Family Member's account limited - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 12-22-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 42%
Default Family Member's account limited

Hi All,

Ive been an ebay user for years and paypal too. Now a few years ago I had money issues and I ended up with a negative balance, I just ignored it for a long time and forgot all about it.

I opened a new Paypal and Ebay a while after and made little effort to hide my ID so guess what I got limited again but only about 70 quid so yeah annpying but not life threatining. The reason for the limitation was a link to my old account with the balance owing on it..

A family member said that they would sell things on ebay on my behalf which was fine and worked and sold a few high value items and I stupidly sold something under my ebay id that I had used before with their paypal account. BOOM limited. Now the balance on the family members account is about 1k which is a hell of a lot more money.

What is the best option here? Cry and walk away with them keeping the 1k?

Does my family member have any chance of getting this limit lifted given that they are not me and do not live at the same address as me? It is not their debt so to speak its mine.

I havent called or spoke to paypal from either account but a bit gutted to get 1k off me at christmas time. If I just leave it 180 days will I get the cash back or should I get the family member to call up and deny all knowledge? It isnt their fault after all.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-23-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: Family Member's account limited

First thing to ask is how much if the negative balance?

It is possible that PayPal will only unlock either account after that balance is paid off

Your second account is very unlikely to ever be unlimited

Your friends account stands a better chance but it would still be a bit of a shot in the dark. They would need to phone PayPal and see what PayPal need from them
Old 12-23-2016
Threadstarter  

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Owed is about 700 GBP

I am not bothered about my second account I am more bothered about my family members account because of the amount of money in there and also the fact that its not my account nor their fault.

Surely they can't keep the money of someone else who is totally verified with all their own details and their own bank account, everything is theres.

What would they say to Paypal if they called up as they have ID and stuff they can send if required. And no this person is not financially linked to me e.g not my wife / partner.

I would happily pay it off as I have been paying balances on my old debts from when I was a student every month with installments I guess I chose to think that pp were going to eventually write me a letter and id add them to my payment plan but I cannot afford to clear the balance in one go.

What is the chances of family members account being unlimited again? Now or after 180 days? Both UK accounts btw
Old 12-23-2016
Executive [VIP]

First thing I would advise is getting that £700 debt paid off. Talking off a repayment plan with PayPal, or who ever they have assigned the debt to, is a good start to getting that resolved.

It may not be their fault that the account was limited, but in letting you use their account it was put at risk.

PayPal will be able to see that the payment came in from a totally different eBay account, one that is linked to a limited PayPal which is why they got limited. That is enough of a link for them to limit the account.

The worse case scenario in your friends accounts case is that the money will be held for 180 days and then it will be available to withdraw. Its unlikely that they account will ever be totally unlimited. The only way to find out is for them to phone PayPal and see if they can get the account limitation removed. It is a shot in the dark but there is no harm in trying at this stage
Old 12-23-2016
Threadstarter  

Thankyou kindly for your reply. I will speak to them in regard to clearing the balance, Would the 180 day thing be guaranteed or would they possibly just hold the money forever and say well this other account owes us money we will just keep this instead?

I removed all the linked dead paypal details off my ebay account so didnt think the link would still exist it obviously did. So I am guessing that they PP think that my family member is actually me?

Its a fully verified account and they already verified ID to get the receiving limits removed I guess it's dead in that case?

PS I have sent you a message regarding your stealth accounts :D
Old 12-23-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums crmpet
Old 12-23-2016
Executive [VIP]

Links cannot ever be totally removed. Once its there its there forever

PayPal will think there is enough of a connection to be able to say even if you are not the same person, you are very closely linked, hence the limitation.

There are never any guarantees with PayPal but in this case I would be very surprised if the full funds were not released after the 180 days
Old 12-25-2016

Easy, ask your family to call up Paypal and tell them why is their Acc limited. And if asked about your old account, just say 'I dont know what he is doing and i dont have connection with him at all online. I operate my own acc, he operates his own. I dont owe u a cent'. See what paypal will resolve..... Be sure to call them
Old 12-25-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palesantos View Post
Easy, ask your family to call up Paypal and tell them why is their Acc limited. And if asked about your old account, just say 'I dont know what he is doing and i dont have connection with him at all online. I operate my own acc, he operates his own. I dont owe u a cent'. See what paypal will resolve..... Be sure to call them
PP has heard these stories tons of times - can't hurt to try but don't expect great success