Apple Airport Extreme - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > IP Address

IP Address Changing your IP address, multiple IPs, VPNs, hiding your IP, phone tethering, MiFi devices, hotspots and more.

Old 10-29-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 60%
Default Apple Airport Extreme

Hello All,

I am a macbook and apple airport extreme user. After reading the Stealth Book I am saddened to find out there is no easy way to change my mac address on my apple airport extreme to get a new IP address.

So I am here for some advice and answers if anyone has a workaround.

1. Spoofing a mac address with a mac, I've seen a couple forums on this but I am not very familiar with terminal and would hate to make some stealth accounts to have them messed up by a simple error.

2. Hot spots/ usb cards. I have heard that these work but I wanted to know which brand/service providers are the best and if anyone has instructions on them. [INDENT]2a. Verizon Wireless Jetpack® 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot MiFi® 4620L seems to have the best ratings on their website[INDENT]2b. Sprint has a NETGEAR® 341U USB Modem which is reviewed to work well with macbooks (bonus)[INDENT]2c.AT&T Mobile Hotspot MiFi® Liberate has the best ratings on the AT&T site

3. If I bought a PC and kept my airport extreme would I be able to change my pc mac address and thus change my ip address?

4. Should I purchase a different router (I'd like to reserve this is my last option)

5. Should I go with a VPN service and just swap IP's as I need them?

I know there are pros and cons to these, some I am aware other drawbacks or pros I don't have the slightest clue since I am new to this. I like VPN because it hides all my "jazz" but it becomes costly. I like getting a hotspot because I can now use my laptop anywhere I have service, BUT I don't have a clue how to change the IP's yet. I am not good with terminal or code and I am worried to break my macbook/ or FUBAR it. A PC addition laptop wouldn't hurt, who doesn't love another gadget to play with, but I like to have my home as is, Apple products have served me well, until now.

I would greatly appreciate anyones comments or advice in this matter. It's been a while since I've been on eBay and It would be great to get back at it.

Thank you!

Old 10-29-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 61%
Default Re: Apple Airport Extreme

I would just purchase a new router, it's cheap, like 30 bucks. I am a Mac user too, used to be a pc guy, switched to Mac for everything else. I.e iPhone, Mac mini and MacBook Air, but since going stealth, I find it so much easier to use pc. Remember, getting a seperate subscription is going to cost anywhere between 10-40 bucks per month. With a new router, I just type in the address and then boom, IP changed. My friend works for apple and since his account got suspended too, he didn't want to go stealth way because way too much work, and he added that the AirPort Extreme cant even allow you to change IP.

Unless all you Mac users can vouch that it is much easier to do everything Mac, I'm all in.
The Following User Says Thank You to glacier922 For This Useful Post:
pointsix (10-30-2013)
Old 10-29-2013
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Apple Airport Extreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointsix View Post
4. Should I purchase a different router (I'd like to reserve this is my last option)
I agree with glacier about the router.

I checked and you appear to have a dynamic IP address, so getting a stand alone modem and a separate router would definitely be the way to go.

Otherwise, expect to pay about $40. a month for a USB dongle, which should be your 2nd option.

A VPN is not really recommended or necessary for U.S. Sellers, and just creates many more hassles.
The Following User Says Thank You to TGMT² For This Useful Post:
pointsix (10-30-2013)