Big trouble with Paypal account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 12-23-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 68%
Default Big trouble with Paypal account

Some idiot hacked my stealth paypal account, he logged in and changed password and security questions so I could not login anymore.

Then he started opening disputes for payments back till January. All of them were closed after a few days, however. I tried to contact Paypal but, sorry, it looks like there are not many normal people working there. They kept on telling me they need to talk to the account owner, and I am not the owner. How can he see this on the phone???
And I AM the owner! A week later they sent an email all disputes were closed, there was no unauthorized transaction (INDEED there was none, the hacker opened the disputes) and then 2 hours later next email, there was also no unauthorized login (ALTHOUGH they have Chinese IP login in their protocol for a Washington account), and they will limit the account for 180 days due to potential high risk (WHICH high risk when there was no unauthorized login).

So my question now, how can I proceed selling on ebay? Make a new paypal account, remove the old one from ebay and add the new one? But the new one will have different details than my eBay account, does it matter?

Or is there any other payment processor I can add on ebay for receiving payments, like Skrill, Payoneer etc.?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-23-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 17%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Big trouble with Paypal account

Strange story...
Sounds like its time to start over fresh.
You cannot add a new paypal to the old ebay as the link will be instant and it will also get limited.
Just open new accounts and start over. And this time open more than just a single account so you have backups should anything like this happen again.
Old 12-23-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by slokor View Post
Strange story...
Sounds like its time to start over fresh.
You cannot add a new paypal to the old ebay as the link will be instant and it will also get limited.
Just open new accounts and start over. And this time open more than just a single account so you have backups should anything like this happen again.
Hmm, as eBay and Paypal are separate companies now, why I can't just add a new Paypal? Is it required that info is the same as on eBay?

Starting over is not that good, because I need immediate availability of funds because I am dropshipping. If I start with new accounts, it takes ages till they remove the 21 day hold. Ok, if you update with tracking (what I always do) you "only" have to wait 7 days, but still too much for my supplier.

Also it cannot be for real that you can only use paypal on ebay as a payment method?!

Also I just saw you are selling aged ebay accounts, so how does that work? There is also a paypal attached to them, so the buyer of the account needs to remove it and add his own ....

Last edited by anatho; 12-23-2016 at 05:47 PM.
Old 12-23-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 17%
Longevity: 91%

The separation between the companies is for accounting purposes only. Nothing has changed in the way the two companies operate, interact and share information.
And as for your situation... it is what it is... not much you can do about it other than learn to not repeat the same mistake of running a single account in the future. I would highly recommend starting several accounts and aging them simultaneously.
As for my accounts - I sell them with a paypal account (as do all the other sellers) and it is not recommended you switch the paypal to a different one as the mismatching info on the two accounts will raise a major red flag.
Old 12-23-2016

Longevity: 64%
Send a message via ICQ to easy.bake.oven

Quote:
The separation between the companies is for accounting purposes only. Nothing has changed in the way the two companies operate, interact and share information.
From my personal experiences I found that they don't 'talk' to each other as much which is good.

I have experienced this for myself oven many different accounts.
Old 12-24-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
And as for your situation... it is what it is... not much you can do about it other than learn to not repeat the same mistake of running a single account in the future. I would highly recommend starting several accounts and aging them simultaneously.
As for my accounts - I sell them with a paypal account (as do all the other sellers) and it is not recommended you switch the paypal to a different one as the mismatching info on the two accounts will raise a major red flag.
Ok, well so if I would buy ebay+paypal account from you, this would be a good solution. But my question, as they are aged accounts so when I start logging in from a different computer and different IP than before, won't that raise red flags? E.g. I only once logged in on my PP from a different IP and immediately they asked to phone/SMS confirm at the next log in because there was "suspicious activity".

Also about PP account, your account has attached VBA, so that means I have to remove it and add my own in order to withdraw? Again, this does not cause any trouble?
Or is it better to take out money by e.g. sending payments to my "real" paypal account?
Old 12-24-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by anatho View Post
Hmm, as eBay and Paypal are separate companies now, why I can't just add a new Paypal? Is it required that info is the same as on eBay?

They are not fully independent of each other yet. You still need to be careful of how to handle your accounts.

Sending money to your real account will also make many problems.
Old 12-27-2016

Longevity: 46%

Quote:
So my question now, how can I proceed selling on ebay? Make a new paypal account, remove the old one from ebay and add the new one? But the new one will have different details than my eBay account, does it matter?

Or is there any other payment processor I can add on ebay for receiving payments, like Skrill, Payoneer etc.?
I already added in my Ebay other paypal account, but for US ebay need US paypal, don't foget about it, need same country Ebay and PayPal.
Name Ebay and PayPal different, but same country
Skrill i add long time ago for payment, but all people used paypal for payments.
Old 12-27-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by N@Kes View Post
I already added in my Ebay other paypal account, but for US ebay need US paypal, don't foget about it, need same country Ebay and PayPal.
Name Ebay and PayPal different, but same country
Skrill i add long time ago for payment, but all people used paypal for payments.
yes US Paypal account, so I can just use random name and address and it does not have to be the same as on eBay? just US address?

I do not know how to add skrill, in my skrill account there is no info about how to add it on ebay.