PayPal ID Limitation Removed By Text Message?? Anyone Else Experience This? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 09-06-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 40%
Default PayPal ID Limitation Removed By Text Message?? Anyone Else Experience This?

Hello All!

So I just wanted to share my weird and amazing PayPal experience. So I had a stealth account that I was pounding with sales right after opening it. Of course, I got the ID ban, which I was expecting. So I was going to let it run the 45 day course, accept payments during that 45 days still and then let it sit for 180 days until withdrawal.

However, I unfortunately received the SSN limit at around 30 days, and couldn't do anything but refund money. I was like "oh crap, what do I do?" So I called PayPal, and got some guy in the limitations department. I told him that I didn't feel comfortable providing my ID or SSN because I almost had my identity stolen before (True story). He was like "Okay I understand, so what I can do is instead of doing the ID, I can go through our verification process by sending you a text message to the number on file or you can verify the whole credit card number on file."

So I do the text message, give him the pin number and he lifts the ID limit! He said I'd be able to withdraw, but I wouldn't be able to receive payments until I provide SSN. Which, I'm just going to give an EIN after I get one. This is amazing! I've never had this happen. Everytime I receive an ID limit, they always make me wait 180 days since I failed to provide the documents they wanted.

Has anyone else had this happen before? Is this something common, and it's all about how I talk on the phone? Or did I just get a really cool guy over at PayPal?
The Following User Says Thank You to Fishermanzz2 For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (09-06-2017)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-06-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: PayPal ID Limitation Removed By Text Message?? Anyone Else Experience This?

Sounds like you got a break - interesting approach to the SSN request.
Old 09-06-2017
Threadstarter  

Default Re: PayPal ID Limitation Removed By Text Message?? Anyone Else Experience This?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Sounds like you got a break - interesting approach to the SSN request.
Yeah it definitely does. I actually had to call back the next day because his verify system timed out. I just consolidated everything. Also, the lady who I spoke to on the second day allowed the same type of thing, and just asked me what I was selling and why. And that was it.
Old 09-06-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

I'm really curious to see if anyone else has any similar experiences. I've always thought it was technically illegal for Paypal (public company, not a financial institution) to require your SSN when you're limited for any reason other than a 200/$20,000 tax limitation. Perhaps they were forced to create some other verification option.

If what you're saying is true, and it appears to be at least mostly true since you've called twice now, then I should be able to restore the only Paypal I've ever lost. I'm going to wait to hear if anyone else has anything to say about this, but I'll probably be calling in on mine either way at this point. Nothing to lose.

Thanks for sharing OP.
Old 09-06-2017
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishermanzz2 View Post
Yeah it definitely does. I actually had to call back the next day because his verify system timed out. I just consolidated everything. Also, the lady who I spoke to on the second day allowed the same type of thing, and just asked me what I was selling and why. And that was it.
What do you mean by "consolidated everything"?

Sorry to ask but I'm trying to determine if your experience applies to my situation or not...
Old 09-06-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
What do you mean by "consolidated everything"?

Sorry to ask but I'm trying to determine if your experience applies to my situation or not...
Oh I meant the original story. I excluded the lady on the second day because I didn't want my post to be too long.
Old 09-06-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I'm really curious to see if anyone else has any similar experiences. I've always thought it was technically illegal for Paypal (public company, not a financial institution) to require your SSN when you're limited for any reason other than a 200/$20,000 tax limitation. Perhaps they were forced to create some other verification option.

If what you're saying is true, and it appears to be at least mostly true since you've called twice now, then I should be able to restore the only Paypal I've ever lost. I'm going to wait to hear if anyone else has anything to say about this, but I'll probably be calling in on mine either way at this point. Nothing to lose.

Thanks for sharing OP.
Yeah there's really nothing to lose. And it definitely depends on your rep you get when you call. I've had a few jacka$$e$. I've noticed that female reps with no accent tend to understand me more and get what I'm saying. I think it's the US reps. That's why it's better to call in the morning as soon as they open. People tend to be in better moods as well.

