Paypal Limitation - "Recent Changes Exiting Funds" - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 10-18-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
Default Paypal Limitation - "Recent Changes Exiting Funds"

I've had limitations in the past and have had some success getting reinstated, however this one is a bit different. Here is the email that I received, and below the email I will explain the sitation:

Dear XXXXXXXXXXXX,

Your PayPal account has been limited because we've noticed recent changes in the way you are exiting funds from your PayPal account. As your payment processor, we need to better understand these changes and how they relate to your sales.

What does this mean?

This account limitation will affect your ability to:

send money
withdraw money

Additionally, you cannot:
remove any bank accounts
remove credit cards
close your account

What to do next

Please log in to your PayPal account and visit the Resolution Center before December 1, 2017 to provide the requested information. If we don't receive this information before December 1, 2017 or we notice additional significant changes in your account activity, your account access may be further limited.

Once we receive and review your documentation, we will email you regarding the status of your account.

Now, as I said, this one is a bit different than limitations I've received before. The reason they give for this is "recent changes in the way you are exiting funds from your PayPal account". The only thing that I have done since the beginning of this account is withdraw to bank account. I have NEVER sent one single payment from this account to any other account. I have NEVER sent money to myself from any other account to this one. The only payments I've received are from actual buyers. And I have always withdrawn to bank account when funds were there. Therefore, I don't know why they say there are recent changes in the way I am exiting funds.

Now, nearly all of my payments have been from ebay sales. I've never had any issues with buyers on this account. All items have always been shipped next day after payment was received, and delivered on time, etc. Within the past week, I have sold some items where the payment has been sent directly on paypal....these were not ebay items. The payments came through fine, no holds or anything and I have made withdrawals without issue. Well, until this most recent withdrawal that I made. It was pending about 43 hours and then my account got limited (and of course the withdrawal was "reversed").

The payments I received this past week were from different buyers, totaling about $1300. I shipped out all items the next day after payment was made, and all have already been delivered. Signature confirmation was put on each package as well. There have been no issues with the buyers.

Paypal is asking for a few things...proof of delivery for only ONE of those transactions. I uploaded the tracking info already and now that is showing as "complete" and "under review". The other thing was they wanted "supplier info" OR "provide invoices". They did not specify for which transaction, so I assumed it was for the one they wanted tracking info for...so I gave supplier info. I've had the items for YEARS and they are the same types of items that I have been selling...no longer have original invoices from when I bought them. So I gave the supplier info and now that shows "complete" and "under review". Next thing they want is drivers license....I can probably take care of that fairly easy. Lastly, they want me to input SSN or provide proof of SSN. Absolutely not going to happen.

So, with all of that said....am I doomed if I don't provide SSN? And I am still baffled on what this change in exiting funds is. Maybe I made too large of a withdrawal right after getting the payments? That's really the only thing I can think of. AGAIN, all items were shipped already and delivered. Signed for by each buyer. They only wanted "proof of delivery" for one of the transactions, so I assume that is the transaction in question. Anyone have any ideas on what this change in exiting funds could be? Too large of a withdrawal? Didn't wait long enough before withdrawing? I don't know.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-18-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 62%
Default Re: Paypal Limitation - "Recent Changes Exiting Funds"

When you withdrew did you get that error message 24 hr or 72 hr message like in the other thread?
Old 10-18-2017
Threadstarter  

What other thread?

I didn't get any type of error. My withdrawals usually take 24 hours on the dot. Sometimes it has taken 72 hours. After my latest withdrawal didn't show "completed" after 24 hours, I figured it would be 72. However, after about 43 hours I got limited and the withdrawal "reversed"...funds are still in my paypal account.
Old 10-18-2017
Executive [VIP]

Yea, PP has been undergoing some changes since August, a lot of accounts been hit with limitations and bank withdrawals. I've had quite a few limited...dammit.

I think the recent delay in transfers, the error message saying your transfer has been delayed, some messages include 24-72 hours. I got the 72 hr message, I'm guessing it's Paypal's added security measures.

Here's the thread I'm talking about w/ regards to the transfer delay messages:

https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal...r-delayed.html
Old 10-18-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by glacier922 View Post
Yea, PP has been undergoing some changes since August, a lot of accounts been hit with limitations and bank withdrawals. I've had quite a few limited...dammit.

I think the recent delay in transfers, the error message saying your transfer has been delayed, some messages include 24-72 hours. I got the 72 hr message, I'm guessing it's Paypal's added security measures.

Here's the thread I'm talking about w/ regards to the transfer delay messages:

https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal...r-delayed.html
No, I didn't get any message like that. Honestly, the withdrawal time isn't a concern of mine here. It's the fact that they said there has been a change in how I am "exiting funds" and limited my account due to that reasoning. When I have done nothing different to get my funds out, aside from withdrawal amounts. Just not sure if I can get around the SSN requirement or what....strange that they are telling me to provide that when I am nowhere near the 200/20k mark. This account has been around since January of this year, so it's past the 90 days and all that.
Old 10-18-2017
Executive [VIP]

I'm just saying that there has been changes on paypal's end since august, gave me TONS of problems. Your problem could be part of that update since at least August, when a lot of the problems started showing.
Old 10-18-2017

Longevity: 56%

how long/many days after your last sale you withdraw to your bank? and how many days it's been since the withdraw you made before this one?
Old 10-18-2017
Threadstarter  

I had two sales on Saturday EARLY AM (around 2:30am), withdrew Sunday night (around 7:30pm). The previous withdrawal was 3 days before that. It took 72hrs to complete, and then after it completed, I made that last withdrawal.
Old 10-18-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 6%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

I have no idea what triggered your limitation - but I think you might as well call in and ask for clarification. I don't see any way for you to get around the SSN request without making something up which would later cause more problems.
Old 10-18-2017

