Advice needed - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 05-21-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 86%
Default Advice needed

I have an ebay account & a paypal account which were established in 2000. I started selling a lot more than usual this last month and have had about $14,000 in sales in the last month. Some of the items I'm selling are brand name so I've been hit with Vero a few times and some takedowns initiated by competitors. I have approximately 15 takedowns in the last month on my ebay account & have a 100% feedback rating.

Today paypal called me & interrogated me as to the nature of my business, etc essentially determining risk.

He said it sounded good & that I was all set, but when I logged into paypal a couple hours later, I got a warning that payapl needed me to go througha credit check (after 9 years with them). When I called paypal the guy told me that the other guy had done that. I asked for the supervisor. She said that she could remove it but that it would automatically go right back on so she wouldn't do it.

She ended up kissing my ass a lot but in the end said I had to do it or my account would be limited in 30 days.

So here is my question. Do I do the credit check? Everything would check out fine with the check, but I had another round of vero bs today after the credit check stuff came up (unrelated believe it or not) so I'm not sure if they're going to limit my ebay soon or not.

Advice needed: Do I do the credit check?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-22-2009
Threadstarter  

any suggestions?
Old 05-22-2009

Longevity: 87%

I am fairly new to this forum but my imput would be that it's worth fighting to keep an original ebay/paypal account. However, from your post it sounds like it might be too late. I know that when you get too many VERO violations they will suspend your account. Worse case they check you out and they still suspend you. Then follow the advice in this forum. I have recently successfully set up my stealth account and successfully selling again. It's quite sad they treat their customers like this. No matter how long you have been a seller. I had my account since 1999 and it's just unbelievable that you are just another account that is easily replaced. Good luck to you.
The Following User Says Thank You to lasvegas68 For This Useful Post:
Marie170 (11-28-2013)
Old 05-22-2009
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by vzg View Post
I have an ebay account & a paypal account which were established in 2000. I started selling a lot more than usual this last month and have had about $14,000 in sales in the last month. Some of the items I'm selling are brand name so I've been hit with Vero a few times and some takedowns initiated by competitors. I have approximately 15 takedowns in the last month on my ebay account & have a 100% feedback rating.

Today paypal called me & interrogated me as to the nature of my business, etc essentially determining risk.

He said it sounded good & that I was all set, but when I logged into paypal a couple hours later, I got a warning that payapl needed me to go througha credit check (after 9 years with them). When I called paypal the guy told me that the other guy had done that. I asked for the supervisor. She said that she could remove it but that it would automatically go right back on so she wouldn't do it.

She ended up kissing my ass a lot but in the end said I had to do it or my account would be limited in 30 days.

So here is my question. Do I do the credit check? Everything would check out fine with the check, but I had another round of vero bs today after the credit check stuff came up (unrelated believe it or not) so I'm not sure if they're going to limit my ebay soon or not.

Advice needed: Do I do the credit check?
Hmm, tricky tricky..

When I had this done the items I were selling wasn't an issue... but the items you're selling can get your eBay account shut down and your PayPal account.

If I were you I would stop selling the items that get you VeRO hits with this account, move those off to a secondary eBay account. And then do the verification. You don't want to get limited by eBay, which limits your PayPal account just because of VeRO.

VeRO is going to kill your accounts if you keep things up.
Old 05-22-2009
Threadstarter  

ok thanks, I appreciate the response.