ebay browse new IP then want to set up new PP - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > IP Address

IP Address Changing your IP address, multiple IPs, VPNs, hiding your IP, phone tethering, MiFi devices, hotspots and more.

Old 06-29-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 62%
Default ebay browse new IP then want to set up new PP

i know its probably on here somewhere; not certain which search words to use.

if you have yet to set up new PP, but you stupidly sign in to your two current ebay buyer only accts (which do not have your name, but do have a mailing address you'd like to use for your new PP) -

if you sign up for a new PP - and you are using a new IP - and do not intend to use ebay to buy or sell -

will ebay or PP detect you just signed in to ebay with the new IP to look at 2 accts - and decide to link your new PP once you sign up for it with the new IP?

thanks.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-29-2013

Longevity: 65%
Send a message via Skype™ to AuctionsDenied

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthychew View Post

if you have yet to set up new PP, but you stupidly sign in to your two current ebay buyer only accts (which do not have your name, but do have a mailing address you'd like to use for your new PP) -
Are you saying that you signed on to more than one ebay account with the same IP address?

Quote:
if you sign up for a new PP - and you are using a new IP - and do not intend to use ebay to buy or sell -

will ebay or PP detect you just signed in to ebay with the new IP to look at 2 accts - and decide to link your new PP once you sign up for it with the new IP?
If you signed on to all accounts with the same IP address then there is a great possibility they would be linked.

thanks.[/quote]
The Following User Says Thank You to AuctionsDenied For This Useful Post:
stealthychew (06-29-2013)
Old 06-29-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 63%

Quote:

if you have yet to set up new PP, but you stupidly sign in to your two current ebay buyer only accts (which do not have your name, but do have a mailing address you'd like to use for your new PP)

You cannot use the same mailing address for a new PP and an old EB if you want to keep them link free.

Quote:

If you have singed into an old EB account using IP X and you then create a new PP using the IP X this will cause a link. If you have even been on EB, regardless of signing in without removing cookies and flash on IP X and then create a new PP using the same IP there will be a link
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
stealthychew (06-29-2013)
Old 06-29-2013

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts

Yes you need separate IP for each ebay/Paypal account and separate user account if u have windows to keep cookies separate if u did not do this you are linked
Old 06-29-2013
Threadstarter  

oh, boy. well, i got a new IP the other day by the provider, don't know how long before it will generate a new IP. i knew better from this forum than to even go to EB to browse or sign in once that new IP appeared.

however, we all have excuses. mine was a seller sent me an old, old puzzle with a picture of all the pieces, and a corner piece was not there. i wanted the corner piece. so with the new IP I signed to see if he had the corner piece.

and, one of my items did not arrive and i wanted to know if it was returned to the sender per chance.

so. i wait til the IP changes again and never, ever visit EB since i am not using it.

my lingering question is: you change window users, that makes sense, is the only way to change the IP via a linksys router? can i change the router in a providers modem/router combo?

thanks.
Old 06-29-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
my lingering question is: you change window users, that makes sense, is the only way to change the IP via a linksys router? can i change the router in a providers modem/router combo?

thanks.
Changing Windows User account does not change the IP. That is done for cookies/history ect...

There are a few ways to change an IP.

1 - Ring your ISP. I would have to ring 40 or 50 times a day however, so generally this is not practical.

2 - Unplug the router and hope you have a short lease time on the IP. Easy way to test this is to find out your public IP, take a note of it, turn off router, turn on router, compear new IP address to old one. If it is different, then your set to go. You have a short lease dynamic IP. Just need to keep a log of all your IP's

3 - Take note of IP, change the routers MAC address in the router settings, turn off the router, turn it back on and compare IP. This is usually the best method. Again you need to keep track of your IP's

4 - VPS/VPN (takes a lot more to explain them, and not advised to use if you need them explained to you really)

5 - Tethering or a dongle. Each time you unplug the dongle or put the phone into tethering, you will get a new IP. Again, need to keep a careful log of them all

And that is pretty much all

Old 06-29-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
2 - Unplug the router and hope you have a short lease time on the IP. Easy way to test this is to find out your public IP, take a note of it, turn off router, turn on router, compear new IP address to old one. If it is different, then your set to go. You have a short lease dynamic IP. Just need to keep a log of all your IP's
If you get a new IP today and use it to open PP, and then 3 days later, it changes, risk? How can you keep track if its going to change?