And well this just proves that there are other options available, but it depends on who's willing to help you or not. Remember, it depends on what type of ban you have. Mine was just ID and SSN. Was yours the same?
Old 09-06-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishermanzz2 View Post
Mine was just ID and SSN. Was yours the same?
It's been a while. I think there were a few more requirements but those were the only two I couldn't provide without fudging details. Mine is/was a business account when it got limited. Paypal sent me a W9 to fix an error with my business details and I got limited when I wasn't able to submit the W9 in time (long story, not my fault).

Anyway the error with my business name was fixed a long time ago, so the only reason I'm still limited is that ID request. In my resolution center it says "we're reviewing your documents and will get back to you or restore your account within 2 business day." It's said that for almost a year now. Hell I could get lucky and have a rep restore my account by telling them I fixed the problem and have been waiting almost a year for my docs to be reviewed.

Yeah I'll call them this week. I'll report back ASAP.
Old 09-06-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

This almost sounds like 2 different things.
Usually when you get limited due to not producing SSN/EIN per tax requirements, PayPal does not block you from withdrawing from your paypal account. Instead they will block you from receiving more payments.

In other conditions, when they limit your accounts and request ID, proof of address, and SSN, PayPal will do a full limitation which pretty much 100% cripples your account until you provide the info.

Then there is still another soft limitation where they will not allow you to withdraw but will allow you to receive payments. This is usually when they are just curious about why you are getting certain payments (assuming they are not from ebay)
Old 09-06-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
It's been a while. I think there were a few more requirements but those were the only two I couldn't provide without fudging details. Mine is/was a business account when it got limited. Paypal sent me a W9 to fix an error with my business details and I got limited when I wasn't able to submit the W9 in time (long story, not my fault).

Anyway the error with my business name was fixed a long time ago, so the only reason I'm still limited is that ID request. In my resolution center it says "we're reviewing your documents and will get back to you or restore your account within 2 business day." It's said that for almost a year now. Hell I could get lucky and have a rep restore my account by telling them I fixed the problem and have been waiting almost a year for my docs to be reviewed.

Awesome I look forward to seeing how this goes!
Old 09-06-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjammin View Post
Usually when you get limited due to not producing SSN/EIN per tax requirements, PayPal does not block you from withdrawing from your paypal account. Instead they will block you from receiving more payments.

In other conditions, when they limit your accounts and request ID, proof of address, and SSN, PayPal will do a full limitation which pretty much 100% cripples your account until you provide the info.

Then there is still another soft limitation where they will not allow you to withdraw but will allow you to receive payments. This is usually when they are just curious about why you are getting certain payments (assuming they are not from ebay)
All of my sales are from eBay. Here's what happened:

1) Get ID limitation for getting too many payments in. Can't withdraw money or delete account info, but can receive payments and refund. I have 45 days to provide info or I get permanent limitation.

2) After 30 days, get SSN ban stating they need it for tax purposes. Can't receive payments now until I provide the info. This happens around the $5500 mark.

3) I call in, and the story unfolds from my original post.
Old 09-07-2017

Longevity: 74%

Quote:

Just curious if you called in and what happened!
Old 09-08-2017

Longevity: 42%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjammin View Post

No. Just got this today. Had a one year old account. Sold a few things awhile back. Recently last 2 months sold 5 items totaling 500 dollars. Got the email SIGNIFICANT difference in types of items, (5 items all kitchen stuff)
They let me recieve and refund. Thats it. They are asking for SSN, Id, address, invoices.
Im like, WTF. If I wanted to give my SSN, Id just get a business account.
Nothing is significant and my ebay account is in good standing. So tired of this. Gonna call them tomorrow
Old 09-09-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rookprop View Post
No. Just got this today. Had a one year old account. Sold a few things awhile back. Recently last 2 months sold 5 items totaling 500 dollars. Got the email SIGNIFICANT difference in types of items, (5 items all kitchen stuff)
They let me recieve and refund. Thats it. They are asking for SSN, Id, address, invoices.
Im like, WTF. If I wanted to give my SSN, Id just get a business account.
Nothing is significant and my ebay account is in good standing. So tired of this. Gonna call them tomorrow
Yes exactly, they ask for this info very randomly. It's ridiculous.
Old 09-14-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:

Did you have any luck?