What are the Consequences if... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Multiple eBay & PayPal Accounts

Multiple eBay & PayPal Accounts General discussions on multiple eBay & PayPal accounts, VMs, user accounts, shipping and more.

Old 02-04-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 73%
Default What are the Consequences if...

You make multiple stealth accounts and one day you switch accounts and you forget to change your ip. And then you get linked.

What will ebay say when they find out you're the same person selling with 2 different names and false information. Will they completely flip out and ban your accs? Will it go overlooked? Or will they address it and let it slide by?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-04-2012
Banned

Longevity: 71%
Send a message via Yahoo to vany Send a message via Skype™ to vany

Normally, when 2 accounts or more are linked, they get booted... the method may differ , but eventually they are gone.
Some accounts can be saved sending docs and pleading your case. one has to be creative though and selective of which account worth saving and act accordingly
Old 02-04-2012

what "Could" happen is that the accounts that used the same IP could become linked and be nuked.

i wouldnt think that a one time mistake of using the same IP would cause too much alarm UNLESS you are doing other naughty things on those accounts. ive done this before and to date have had no links.

if you think about it, it seems like there is a infinite number of IPs out there. however, i use a VM dongle and have had the same IP come up from time to time. (IP changes every time i log in). to think someone who has been canned hasnt used one of the IPs i have also used is rather silly.

so IMHO, IP alone wont do it, but dont make a habit of it
Old 02-04-2012

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 76%

I agree you should be fine if thats the only thing that happened
Old 02-05-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

I've actually accidentally logged into 2 different stealth accounts on 1, I immediately logged off and didn't continue to what I was going to do so that kept me safe, nothing happened to both accounts (thank the stealth gods). If you make a habit of it and do it over 3-4 accounts at one time then I am sure they will figure it out.

Be Safe, and work smart.
Old 02-05-2012

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 78%

Its not the ip address thats the problem, ebay does not know if you are in macdonalds using the free internet or a home internet, they link using the cookies and flash cookies in the browser, names and adresses etc etc.

So if you inadvertantly use the same ip address for looking at 2 stealth accounts from different accounts on the pc no harm done.
The Following User Says Thank You to degsey69 For This Useful Post:
lhall5422 (03-10-2012)
Old 02-13-2012

@degsey69 is right that the most important thing is cookies in the browser and address.
Old 02-16-2012

Longevity: 76%

For me as long as you have different user accounts it has not been a problem. MAC users and mobile phones are on their own. I am stuck in about 2004 technologically I have no idea on that.
Old 02-18-2012

well i disagree, the other day I was on ebay using my mobile phones internet and I didn't realize my phone ran out of battery so instinctively my PC switched to my home network which had been associated with banned accounts and boom! within minutes that account was byby.
Old 02-18-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts

Yeah that has happened to me but luckily I've noticed the switch to my own network and managed to close the browser and get back on with the tether.

Usually keeping the phone plugged into the wall help.
Old 02-22-2012

Longevity: 74%

I have to be honest with you guys, I registered my first account 2 years ago, got suspended after 6 months for 7 days and I didn't know about stealth, so I create 2 additional accounts with different information but same ip even same paypal, they worked well, after 6 months of 3 accounts completely linked one of them got suspended (asking me for proof of stock that I didn't have), but the other 2 kept working fine. Recently my main account was suspended I was so desperate that I decide to open 5 account with the same ip even same paypal and all of them are working fine. So basically I have broken almost all the stealth rules and I'm still up.....Am I Lucky or what??? Any explanation ?
Old 02-22-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

@brickwall,

Maybe you got lucky?

Bit of a different story in this thread

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay...t-rid-one.html

You should learn quickly to be careful what you say in open forum
Old 02-22-2012

Do try you best to make a sort off excel spreadsheet with information i think someone sent a great example of one on the forum recently, i'd rather not lose none to sloppyness off getting linked!
Old 02-22-2012

Longevity: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
@brickwall,

Maybe you got lucky?

Bit of a different story in this thread

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay...t-rid-one.html

You should learn quickly to be careful what you say in open forum
Maybe the time frame is different but the picture is the same one, 3 accounts with different information (but real ,girlfriend and friend info), linked same paypal, now my point is that now I have 5 accounts different info same paypal (one of them suspended, others working perfectly), I know is risky to open accounts with different info linked to same paypal but for me it simply works. However I want to understand completely the stealth process and experiment. Why do I use different info and just one paypal?? because I don't want competitors or vero owners linking all my accounts and I'm using just one bank account so far and is doing well......
Old 02-28-2012

Longevity: 72%

I always wondered about this. Seeing as there's a chance that even if you follow stealth rules, you still might end up with some guy's old IP that he messed up with eBay or PP.

With that being said, isn't it possible that a first time seller with years of selling on eBay can be linked to closed accounts and be shut down any day eBay chooses to? Just because he got dealt a bad IP once or twice?
Old 02-28-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Sure it's possible - anything is possible...that's why you keep many things going...relying on only 1 account is asking for trouble.
Old 02-28-2012

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 78%

I have noticed that ebay get information from paypal that will get you suspended but will not close your paypal account.

The reason I know this is because I did a test account with completely everything different on it including ip's etc but linked it to a paypal account with associations to a suspended account.
Old 03-01-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Pro tip. goto network settings, right click on your home wireless connection, goto properties and UNSELECT " CONNECT AUTOMATICALLY" i've had several times my phone goto sleep and BOOM i was in my own wifi, no problems from it as i caught it, once i unchecked automatically connect under my home wifi, it's been smooth sailing ever since. Just do this on your main PC user account and it will work for all the rest
Old 03-01-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by degsey69 View Post
I have noticed that ebay get information from p ayp al that will get you suspended but will not close your pa ypal account.

The reason I know this is because I did a test account with completely everything different on it including ip's etc but linked it to a pay p al account with associations to a suspended account.
You can add a good p ay pal to an eb ay account that had a pa ypa l limitation. I've been doing it for 3 months now without a problem, regardless of what happens, i've made money. So whatever.

If e n ay goes " no longer registered user" then eba y sends the shutdown notice to p ay p al, but if eb a y just restricts you, that p ay pal account is still good and sometimes you can reuse the bank. But, recently i had it where i couldn't, but then it let me on another. So /shrug