New Account - Use Mobile Hotspot Created IP? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 10-20-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 37%
Default New Account - Use Mobile Hotspot Created IP?

I know there is a lot of talk about VPS and legit VPN etc., etc., but how about opening and using a new Paypal account (old one suspended permanently) on say, a tablet using a mobile hotspot created IP, which I have checked and I have no had before?

I assume with most of Paypal's automated system, they will only check the actual IP number and not try to trace the #'s cell phone account and then the name and address and phone # to my suspended account right?

Seems like this is the easiest way for me to operate Paypal for now... will be a little more of a hassle to use eBay on a tablet but I can use another laptop I guess and use the same hotspot IP.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-20-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: New Account - Use Mobile Hotspot Created IP?

That is fine so long as the APP is not installed
Old 10-20-2017
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 57%
Longevity: 91%

That works as long as it's an IP you haven't used before.

But like James said, don't install the app and make sure that you use 1 browser / their desktop version of the website to do it.

I also highly recommend you read the stealth guide on this. This guide is the foundation of all ebay and PP>
Old 10-20-2017
Banned

Longevity: 52%

Make sure new everything and no previously used info
How to clean photos
Best image resizer
Old 10-20-2017
Threadstarter  

Thank guys, yes I have been through I HOPE all the checklist:
  • Brand new checking account with never used bank
  • New email
  • Never used my tablet/other laptop for any Paypal before so...

The only concern I have is that when I reboot my phone or come in and out of airplane mode, it changes the IP. I am with Google Fi. I heard that if the phone company, like some cheap single use out there, uses a proxy for their cell service, Paypal/eBay dont like proxies, so I may be in trouble.

I have sent Fi a message on this but no reply yet.

Is this legit or do I have nothing to worry about?

I dont know if the eBay/PP engine simply detects ANY change in IP from time to time, or if it only nails people who use changing IP on an hourly or much more rapid basis per login or from their blacklist. For the latter, I assume NO Google IP should be on their blacklist, but I am just afraid that if I login once every week and the IP is different each time, will I be flagged?

And also I do have a different address and a virtual phone # I can use from an app, but I am hoping that will not be an issue regardless?
Old 10-20-2017
Threadstarter  

My concern for the mobile tethering ISP is from this info that I found:

Lately with some third party cellular carriers such as Straight Talk, there are two potential issues coming up when using cellular based ISP:

1) Sometimes, the cellular based ISP is a proxy type ISP, such as, for example Straight Talk is currently using Syniverse Technologies, LLC. The effect of using such a proxy with Ebay or PayPal is unknown – generally whenever you use a proxy with Ebay/PayPal you get shut down – quickly.
a. In other words – even though you are using a cellular based ISP, your internet is being routed somehow, with some carriers such as Straight Talk, through a proxy.
b. Be careful – because Ebay does not like most proxies.

2) When your cellular carrier IS routing your data via a proxy such as Syniverse Technologies, LLC, your IP address may CHANGE every few minutes! which is pretty scary for our purposes because we want to avoid getting linked to other accounts. Generally with Syniverse your first six to nine digits of the ISP remain the same for the duration of your login, but the last three digits seem to change constantly[/CODE]
Old 10-20-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMASTERJ View Post
Lately with some third party cellular carriers such as Straight Talk, there are two potential issues coming up when using cellular based ISP:

1)Sometimes, the cellular based ISP is a proxy type ISP, such as, for example Straight Talk is currently using Syniverse Technologies, LLC. The effect of using such a proxy with Ebay or PayPal is unknown – generally whenever you use a proxy with Ebay/PayPal you get shut down – quickly.
So let me put your mind at ease.....ask yourself this, Can any Joe off the street pay for this companies services? No.....also, not all Proxies are created equal, a lot of of them are abused but many remain untouched and not on ebays radar.

Quote:
2)When your cellular carrier IS routing your data via a proxy such as Syniverse Technologies, LLC, your IP address may CHANGE every few minutes!
An IP change during a session on ebay's website isn't going to destroy an account.