible to have the same 10-20 IPs beng recycled (which would be really annoying). You should also know that you'll always have to deal with keeping track of your IPs and making sure it hasn't been used before on another account

- you can't go on multiple accounts at once while using a dongle. You can with separate VPS's though

Last edited by mcmx; 12-19-2012 at 09:23 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to mcmx For This Useful Post:
TheRevolver (12-19-2012)
Old 12-19-2012
Threadstarter  

Okay, so VPS sounds like the way to go for me. Can you suggest a good one? I've looked around but I've only found Expensive ones for windows.
Old 12-19-2012

Longevity: 73%

Id recommend somewhere like webhostingtalk for cheap vps servers.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crow For This Useful Post:
sacka_man (12-19-2012), TheRevolver (12-19-2012)
Old 12-19-2012
Banned

Longevity: 69%
Send a message via Skype™ to rama

There is a good VPS providers, just google it and start to search from page 10, get not very well known providers.
The Following User Says Thank You to rama For This Useful Post:
GhostWhoWalks (12-23-2012)
Old 12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankyhustle View Post
Okay, so VPS sounds like the way to go for me. Can you suggest a good one? I've looked around but I've only found Expensive ones for windows.
I'm in Canada and you're the the USA, so I can't really help with finding you a provider since I've only looked at Canadian companies before.... I can try to answer any questions though.

Last edited by mcmx; 12-19-2012 at 04:38 PM.
TheRevolver (12-19-2012)
Old 12-19-2012

Longevity: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rama View Post
There is a good VPS providers, just google it and start to search from page 10, get not very well known providers.
Ya, but if you go with these small fly-by-night providers there's a good chance they go belly-up in short order. Say goodbye to all your work setting up the server and apps.

Thats why I prefer VPN.
Old 12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoneout View Post
Ya, but if you go with these small fly-by-night providers there's a good chance they go belly-up in short order. Say goodbye to all your work setting up the server and apps.

Thats why I prefer VPN.
Not sure which provider is "bellying-up in short order" for you (whatever that even means ) but VPS's are far safer & better than VPNs. You will probably be the one saying goodbye to your eBay account since VPNs are far easier to detect.

And there's no work whatsoever, needed to "set up the server and apps" for a VPS. It's almost always set up by the provider and your data gets backed up often so you won't lose anything...and that's in the RARE case that something even happens to the server.
Old 12-21-2012

Longevity: 69%

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoneout View Post

Thats why I prefer VPN.
Domain Age Check Tool - SEOLogs.com

Just do a domain age check, if they have been around for 5+ years, you should be pretty safe.
Old 12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Invisible View Post
Domain Age Check Tool - SEOLogs.com

Just do a domain age check, if they have been around for 5+ years, you should be pretty safe.
The main idea along with buying a VPS is that you get a low-key provider -.- Not an old, established one that's popular, has been used up, and potentially blocked & known by eBay.

A "newer" low-key provider should always be fine. Selling VPS's and servers is really not that hard. Look for one that has good customer service, and start off with just 1 VPS for a couple weeks see how things go...And make sure they don't just leave you hanging [or not] once you purchase, etc..

Last edited by mcmx; 12-21-2012 at 05:20 PM.
zoneout (12-21-2012)
Old 12-21-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

What does the title 'Full Proof Dedicated IP address mean?

Current flavor of the forum is users with litle to no knowledge racing out to jump on the VPS band wagon.

Here's some much cheaper and much easier news. Other options exist for USA sellers.

Talk about making hurdles just to follow the flavor of the month.

Any IP is only as good as its standing with paypal/ebay. If the account gets 'flagged' then there is failure.

Think outside the box. Trend-setting followers go out of fashion like yesterday.

Old 12-21-2012

^ there's definitely cheaper options for US users especially, but IMO a VPS is overall most convenient no matter what country
Old 12-21-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmx View Post
^ there's definitely cheaper options for US users especially, but IMO a VPS is overall most convenient no matter what country
Our opinions differ.

I have valid reasons for mine.

You have them for yours.

Old 12-22-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

With the ability to use smartphone as a tether, IP options have gone up
Old 12-22-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
What does the title 'Full Proof Dedicated IP address mean?

Current flavor of the forum is users with litle to no knowledge racing out to jump on the VPS band wagon.

Here's some much cheaper and much easier news. Other options exist for USA sellers.

Talk about making hurdles just to follow the flavor of the month.

Any IP is only as good as its standing with paypal/ebay. If the account gets 'flagged' then there is failure.

Think outside the box. Trend-setting followers go out of fashion like yesterday.

If you read my post then you'd know I weighed all my options before even mentioning VPS. Someone else mentioned VPS, with some useful information, so that's what I chose. I mentioned several other options but no one else posted any info on them, not even you!

If you feel there's a better option for me, why not just state the better option, rather than accuse people of jumping on the band wagon or following a trend??

Last edited by TheRevolver; 12-22-2012 at 11:37 AM.
Old 12-22-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 74%

Quote:
If you read my post then you'd know I weighed all my options before even mentioning VPS. Someone else mentioned VPS, with some useful information, so that's what I chose. I mentioned several other options but no one else posted any info on them, not even you!

If you feel there's a better option for me, why not just state the better option, rather than accuse people of jumping on the band wagon or following a trend??
I don't think Green bean was talking to you
Old 12-22-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim jim View Post
I don't think Green bean was talking to you
Well I know Green Bean's first sentence was to me so I assumed it was all to me. Green Bean, if you wasn't talking to me, then please disregard my last post. But if you do have some info on something better than a VPS, please share as I would really appreciate it.
Old 12-23-2012

Longevity: 65%

Quote:
But if you do have some info on something better than a VPS, please share as I would really appreciate it.
Hi, To tell you the truth there is no "one size fits fits all" solution here. It depends on your location, budget, size of operation, and many other factors. For instance one member here lives in a resort area which has tons of free wifi. So it all depends on your circumstances. Unfortunately, this applies to all the other stealth options as well. That's why we need to do our research and then select the options that work best for our own unique situation. What works well for someone else may not be right for you.
The Following User Says Thank You to zoneout For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (12-24-2012)
Old 12-23-2012

Longevity: 81%
Send a message via Skype™ to Christopher

Quote:

^^^^^