If 2007 PayPal account still need to start slowly? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 10-09-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 84%
Default If 2007 PayPal account still need to start slowly?

I know if you register a new PayPal, you have to start slowly with small amount money inflow, otherwise it will be limited pretty soon. I got two PayPal accounts limited like this. I'm now wondering if a 2007 registered PayPal account without any transaction history still need to follow this rule, if I start with $100-300/deal money inflow speed on this account, will it be limited by PayPal at the first beginning? Any experience sharing or advice?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-09-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Yes, to a degree. paypal still 'looks' at accounts & limits them regardless of age. One from 2007 might work. Points to consider are the items you are selling and are you 100% sure that the account has had no association with a suspended ebay account? If that last bit is fine, then you have a usable account. You must make sure you have your password, secret questions, working phone number. Highly probable on your first transaction, paypal will limit you because they think the account has been hacked. They limit you to protect you.LOL. Ensure that the account is fully verified before you list anything to sell as well.
Old 10-10-2009
Threadstarter  

Thanks GreenBean.

Actually, I bought this account from someone else. This account seems no problem. I checked the email, it was registered and verified in 2007, and there is no any transaction record in history since its registeration. I have changed PayPal email, password, answers to the security questions. I am wondering if I add a bank account and make it primary, and then remove the original verified bank account, will it cause any problem?
Old 10-10-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

Don't be convinced that the account is in the clear yet. They've been known to flag those for suspicious activity. They observe while transactions begin to take place. Then they put the freeze on it when you try to move money around.

Take yourself out of your own shoes for a moment and place yourself on the other side of the equation. Think.
Old 10-10-2009
Threadstarter  

I have checked the transaction history from 01/2007 to present, there is no records, and when i got this paypal account, it was a personal account just for buying. Does it mean this paypal has not been used for any selling activities? Anyway, I will start slowly just in case.
Old 10-10-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Follow vicvelcro's suggestions carefully. In the eyes of paypal it's a newly active account that was made some years ago. Know what paypal might do and be proactive in beating them
Old 10-10-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

Re #5:

Transaction history only goes back 30 or 60 days from your main page. I believe it only goes back a max of 18 months on very old accounts when viewed from the account details page. Newer accounts may only go back a year.

Seriously, treat it like any other brand new account that was recently made. Age doesn't mean squat, really. Recent performance is pretty much all that counts, unless you'd been continually running the account since way back when. Older accounts that were put away for extended periods of time then brought back into service generally are treated with ZERO seniority, with only minor details like merchant account eligibility advantages. Sometimes, dragging an old account out of mothballs will look suspicious to them. Depends on too many factors.

Until you can empathize with the enemy and see with his eyes, make no assumptions.

If you are in this for the profit, don't try to cheat it like you are playing a game. Focus on the bottom line. Sell your stuff, collect your loot, lather, rinse, repeat ad nauseum. There is no profit to be made wasting time making guesses that don't accomplish anything substantial.

Get your business going. There's no reason to consider the finer details of trickery if you have nothing in motion.