Google Checkout Worse than Paypal ? Maybe for some, not others - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions > Payment Gateways

Payment Gateways Payment Gateway Discussions - Stripe Accounts, PayPal Accounts, Authorize.Net, Coinbase and More.

Old 06-24-2007
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBayEmployee View Post
I swear why dont you all ever read. This was posted on page 1 of this thread...Its your bank thats holds up payment..

This was takinf from what cpugeek said on page 1

''''Wrong ballsack,

They do deposit to your bank within 24 hours of requesting it, but it takes time for your"bank" to credit the deposit to your account. So google does their half but if you got a slow bank then it will take longer.

My merchant account I have now takes 2 days total for me to have the funds hit my bank account because my bank is pretty fast when it comes to deposits..'''''

Google Checkout: Merchant Help Center - How often will Google pay me for my sales?

Google takes within 2 business days to initiate payout. Whether or not they actually take 2 days is another story but the fact remains that if they say they take up to 2 days don't be surprised if they do. I rest my case.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-24-2007

Longevity: 99%

So just to get this straight, the general point being made is that any card that has a routing number on it other than an actual bank account, that is being used for paypal, google, or whatever account, will eventually run into problems. Is that the gist of what I'm reading?

At first this sounded like an interesting option to consider but the last few posts make it sound like a bad idea.
Old 06-24-2007
Banned

Longevity: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
Google checkout has worked for me so far. Last week I did a $9500. transaction with them (as seller), and shipped. So I hope the cash gets to my account! No problems indicated so far.

I rather doubt PP would allow close to ten grand to flow so quickly.
You'll be fine! I had almost 15k week before last through google checkout.
Old 06-24-2007
Banned

Each one of my sales have been $1500+ and Google has yet to ask me for any info.

With paypal, they limit every account that wants to withdraw funds it seems, and then you have to go through with an investigation.
Old 06-24-2007

If only you could handle a merchant account the same way as paypal for a linked account.
Old 06-24-2007
Banned

Quote:
But once you get through that limitation, it's full bore ahead - noo problems!
Its too much of a hassle.
Old 06-24-2007
Executive [VIP]

Yeah 24 hours is impossible, because I use to work for a collection agency call OSI...so let me give u the run down...when your dealing with banks its called a "paper draft" what that means is once a merchant such as google, paypal, submits a payment its in the form of a pre-printed check that takes the banks 2-3 days to clear to there account becausr the merchant has to contact to the bank to verify the money is valid or the bank will deposit the money back into your account. But assuming transaction is legit they inturn take the money and deposit that into your account. The only way u can get money instantly is a ACH draft which comes out directly it does not matter if your account is in the negative the money will still be extracted unless u put a debit hold on the account which by the way cost 30-60 bucks and only good for 6 months depending on what bank you use. But Nooo Merchant on on planet earth can give u money within 24 hours. "Paper drafts" don't even hit the bank the sameday much less despositing money in your account sameday.
Old 06-25-2007

Just because they don't have a customer service number easily reachable doesn't mean they don't have a customer service number. There are plenty of businesses like that.
Old 06-28-2007
Subscribed [VIP]

Default which auction do you use to sell your product?

hi:
which auction do you use to sell your product?
Old 06-28-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

Quote:
This was not sold via auction, but for auctions I use EBAY and UBID only right now.

How are your UBID sales doing? Nothing like eBay I presume.

UBID does have decent traffic, but nothing like eBay.
Old 06-29-2007
Subscribed [VIP]

Old 06-29-2007
Administrator

Quote:
I have sold A LOT of items on UBID, but in general they tend to close a little lower than the identical item on EBAY.

On EBAY nearly all of my listings are no reserve starting price at about nothing, and they close at or even higher than what I would want on a Buy it Now.

I have not risked a starting price $1. listing on UBID yet - I just don't know if there is enough traffic to lift the price adequately. So on UBID I put a "buy it now" price maybe $400. or so above my minimum bid.

I have to be willing to sell at close to my minimum bid though, because the UBID buyers tend not to bid so much, at least with these types of listing. I may risk a $1. starting price soon - will let you know how it goes.

UBID will feature you on their home page or on the specialty page for your type of item if you list 5 or 10 at a time. Now, that is one nice thing. On UBID I can list $100,000. of stuff at once and they will not molest me. Doing something like that is what got me suspended off EBAY in the first place. They just couldn't believe that anyone could have that much merchandise - but I did, and do.

