How to lift account limitation for digital goods the right way? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 02-16-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 24%
Default How to lift account limitation for digital goods the right way?

Hi,

I’m selling access to a digital membership area about marketing.

Now, PP is asking for
  • Upload a photo ID
  • Provide your business information
  • Provide information on account activity
  • Provide proof of fulfillment
  • Provide purchase receipt from your supplier

1. My questions are?
Which business category is recommended to chose? I suppose that each category is evaluated with a different risk potential by PP. And still it must fit the overall business.

2. My proof of fulfillment would be screenshots from the buyer’s data like names, transaction date, etc. as well as their last used ip addresses and last access time to the membership area.

At least I win “Item not received” claims with those screenshots. But is it also enough for PPs manual review?

3. As everything is digital, there are no suppliers. Can I just explain to PP that?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-16-2020
Banned

Default Re: How to lift account limitation for digital goods the right way?

This depends on how you explain to paypal your business.
What kind of Digital Mermeship Marketing was that?
You can explain to paypal that you are offering SERVICES and not products. In this way, you can get away from the Proof of Fulfillment requirement. But with that, you have to provide proofs from your customers of the services being successfully delivered/rendered.
Now would those screenshots work? Unfortunately, no, they don't accept those kinds of proof. You have to confirm it thru buyers paypal transaction details.
Old 02-16-2020
Banned

1. Choose the one that fit to the 'services' you are offering, if it's about marketing, consultation, etc.
2. Those screenshots won't work. You have to tell your customers to 'confirm' the delivery thru their paypal. There's like an option to confirm the delivery of the services on the buyer's side.
3. No suppliers since you are offering services. That's totally fine and legal to paypal TOS.
Old 02-16-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourstealths View Post
What kind of Digital Mermeship Marketing was that?
It's a video training course about marketing research, finding the right audience, creating PPC ads, etc.

Quote:
You have to confirm it thru buyers paypal transaction
I'm using a simple wordpress plugin for the membership area with integrated PayPal button support. Means that when a customer purchases the product then the system tracks all their data like name, email, address, transaction ID, price, last login, username etc.

Isn't that enough proof for them?

I'd actually call PP and ask but because of the coronavirus the phone support isn't available here at the moment.

Quote:
you have to provide proofs from your customers of the services being successfully delivered/rendered.
From my experience customers absolutely don't care if you ask them to do something. They just ignore it.
Old 02-16-2020
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revale View Post
It's a video training course about marketing research, finding the right audience, creating PPC ads, etc.
I believe you haven't violated paypal's TOS on this.
So yes, you have higher chance of getting this restored.
Just explain it to paypal accordingly.

Quote:
I'm using a simple wordpress plugin for the membership area with integrated PayPal button support. Means that when a customer purchases the product then the system tracks all their data like name, email, address, transaction ID, price, last login, username etc.

Isn't that enough proof for them?

I'd actually call PP and ask but because of the coronavirus the phone support isn't available here at the moment.
You can send them the screenshot of you how you deliver/render your services.
I believe you have a dashboard or control panel with those customers you've sent their items?

Quote:
From my experience customers absolutely don't care if you ask them to do something. They just ignore it.
THis is great! Then you should tell them to do that. Let them confirm, that they received the services you've offered to them. That will really help in the manual review.
Old 02-16-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
THis is great! Then you should tell them to do that. Let them confirm, that they received the services you've offered to them. That will really help in the manual review.
That was a misunderstanding. I mean they don't do it (in most cases).

Quote:
I believe you have a dashboard or control panel with those customers you've sent their items?
Yes, there's some kind of dashboard. A bit confusing though. I'd just send the same information which I usually send to win the "Item or service not received" cases as in the picture below. I hope that's enough to proof the fulfillment.

https://gyazo.com/fbc6f4ea564fde7a8475b20a1998992e
Old 02-16-2020
Banned

^ I see that paypal accepted your 'tracking info proof' then i believe that should be a good indication.
But mind you, every rep has different judgement on such case. Some may accept that, some may not and ask you for further proof.
Anyways, good luck on this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kharz For This Useful Post:
Revale (02-16-2020)
Old 02-16-2020

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

first pass will be the Paypal bots,and they will look for online viewable tracking from a commercial carrier ,so you will fail,then you appeal and a Paypal rep will look into it,
Depends on which side of the bed he get up and if there is a full moon and his wife does not yell at him,he could approve or deny your appeal
The Following User Says Thank You to agent006140 For This Useful Post:
Kharz (02-16-2020)
Old 02-16-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
Depends on which side of the bed he get up and if there is a full moon and his wife does not yell at him,he could approve or deny your appeal
Ha ha.. good explanation. It's the same with Facebook ads. You get your shut down accounts back depending on the reviewer's mood.

What I also hate about PayPal (and Facebook) is the uselessnes of the support team. In both companies the support (in most cases) just tells you exactly the same thing that you can read already on the screen.

And when you ask why this or that problem exists then it's always "the system". People seem to be as smart as the computer algorithm they are working for.