Longevity: 42%

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfebay View Post
I had two sales on Saturday EARLY AM (around 2:30am), withdrew Sunday night (around 7:30pm). The previous withdrawal was 3 days before that. It took 72hrs to complete, and then after it completed, I made that last withdrawal.
WAY too fast to withdraw safely. This is why I think you got limited. You should wait at least 2-3 weeks from payment received to withdraw unless you have highly aged account
Old 10-18-2017
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman420 View Post
WAY too fast to withdraw safely. This is why I think you got limited. You should wait at least 2-3 weeks from payment received to withdraw unless you have highly aged account
I guess those are good guidelines but that's not a fact. What kind of business can maintain inventory with such a slow cash flow? I do daily withdrawals on all my new accounts and have never seen, or even heard of this kind of limitation. OP said the acct is 10mo's old so it's out of the "probationary" period.

I think it's related to your account activity but I don't think it's because you withdrew too quickly. Has the account ever been in the negative, had chargebacks, or a bunch of claims?

Who the h*ll even says "exiting money?" I wonder why it doesn't say this on the limitation page:
send money
exit money

We could spitball for the next year and get no closer to an actual answer. You'll have to call PP to find out what you did wrong. Maybe your bank said something to PP about mismatched deposits?
Old 10-18-2017

Longevity: 38%

Call em up and ask what's different about it, since you do the same thing over and over and over.
The Following User Says Thank You to ebaystealth1974 For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (10-18-2017)
Old 10-26-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
I guess those are good guidelines but that's not a fact. What kind of business can maintain inventory with such a slow cash flow? I do daily withdrawals on all my new accounts and have never seen, or even heard of this kind of limitation. OP said the acct is 10mo's old so it's out of the "probationary" period.

I think it's related to your account activity but I don't think it's because you withdrew too quickly. Has the account ever been in the negative, had chargebacks, or a bunch of claims?

Who the h*ll even says "exiting money?" I wonder why it doesn't say this on the limitation page:
send money
exit money

We could spitball for the next year and get no closer to an actual answer. You'll have to call PP to find out what you did wrong. Maybe your bank said something to PP about mismatched deposits?
I actually resolved this issue the very next morning...forgot to update this thread. They wanted tracking numbers, which were already uploaded right after I shipped. They wanted "supplier info" or "invoices"...gave it to them. They wanted ID...gave it to them right before calling in. They wanted SSN...never put it into the system. I called and the chick didn't even give me time to say much, and went right into "checking the account". I was on hold for 8 minutes. She came back and said account was restored and tried getting off of the phone. I stopped her and asked what caused the limitation and was told that it was a "security measure" to make sure I had the items I was selling. OK, I've been selling the same thing since January with no issues. Funny how they asked for tracking info only on ONE sale on the limitation page. I suspect it all had something to do with that one transaction. Whatever the case, my account was reinstated and I kept on truckin.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wtfebay For This Useful Post:
ebaystealth1974 (10-26-2017), glacier922 (10-31-2017), phaz0rz (10-26-2017)
Old 10-26-2017

Longevity: 38%

Good to hear. Keep on keepin on!
Old 10-26-2017
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,563 Times in 2,214 Posts
Activity: 70%
Longevity: 91%

Oh man! Happy for you there!

Always glad to hear some good news in this industry...
Old 11-03-2017
Threadstarter  

That was short lived...got the account reinstated, and then a couple days ago hell broke loose. Asked for invoices for certain transactions...I called them and provided. Was missing one so I had to upload it and call back. When I called back, I got a mf'er on the line and account took a sh*t. Now permanently limited for 180 days with a bit over 1000 in it. Just because your account is reinstated doesn't mean they won't turn right around and limit you again!
Old 11-03-2017
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 39%

Quote:
That was short lived...got the account reinstated, and then a couple days ago hell broke loose. Asked for invoices for certain transactions...I called them and provided. Was missing one so I had to upload it and call back. When I called back, I got a mf'er on the line and account took a sh*t. Now permanently limited for 180 days with a bit over 1000 in it. Just because your account is reinstated doesn't mean they won't turn right around and limit you again!
Why did they permanently limit your account?
Old 11-03-2017
Threadstarter  

They didn't like the transaction amounts....said they were "high risk". Funny seeing how the account was well established and a year old and has had payments higher than I've recently received.
Old 11-03-2017

Longevity: 42%

Quote:
They didn't like the transaction amounts....said they were "high risk". Funny seeing how the account was well established and a year old and has had payments higher than I've recently received.
No account is 'safe' ever. Act accordingly. This isn't a bank account, it is a payment account that can be shut down on any whim that a reviewer in the Phillipines feels may breach the PP TOS or AUP.
The Following User Says Thank You to BaggaDonuts For This Useful Post:
ebaystealth1974 (11-04-2017)
Old 11-04-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaggaDonuts View Post
No account is 'safe' ever. Act accordingly. This isn't a bank account, it is a payment account that can be shut down on any whim that a reviewer in the Phillipines feels may breach the PP TOS or AUP.
Bank accounts are just as fragile - trust me.
Old 11-04-2017
Threadstarter  

It's funny because I wasn't breaking any policies. All items have been delivered, signed for, and I've never had a single dispute come up. I know people have had success before getting reinstated after a "permanent limitation" but I'm not sure how to go about it, or if it's even worth trying.
Old 11-05-2017
Banned

Longevity: 65%

Quote:
It's funny because I wasn't breaking any policies. All items have been delivered, signed for, and I've never had a single dispute come up. I know people have had success before getting reinstated after a "permanent limitation" but I'm not sure how to go about it, or if it's even worth trying.
all parta the game... PERM limit means its over...
move on...