PayPal Account Restored after Being Permanently Limited - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 08-23-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
Default PayPal Account Restored after Being Permanently Limited

This is my first post in the forum, but I thought it would be a good to let me know that it IS possible to get your paypal account restored after a permanent limitation.

Since it was this post: http://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-...y-limited.html that gave me hope that an appeal was possible, I wanted to provide you guys with another success story.

Anyway here are the details of my suspension:

Reason for Permanent Limitation: Selling Prescription Medication (birth control pills)

How I Appealed:

I emailed aup@paypal.com with an honest confession that I did offer the item for sale, and that I didn't realize that it was against paypal's policy due to that I'd bough them over the counter without a prescription (quite true). I acknowledged that I should have done more research, that this is my fault for not being more diligent in my research of PayPal's policies, and explained that I had removed the offending listing from the website.

After that I pointed out that I'd been with PayPal for almost 17 years, and that this is the first time I'd ever had a problem with the account. I reaffirmed that I would not sell products like this again in the future, then asked if at very least I could be allowed to purchase items online, and politely closed the email.

I didn't get a response for 10 days, and assumed that it went into someone's junk folder, but then today I got a response prompting me to go into my paypal account, and e-sign an affidavit indicating that I wouldn't use the service to sell medication anymore, as well as one indicating that i'd removed paypal as a payment method for medication, medical supplies, and equipment offers online.

Now my account is restored.

The most important part of all this is that PayPal doesn't want excuses trying to put the blame on someone else.
The honest "I messed up, and i'll never do it again," style email seems to work better.
The Following User Says Thank You to PJtheFey For This Useful Post:
PeaceAndLove (10-09-2019)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-25-2017

Longevity: 38%
Default Re: PayPal Account Restored after Being Permanently Limited

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with PP. I am still working on it :((((((((
Old 08-25-2017
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 53%
Longevity: 91%

welcome to the forums.

Well, you said you just want to purchase... I wonder if they take this as you'll not use the account to sell again.
Old 08-25-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
welcome to the forums.

Well, you said you just want to purchase... I wonder if they take this as you'll not use the account to sell again.
Well in my email I asked them at the very least please let me make purchases, but the response indicated that the account would be completely restored (selling included), as long as I don't sell medication.
Old 08-25-2017

I am so happy for you. I am still waiting for a response from PP.
Old 08-26-2017

Longevity: 40%

I'm in a similar situation with aup. I wonder if I can draft up a similar heartfelt email (waterworks included) and then screen and accept payments only from established and trusted buyers.

I suspect there are paid agents who make complaints to paypal, but this is just speculation.
Old 08-28-2017

Longevity: 56%

Hey fellow 17 year paypal'r like me.. well i got the boot last week after racking thousands of dollars on goods which I admit was not official but I didn't realize Paypal would get on me as I have been using them for so long. Well i did send email to aup@paypal.com and appeals@paypal.com letting them know i won't use them as payment gateway but just buying and selling on ebay. But I did mention that I was using a supplier I didn't know how these goods. So maybe mine will be rejected for not be straight forward.. But It's been 5 days and I'm itching for them to contact me back but you waited 10 days im not sure if i should wait or call them and have them get a ticket for me with response... Seems more i bother them I'll be getting some workers upset?

Or should I contact them cause after 10 days like OP seems they forgotten me and that hurts cause I need closure 17 years whoa... !

On my email though i did point out 17 years and never got warning like this etc.. and should them my ebay account which has close to 10k feedback all positive and still intact I dont use it to sell much though
Old 08-28-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakamuru View Post
Hey fellow 17 year paypal'r like me.. well i got the boot last week after racking thousands of dollars on goods which I admit was not official but I didn't realize Paypal would get on me as I have been using them for so long. Well i did send email to aup@paypal.com and appeals@paypal.com letting them know i won't use them as payment gateway but just buying and selling on ebay. But I did mention that I was using a supplier I didn't know how these goods. So maybe mine will be rejected for not be straight forward.. But It's been 5 days and I'm itching for them to contact me back but you waited 10 days im not sure if i should wait or call them and have them get a ticket for me with response... Seems more i bother them I'll be getting some workers upset?

Or should I contact them cause after 10 days like OP seems they forgotten me and that hurts cause I need closure 17 years whoa... !

On my email though i did point out 17 years and never got warning like this etc.. and should them my ebay account which has close to 10k feedback all positive and still intact I dont use it to sell much though
It's hard to say without knowing the specifics of your situation. In my case my PP account was mostly used as a consumer account, but I also used it to accept ebay transactions, a few digital items and random stuff I was selling on Bonanza.

I only had one offending offer for sale online. The email they set me had a direct link to the website, and I took it down as soon as I got it. Again my approach was (paraphrased) "I am sorry for the misunderstanding. This is my fault. I thought that this was non-prescription medication because I had bought it over the counter without one. I've removed the offending item, and admit that I should have read your policies better. I will not sell products like this again using your service. I have been using your service for almost 17 years and this is the first problem we've ever had with my account. AT the very least I would like to be able to continue to use paypal to pay merchants as I maintain most of my online subscriptions using my account."

It sounds like in your case you've been selling the items that break the paypal service agreement for a while in volume. I'm not sure how they'd react to you saying that you will no longer sell them. As I said, it took them a week and a half before someone got to me, so we know that there is still hope at around the 10 day mark.
Old 08-28-2017

Longevity: 56%

Yeah seems yours triggered with like "illegal prescription drugs" but then you had valid reason (it convinved me too about your reasons).. So sometimes paypal ebay does have heart and will be lenient. But I have invoices from 6 to 7 vendors that carry licensed goods. I'll just have to wait. Lucikly there is lot of payment gateways out there but paypal is pretty convenient and thing that bothers me most is that 17 years with them without warning, I get the ax. Guess business is business. Keep emotions out of certain areas.

So funny my ebay of 4-5 years got reinstated.. Got happy. Then paypal gets gone.. Hmm But i can still sell on ebay just need different payment gateway
Old 08-28-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 64%

Nice job. Best of luck.
Old 08-29-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakamuru View Post
.. But It's been 5 days and I'm itching for them to contact me back but you waited 10 days im not sure if i should wait or call them and have them get a ticket for me with response...
Don't worry, you are not neglected. Having a silence in respond is much better than being answered 2 hrs after you appeal.
I waited for 3 weeks for their respond and also got very impatient.
But at the end of the day my account got restored too. So, don't give up!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to just_a_visitor For This Useful Post:
brew7676 (03-23-2019), PeaceAndLove (10-09-2019)
Old 09-02-2017

Longevity: 74%

Wow very interesting! I wonder if it would work for accounts that are not so AGED
Old 03-25-2021

Longevity: 17%

Well it might of worked out for you but with my issue was some jerk off asking for a refund of money he had lend me which I was going to pay back in person but he sought out to complicate things and request it through PayPal and that’s the only thing that caused me to lose my account permanently and after talking to countless PayPal employees they all shut me down as if I had committed a major crime at this point I just wish I could unlink my bank and card information permanently off PayPal same way the permanently banned me