Cartmanager is the best to avoid linking - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions > Payment Gateways

Payment Gateways Payment Gateway Discussions - Stripe Accounts, PayPal Accounts, Authorize.Net, Coinbase and More.

Old 03-01-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%

You can still use cartmanager. It might be against the rules, but they are not enforcing it yet.

I also think it might be grandfathered in for the pre07 accounts or there will be some arrangement. I think there are too many sellers who are established that have merchant accounts and rolling with them, without problems. That is pure speculation on my part, but I would believe it would not be in eBays best interest to lose these sellers, especially if they are following policy and making ebay money while doing it eBays way. Remember they only care about the $.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-01-2009

Longevity: 88%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaykilla View Post
sigh...cartmanager is NOT illegal (breaking ebay rules is not a crime anyway). eBay allows third party checkout. eBay still allows you to link cartmanager as checkout which I still do to this day on all my new accounts. Saying that cartmanager is illegal, not allowed, etc is total misinformation on this form. eBay offered "Payyflow" as an OPTION for sellers..NOT a mandate back on Jan.19, 2009.
replace my use of "illegal" with "flaggable" and let's not get bogged down on words.

flaggable practices on a new account lead to quick suspensions
Old 03-02-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 99%

Aside from the words, Cartmanager will not get you suspended on eBay. It is allowed. As are third party checkouts. I use cartmanager on all of my new ebay accounts without a hitch. Has anyone here been suspended for using 3rd party checkouts aside from competitors like googlecheckout? I seriously doubt it. eBay still allows you to turn off ebay checkout so this whole idea that it leads to suspension is misguided.
Old 03-02-2009

Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
[/B]

imo, that is far too risky for the account. The catergory ask for paypal as the payment method and a note to avoid using it will raise flags.Designer clothing
is a nasty :there are far too many competitors that will be only too happy to report such a listing. We know that buyers do not understand to wait for invoices & only want to use paypal. How to solve that is the answer.
GreenBeen, thanks for posting! "How to solve that is the " question, not "answer"..right?

I was planning to use Cartmanager + GC on 15 Feedback Ebay Account opened early Nov 07, thinking it may still go through accepting Merchant Acc. without faxing in documents, early Nov, like 7th or 8th? However, letting this Ebay acc. cool for now until I figure Cartmanager thing with it. Or is it wasting my time because of what I am selling?
So, I listed two expensive designer items last week on another (37 positive feedback, opened August 07) account, one with BIN and the other one auction style still running with lots of bids on it. BIN item sold the next morning (Saturday), but since amount was over $500 I get hit with 21 day hold from PP. I sold few designer items few weeks ago in $200-$300 range with no problem and there was no 21 day hold, so I figure they put hold on higher amounts.....or as they please.
Anyway, I had to play PP game so I shipped out the sold item right away the same day and entered tracking into my PP, but its so frustrating, because I just know I will be hit with another 21 day hold again when my other item auction closes tomorrow. BTW, becaus this is pre-11/07 account, it "would be" OK using CM + GC, but because of Ebay rules I had to use PP ONLY checkout as I am selling Vero. Every time I am listing something I tremble because I don't know if I'll get dreaded pop-up telling me to wait another 30 days to list again...after I spent hours taking pictures, creating auctions etc.... and if not, I know PP will try to screw me on their end with 21 day hold or something.

I have yet another Ebay (Stealth) account I opened 6 month ago and have 5 positive buyer feedback on it. I opened PP for this Ebay acc a month ago, and I opened Merchant with First Data for this account few weeks ago. I have not started selling on this account yet and have not linked my PP or Merchant to it yet. So, what should I do? Once I get ready selling, I believe Ebay will approve my First Data, but I still can't sell any designer items to avoid using PayPal with it, right? So, I will just have to link it to this Ebay account once I start listing designer items, grrr.... It's catch 22 situation and there seems to be no way around using PP if selling designer items, right? Is it hopeless and utterly impossible to stay under radar or is there a way, something else out there I've missed on this Forum and haven't read about it yet?

BTW, my stuff is all authentic and I am not screwing anyone. They can see this from my Feedback. I think it's not fair from Ebay or PP to be imposing all these limitations and restrictions on people just because they are selling designer items and accounts are not 10 years old yet. Should I just be patient and wait until my feedback gets over 100 in hopes they will leave me alone than, or there is simply no way around it..... Merchant Account, Cartmanager and all this, or not? Any input would be greatly appreciated... Thanks in advance...
Old 03-02-2009

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by boondoggle View Post
You can still use Cartmanager for now, the Ebay checkout rule has not yet been implemented. You can still generate a token with cartmanager and Cartmanager still claims to be an ebay partner. Modee claimed that accounts which were already set-up to use a 3rd party shopping cart would not be affected by Ebay's rule change, whether that is true, I dont know. Whether you find cartmanager useful is another thing.