That's good to hear. I just recently saw a UBid.com ad on TV, it was around 3 am but they're trying.
Old 06-29-2007
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmastr View Post
My company did $35,000 through google checkout in the past 2 months. Hopefully hit 250k+ by this time next year with them.
Great Service saved us almost 900 dollars in fees.
That's not bad, you don't use Paypal anymore?
Old 06-30-2007
Subscribed [VIP]

how to use google checkout in your auction ?
i just signed up with them and i got approved ,i am waiting to verify my bank's account. i have some auctions running outside Ebay.
Old 07-03-2007

Is Google Checkout as open as Paypal to chargeback attempts? Right now my paypal account is limited, and even though I'm confident I'll win, I'm tempted to do a google checkout. But with all the bad press they've received, I'm iffy. Are they more likely to side with the buyer like paypal, or the seller, or are they more arbitrary and don't take sides? The current limitation is because of a "not as described" claim, but the auction was clear and cut. Just wondering if Google would laugh that off, or if they're more hardcore than Paypal. And will they yank funds out of your bank account (that have already deposited) if there is a dispute filed?
Old 07-03-2007
Banned

Jack you have to make sure to write clear concise policies so that when a buyer sends a payment to you, you are protected. If you leave the policies blank in your google checkout account you probably would never win a chargeback. Checkout the google checkout help pages, they have a ton of information on chargebacks and how to prevent them as well as google promises relating to chargebacks.
Old 07-03-2007

Thanks George. In your opinion, do you think paypal or ebay is worse when it comes to chargeback protection and limitations? I would rather go with google right now since my paypal account is limited, but as I expect that limitation to be lifted shortly, it's not a must. I'll just go with the one least likely to mess me over in the end.

Oh, and the invoice has already been sent for one item. Can I even send another invoice from Google Checkout at this point, or will that look shady? I'm not about to tell a buyer that I'm having Paypal limitation problems!
Old 07-03-2007
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Thanks George. In your opinion, do you think paypal or ebay is worse when it comes to chargeback protection and limitations? I would rather go with google right now since my paypal account is limited, but as I expect that limitation to be lifted shortly, it's not a must. I'll just go with the one least likely to mess me over in the end.

Oh, and the invoice has already been sent for one item. Can I even send another invoice from Google Checkout at this point, or will that look shady? I'm not about to tell a buyer that I'm having Paypal limitation problems!
Ive sent the same worded invoice before like 4 times lol to the same person, no problems. Its nothing official.

I would definitely go with google. The only reason why I deal with eBay is because the amount of sales it brings in for me. PayPal though I don't have to deal with and don't ever want to. Google works more like a merchant account which is very nice.
Old 07-03-2007

George, normally I don't mind reading up on these things, but I'm in a bit of a bind for time, so if you can help that would be appreciated. Essentially, what do I need to do/what *can* I do at this point now that an auction is over, as it relates to google checkout, or must these things be handled in the listing itself before a purchase even happens? My auction terms are clear in that there is no mention of a return policy, so it's pretty clear (or ambiguous if that's your take) that I don't have one. I also have an open door policy on questions and encourage them highly. I suppose I may be able to make this more clear in the invoice that is sent by adding a blurb about it. Anything special I should put in the google checkout invoice, or anything I need to communicate with google directly? Or is it pretty much just say *no returns* and I'll be ok?
Old 07-03-2007
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
George, normally I don't mind reading up on these things, but I'm in a bit of a bind for time, so if you can help that would be appreciated. Essentially, what do I need to do/what *can* I do at this point now that an auction is over, as it relates to google checkout, or must these things be handled in the listing itself before a purchase even happens? My auction terms are clear in that there is no mention of a return policy, so it's pretty clear (or ambiguous if that's your take) that I don't have one. I also have an open door policy on questions and encourage them highly. I suppose I may be able to make this more clear in the invoice that is sent by adding a blurb about it. Anything special I should put in the google checkout invoice, or anything I need to communicate with google directly? Or is it pretty much just say *no returns* and I'll be ok?
When you login to your google checkout account in settings you need to put statements into your policy sections.

One section is for returns/refunds. Just put No returns or refunds.
Another section is for how long processing & shipping takes, etc.

Since you didn't say google checkout before the auction ended, you can try just sending the invoice and see if the buyer is ok with it all.

The invoice really doesnt have to say much besides like a one line statement of what you just sold.
Old 07-03-2007

Thanks George! One more question though, I know of no way to add an email address to an existing Google Checkout account (if there's a way please enlighten me) so if I create a new account attached to the email address of the ebay checkout, is Google like Paypal in treating you more fairly after your account is more seasoned, or do they care if your account is new or not? I'm asking this just in case this buyer turns out to be a flim flam artist out to fraud me.
Old 07-04-2007
Subscribed [VIP]

If you ever get a chargeback they email you personally from their reps. They ask you is there any trouble with the sale and if you have proof that it was delivered and/or invoice. Just make sure you have tracking numbers and your good to go.

They will protect you up to 10k a year if you follow their steps and they actually follow their rules. Google runs like a real merchant account but with low ass fees and seller protection. A real merchant account you have the higher fees and no seller protection. Paypal is a ****ty account with even higher fees, high chances of money getting stolen, no seller protection, and horrible service.