My customer's PayPal was limited because he sent me a payment, HELP! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 04-21-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 34%
Default My customer's PayPal was limited because he sent me a payment, HELP!

Here is the story.

I am a wholesaler and I have customers pay me via my PayPal accounts (2) for over two years with no problem.

Recently, I've asked one of my customer to send me a payment via Friends&Family to one of my new opened PayPal account. Somehow, his account was restricted right after. PayPal has listed Medium impact on his account and asked for all kind of proofs including Bank statement, confirm identity, update security info and provide information on the account activity for the transaction he's sent me.

At the same time, I had another Friends&Family payment from my another customer which had no issue at all.

What would he need to do to remove the account restriction without any impact and also will it affect my new opened PayPal account? I did not have any eBay linked to this PayPal but was planning to open a new eBay with this PayPal.

He has never sent any payment via Friends&Family and that must be the red flag for PayPal.

I would not want to have any limitation happen to his account since he is one of my best customers. He has been using his PayPal account for years without any issue.

I would appreciate with any helps possible if you can shed some light on resolve this issue.

Best,
Kim
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-22-2018

Activity: 21%
Longevity: 40%
Default Re: My customer's PayPal was limited because he sent me a payment, HELP!

Well it's not a stealth account ? so he just needs to follow paypals email and provide the info requested, hardly a difficult one as they appear to only want confirmation from him.
Old 04-22-2018

Longevity: 37%
Default Re: My customer's PayPal was limited because he sent me a payment, HELP!

Sounds like a possible victim of the new TOS update of theirs. You can supposedly no longer send money/make payments if they haven't verified your identifying information.

Let us know what you find out!
Old 04-22-2018
Threadstarter  

My customer had his PayPal for over 10 years and he used it to pay his vendors all the time with invoices. I was helping him to save some fees and it was surprising how PayPal came down on him.
Old 04-22-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmckim View Post
My customer had his PayPal for over 10 years and he used it to pay his vendors all the time with invoices.
That doesn't really mean anything in regards to that which I am speaking.
Old 04-22-2018

Longevity: 72%

A: Friends & Family payments are a fast and easy way to get limited or suspended. As he discovered. You keep getting these F&F payments and you'll be next. They've probably already flagged you for taking F&F from him, and are watching what you do. Make this payment behavior stop. Now. Or you're doomed.

B. This isn't your problem. Tell him to follow the instructions PP sent him and butt the heck out of this. Anything you say creates liability for YOU. This guy could turn on you in a heartbeat, so don't get involved.
Old 04-22-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forum OP - all the best as you master stealth

Lot of wise info coming out in this thread - try to avoid duplicate postings as evidenced here:

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-...till-safe.html
Old 04-22-2018
Threadstarter  

Thanks all for valuable advice and sorry for the duplicate posting. First time here, not 100% familiar with the rules and will do better next time.

PayPal put a 30k hold on my first legit business PayPal account for 180 days few years ago. It was tough with business which funds were limited. They eventually paid me back with all the hold money after 180 days. I registered 3rd business PayPal account but was afraid that PayPal will do the same to this new account if I have any customer pay me in a big $$$ amount. I don't have any eBay link to it and looks like I should not have any eBay account link to it after this anyway.

Last edited by cmckim; 04-22-2018 at 11:11 PM.
Old 04-22-2018
Banned

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaystealth1974 View Post
Sounds like a possible victim of the new TOS update of theirs. You can supposedly no longer send money/make payments if they haven't verified your identifying information.

Let us know what you find out!
Just plain wrong, he was able to send money in the first place...
How to clean photos
Best image resizer
Old 04-23-2018

Damnit... just got corrected by empirestate. Time to log off this site forever, now!
Old 04-23-2018
Threadstarter  

My customer sent all required documents and it is under review now.
Old 04-23-2018
Banned

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaystealth1974 View Post
Damnit... just got corrected by empirestate. Time to log off this site forever, now!
Think before you type something people...
How to clean photos
Best image resizer
Old 04-23-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by empirestate View Post
Think before you type something people...

Annoyance
Clearly, someone has hacked your account.
Old 04-23-2018

Longevity: 72%

Don't play coy. You were trying to circumvent paying fees and so was he. He's probably finished if he's done this a lot.

Stop encouraging this or you'll be next.

Always dance with the one that brought you to the party or don't go at all.
The Following User Says Thank You to dallis For This Useful Post:
ebaystealth1974 (04-23-2018)
Old 04-23-2018
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,536 Times in 2,190 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%

the Friend's & Family part is what got him flagged.

The only chance he has is just give PP whatever they need and hope for the best.

If he hasn't already, tell him to come here and get the eBay Stealth and start new.
Old 10-23-2018
Threadstarter  

My customer and my PP were restored after all. I got a warning due to something else I did in the past. All good now. I don't think the Friend's and Family part is that bad but you have to know what you are doing after all and be real. Don't send money between your stealth accounts and it will be flagged and you can't explain to them. PP is more reasonable than most other channels as long as you can provide documents they asked and explain why you did it.
Old 10-23-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmckim View Post
My customer and my PP were restored after all. I got a warning due to something else I did in the past. All good now. I don't think the Friend's and Family part is that bad but you have to know what you are doing after all and be real. Don't send money between your stealth accounts and it will be flagged and you can't explain to them. PP is more reasonable than most other channels as long as you can provide documents they asked and explain why you did it.
More reasonable - interesting concept all depends on the situation