Lyda, click that you accept PayPal but put a note in your listings that you dont use Ebay checkout and to either pay using the cartmanager "winning buyer" button or to wait for the invoice. There's lots more information on this on other threads. Personally Ive given up on cartmanager as it was just created more problems than benefits.
But its free to try, so give it a go and find out for yourself
Boondoggle, thanks for your input, but I tend to agree with GreenBean, it's too risky. I've put too much time and effort, read everything on this Forum, bought the Stealth Book ...etc..and I swear!!! I will never lose account again making risky moves or dumb mistakes.
After I lost my original 300+ 99% Feedback Ebay account to my own stupidity, I wasted bunch of money and time buying "How To Get Back On Ebay" e-books just to get kicked off again because they linked me each time..Until I found this Forum! Now I am up and running with 3 new accounts and staying on the safe side. Yes, it's kind off slow because of what I am selling, but there is a price we need to pay for everything.....
Old 03-02-2009

So, I am screwed into always using PayPal when I am selling designer items and there is no way around it? I have two weeks with Cartmanager expiring today and I don't know if I should shed the money to subscribe or not? Technically I could use it on one of my pre-11/07 accounts with Google Checkout, but what's the point if Ebay makes me use PP for selling designer items? It will take me years to get over 100 feedback this way using PP, being submitted to 21 day limitations and Ebay limitations not allowing me to list more than couple of items each month.....I feel like I am being discriminated by Ebay and PP and like they have their "darlings" selling designer stuff any way they want Seems like Cartmanager only makes sens to avoid PP for those not selling Vero but normal everyday stuff.. I am sooo PO at them!
Would it help if I subscribe to SquareTrade, MyPoupette and all this? I want to open the store, but what kind of store can I have listing 2-3 items every month on each account since Ebay/PP won't let me do more? I got caught up in lay-offs with National Home Builder in January, and now I am looking to make a living on Ebay the best way I know how...Indeed, a Catch22 situation............
Old 03-02-2009

Longevity: 93%

Hi Lydia....I am in the same boat as you. I only sell authentic designer merchandise that I buy at a discount from where I work. I am constantly having the same problems as you. I have even had a limit put on my kids used clothing! They were'nt even anything that great...just old gap clothes! I've had my hours cut at work and am trying to make the extra money I need to pay my bills. Let me know if you have any new ideas!
Old 03-02-2009
Executive [VIP]

With cartmanager paypal and googlecheckout have no idea that it is an ebay transaction. The transaction shows up as just "goods" and gives an order number from your cartmanager account. So no matter what you sell, paypal and googlecheckout only sees it as "goods" and it does not get the same scrutiny as an ebay transaction done with paypal. The issue you may have is ebay canceling your auctions because of Vero so I would take pictures of the receipts if you have them.

Last edited by ebaykilla; 03-02-2009 at 02:54 PM.
Old 03-02-2009

So, which one is the best way do you guys think?

Just link PP to ebay cause we sell VERO and start sell slowly or keep using cart manager as third party checkout account, so Paypal can't trace us and no way we can get limited?

I have make up 1 account from a suspended computer following all the guides of "Stealth Book", and I link it with my Paypal. At the moment, it has been 2 weeks, and I am still on boat selling slowly like a newbie.

But if you guys have any suggestion, I will highly appreciate it. I mean we never know when eBay staffs will go crazy and suspend you only because he is in bad mood.==
Old 03-03-2009

Thank you ALL for valuable input and ifo. It cleared few things for me regarding using Cartmanager. Ebaykilla, the fact that PP shows only "goods" really makes all the difference! Little tips and tricks..

Mwargin, I guess we just have to take it slow and be smart about selling until we build up more substantial feedback. I am doing lots of research now that I am pressed like you.. So, if I come up with something new, I will share..
Old 05-16-2009

Ok, my question is along the same line, would one be better off, using auctiva and an Authorize.net merchant account on multiple ebay accounts, (some in my name, some in others) since Auctiva doesn't share info with Ebay they will not know that it is the same Authorize.net account, right? or use Cartmanager with the accounts that aren't mine (all pre Nov. 07 accounts) and integrate the paypal option and the merchant account option? I know alot of people like to use paypal as a payment method, so I think I may lose sales if I only offer Auctiva Checkout with only Authorize.net as the payment method. What do all the Guru's suggest in this situation?
Thanks in advance....
Old 05-17-2009
Executive [VIP]

you can only use cartmanager with one account at a time.
Old 05-18-2009

dont discuss the purchases on ebay showing up as goods with cartmanager due to pp and ebay b**ches
Old 05-18-2009

Longevity: 87%

Hi, every one, I've been carefully read almost every recent messages and bought the book. There are two things actually confuse me very much, so I created ebay account and paypal account, according to the new rule, one must link ebay to paypal in order to sell, and paypal WILL limit your account and ask for Social at some point... what do you do when you couldn't use the old social? Or if there's any way to avoid giving social? If I purchase a pre 07 account, so all I have to do is refuse taking paypal and set up merchant account using auctiva? is that how it works if I sell electronic? Thanks for answering my questions.
Old 05-19-2009

how do I link cartmanager without using the payflow gateway?
Old 05-19-2009
Banned

Longevity: 87%

You don't, I don't think.

You just put a winning bidder checkout button on your listings and create an ebay token with the cartmanager software.
Old 09-07-2011

Longevity: 73%

The points are next.
I have almost 1000 stars eBay account with 99.4% feedbacks rating.
I had three GeyPal accounts (one on my own name with stealth info and two for the other REAL person with the same addresses))) All has been limited for sure.
And now I opened GeyPal and new eBay accounts according to STEALTH BIBLE.
So the question will be next.
Is it possible to use CM on my old account to send GeyPal payments to new GeyPal account? Is it hard to tune it?
Link with eBay, get API from PayPal and disable checkout from eBay account?