multiple user screens - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Multiple eBay & PayPal Accounts

Multiple eBay & PayPal Accounts General discussions on multiple eBay & PayPal accounts, VMs, user accounts, shipping and more.

Old 12-15-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%
Default multiple user screens

Ive worked out I need about 12+ accounts to make things work for me, the ink is now dry from my 9th new account so far, BUT the user screen thing is getting too much for me, I mean its definately slowing down my PC, Ive got 7 users going including the main screen, 2 accounts are at same address and share a screen and a paypal account, the rest are all individual ebay/pp accs at differing names and addresses.

I mean with, firefox and all docs/pics req for each user and they are only used to log in occasionally or create initially. the rest is done by auctiva, on the main screen.

Is there no way round this, can I not have one user screen per 2 accounts?

With the 2 accounts per user scenario; if they are at different addresses and created and used only on differing IPs.Will they get flagged regardless for sharing the same user screen OR is it just a case of if one is suspended the other may follow, and also is it automatically the case that if one is supended the other will get suspended automatically, I mean it could be a shared work PC and different users with different addresses.

What are your experiences, multiple users?

Last edited by oompaloompa; 12-15-2008 at 02:57 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-15-2008

Longevity: 89%

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
Ive worked out I need about 12+ accounts to make things work for me, the ink is now dry from my 9th new account so far, BUT the user screen thing is getting too much for me, I mean its definately slowing down my PC, Ive got 7 users going including the main screen, 2 accounts are at same address and share a screen and a paypal account, the rest are all individual ebay/pp accs at differing names and addresses.

I mean with, firefox and all docs/pics req for each user and they are only used to log in occasionally or create initially. the rest is done by auctiva, on the main screen.

Is there no way round this, can I not have one user screen per 2 accounts?

With the 2 accounts per user scenario; if they are at different addresses and created and used only on differing IPs.Will they get flagged regardless for sharing the same user screen OR is it just a case of if one is suspended the other may follow, and also is it automatically the case that if one is supended the other will get suspended automatically, I mean it could be a shared work PC and different users with different addresses.

What are your experiences, multiple users?
hi
Wow 9 accounts, your on your way to earning your first star...:D

The only issue from what i have gatherd is that when you list an item on ebay they will require you to keep the cookies so they can recognise your computer. If you delete the cookies then you will be asked for phone verification as your computer will not be recognised.so having 2 ebay accounts on 1 windows user, you will then need to delete cookies to make sure you dont get linked.

However on the other hand if you are using auctiva to list your items then it should be ok as you can clear all cookies after loging into auctiva then loging into a diff autiva account( dont think its required with auctiva but still a precaution) You can also delete your cookies after logging into each email account.

I think the reason for having diff user accounts is so that you can keep the cookies on each account. From my understanding if your using 1 windows user account and not listing your items through ebay then deleting your cookies while juggling through your ebay accounts will be fine.

Just a quick question, having 9 accounts- have you got a seperate tel number for each one? with a seperate paypal account for each one?
cheers
Old 12-15-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

1 Computer User Account = 1 eBay/Paypal account with NO LINKING TO A OLDER ACCOUNT

1 Computer User Account =2 Different eBay/Paypal accounts = THE DREADED LINKED ACCOUNT SYNDROME

Don't do it. Keep it ALL separate. Your account will last a LOT longer.
If you do it your way please let me know how long your accounts last.
Old 12-16-2008
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Default ok

Thanks HWGA, I appreciate your advice and will try to follow it as much as I can but I will have to pair a few off, I get that they could get linked, but I just cant have 12-20 user screens, I share a computer with his highness, who is starting to grumble, about them slowing it all down .
If firefox deletes cookies after each use and I use differnt IP on each ebay/pp account (which Ive got the hang of now, as it becomes automatic in your mind) The accounts shouldnt get linked, right? What other way can they get linked. Pictures all go via auctiva, am I missing something? These are not old suspended accounts, I was planning to pair together, these are new active clean ones, that i plan to take care of under HWGAs system. As soon as I get a takedown, that will be rested for 90 days.
I mean 6 screens I can handle, not 12!!!!
HWGA, how many users do you have, like 20+, ?
Old 12-16-2008
Executive [VIP]

Here are some suggestions that might help in your situation.
These are not for the faint of heart and require a little more pre-thought and data tracking.
They also have a little more risk..... So if you chose to do it you must be dedicated to tracking your data VERY closely:

Start Here:
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...ame-names.html

Then go here:
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/suspens...ed-1-ppal.html

Read them in full and read them carefully. This is a system that I use about 75% of the time.
oompaloompa (12-16-2008), outraged (10-13-2010)
Old 12-16-2008

Longevity: 94%
Default Buy a apple

I have a mac book running parallels, Parallels is running windows with 6 user accounts on it. I download torrents and have at least 10 movies, 10 games, 10 books. plus itunes and limewire and all my other hundred apps, including photoshop. and right now I still have 51.95 gbs without moving stuff around. and i had this computer for almost 3 years.
gotta love a mac.
Old 12-16-2008
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Default we need a masonic handshake for this forum...

I mean we need a sign or we could pass each other in a crowded airport...

anyway, maybe I will buy a mac, although some of the IP issues might floor me, I was lucky with my exisitng PC having dynamic IP or I wouldnt have been able to solve it, even with a month of sundays reading the IP forum, thats just me, make a mean tiramisu though...

Last edited by oompaloompa; 12-16-2008 at 02:04 PM.
Old 12-16-2008
Executive [VIP]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I agree with Modee.
Why run windows on a Mac?
The Mac OS X is more stable and smarter that windows ever thought about trying to be.
Would you buy a Ferrari and drop a engine from a Ford into it just because the engine had normal bolts and not metric?
Old 12-19-2008

Longevity: 89%
Default ? re: Mac OS X and Multi-User scenario

Modee,

I agree with you both. Mac OS offers many solid reasons to use completely in place of any Windows alternative. I started with a SE single floppy and have never looked back.

My question is in reference to your statement above about maintaining multiple user accounts in OSX (I presume for accessing each Ebay ID).

If that is what you are doing and assuming (again) that you use FireFox how are you getting around cookies in FF? Each user should still be drawing off one install of FF, correct?

Secondarily would using FF within Parallels and going through Hidemy***.com work or would ebay redirect you?

Thanks for any input.
Old 12-19-2008

Longevity: 94%

yeah I myself never use windows but it seems all my kids game and crap are mostly window compatible. therefore I have parallels to run their stuff too.
Old 06-15-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

just resurrected this thread, boy I was a young whippersnapper then...anyhoo

something freaks me occasionally, wondering if anyone has explanation. I have a couple of user accounts that share multiple ebays, they are set up to clear cookies LSO on mozilla upon exit. Normally, I have to get a phone call or email with pin to list new stuff or relist BUT occasionally it doesnt ask me, only occasionally.........dont get it, I double check cookies are being cleared, its always fine, I always pause when I put in my user id to see it is remembering another id etc.....is this a glitch, because if there are no cookies it ought to ask for pin verification...can anyone explain....VIC, youd know this..
Old 06-23-2010

Longevity: 80%

just find a cheap laptop to run your BUSINESS
The Following User Says Thank You to mememe1972 For This Useful Post:
ebayerOG (10-20-2010)