Quote:
3 - Take note of IP, change the routers MAC address in the router settings, turn off the router, turn it back on and compare IP. This is usually the best method. Again you need to keep track of your IP's.
change the MAC address in router settings - know how to do that with Linksys - not the provider's modem/router combo. [/quote]

Quote:
4 - VPS/VPN (takes a lot more to explain them, and not advised to use if you need them explained to you really)
yes, don't understand that at all, so its over my head.

Quote:
5 - Tethering or a dongle. Each time you unplug the dongle or put the phone into tethering, you will get a new IP. Again, need to keep a careful log of them all.
if you use a cell, i always thought right away they'd see who you are cause your phone has a number and a phone goes back to your bill.

thanks.
Old 06-29-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
If you get a new IP today and use it to open PP, and then 3 days later, it changes, risk? How can you keep track if its going to change?
If your router is plugged in, then it has lease on the IP assigned to the the routers MAC address, so the IP will not suddenly change. In theory if you keep a live internet connection for a year, you will have the same IP at the end of the year that you have at the start of the year.

You should be the one controlling when the IP address changes.

Quote:
know how to do that with Linksys - not the provider's modem/router combo.
Cannot do it will all routers, but some providers modem routers you can set to just modem mode, and then attach your own router and change the MAC address on that

Quote:
if you use a cell, i always thought right away they'd see who you are cause your phone has a number and a phone goes back to your bill.
EB and PP will only see the IP address assigned to the phone or dongle. They will not get phone numbers, billing info ect.
Old 06-29-2013
Threadstarter  

^ thanks. my IP changed the other day. i called the provider and they said DHCP, it will change randomly. i went to IPBurger and it was different than last week. i didn't change anything. ?

I understand its best to be in control, like with your own router, and make changes.

lingering question: if you change IP on a router, and write it down, you can get that exact IP back by inputting it. perhaps you get to keep it and choose which of the IPs you want to use that day? (i wish)

Last edited by stealthychew; 06-29-2013 at 04:00 PM.
Old 06-29-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
if you change IP on a router, and write it down, you can get that exact IP back by inputting it. perhaps you get to keep it and choose which of the IPs you want to use that day? (i wish)
On a router its no the IP you change, its the MAC address.

It depends on on the length of the lease that your ISP assigns to MAC addresses.
Old 06-29-2013

Quote:

lingering question: if you change IP on a router, and write it down, you can get that exact IP back by inputting it. perhaps you get to keep it and choose which of the IPs you want to use that day? (i wish)
You want to change the MAC address on the router. After you confirm the change. Power the router down and after you plug it back in, the IP should change.

It is alright to get a different IP, you just do not want to use the same IP between different accts.
Old 06-29-2013

Quote:
i know its probably on here somewhere; not certain which search words to use.
Could try "changing IP"
The Following User Says Thank You to AuctionsDenied For This Useful Post:
stealthychew (07-01-2013)
Old 07-01-2013
Threadstarter  

^ i did search change ip. it makes perfect sense about changing the independent router - like a Linksys - but mine is combined modem/router.
Old 07-01-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
^ i did search change ip. it makes perfect sense about changing the independent router - like a Linksys - but mine is combined modem/router.
There are sometimes still the options to change the MAC address even in combined router modems.

If this fails, see if you can set your router modem as just a modem, and then attach a third party router which does allow you to change the MAC address.
Old 07-02-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:

thanks.
Yes they can and that's why you make sure to use different IPs and different user accounts