PayPal permanently limited - selling on Depop - using another account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 05-07-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 17%
Unhappy PayPal permanently limited - selling on Depop - using another account

First of all I apologize if this has already been asked but after reading a lot of posts both from other sites and here I couldn't find anything exactly like my situation so here goes. Any advice is appreciated, messages welcome etc.

Okay so my PayPal account was recently banned. Almost a month ago, I had been using it mainly for purchases up until that point with no problems. I switched to a business account when I started selling on Ebay and Depop. Within a few weeks I had a message from someone telling me their payment wasn't going through on Depop when trying to buy something from me. I went to go check it out and that's when I found the "you can not use Paypal anymore" email. No idea why. have been ringing a lot and finally got an answer that it was because I had a lot of declined purchase transactions. Whether or not this is the truth or not doesn't change the fact that I cannot use paypal anymore. Was advised by two CS to create a new account but from many many hours reading through forums etc I am under the impression this is not an option and my new account will eventually be banned too.

Anyway, my Depop and Ebay shop are still open. I have since disconnected my PP and have temporarily stopped selling on Ebay as I used Depop more anyway. (Also having trouble paying my Ebay fees for whatever reason but that's another problem) So anyway, after I couldn't take a payment through my PP account I disconnected it from Depop and connected a family members account and have been taking payments through there over the last week or so on the SAME depop account. Until I can either figure out some way to create a new PP without getting banned or my partner who lives at a different address has offered for me to use their PP for taking payments as they rarely use the account.

So my main questions are:
Did I make a mistake connecting my family members PP to Depop and are they likely to be banned too? Can I stop this happening if I disconnect their PP?
Will my Depop eventually get banned for previously being connected to a perma limited account?
If I were to accept my partners offer on using their PP to take payments through Depop, is it safe to connect to the same Depop through their device, different IP and all that? Or would I have to create a new shop (I really would rather not)
Am I better off leaving Depop and Ebay, moving to Etsy and not accepting PP payments? (Inconvenient)
Should I wait a period of time before doing anything at all?
Is creating a new PayPal even an option for me? Say for example in the future when I moved address, different device, IP, card etc. Would this be able to work?
I've heard of stealth accounts but would really only like to do this as an absolute last resort.

I can't think of anything else at the moment I need to ask but if I do I will update. Also if there is something else I'm missing please point it out to me.

Thank you for reading and I will be so thankful for any advice!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-05-2022

Longevity: 8%
Default Re: PayPal permanently limited - selling on Depop - using another account

Did having PayPal limited affect your Depop account?
Old 12-07-2022

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%
Default Re: PayPal permanently limited - selling on Depop - using another account

Paypal has your DEPOP account,any PAYPAL ACCOUNT linked to this DEPOP account would alert Paypal it is you AGAIN !
I would not risk other people paypal account.
Have you look into APPLE PAY,GOOGLE Pay or even MP account,off hand I CAN T recall the company which manages MP on Ebay,but you can open an account,may cost you mucho tho
AMZN one click is also available if you want to pay 10-12%
Old 12-08-2022
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Seems like all linked up OP - you need to have fresh accounts going if you want to operate a la stealth
Old 12-08-2022

Longevity: 9%

Took a year and a half but the OP finally got his answer XD
Old 12-08-2022
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 55%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryatebay View Post
Took a year and a half but the OP finally got his answer XD
LOL that's so true!

Time to close the thread
Old 12-11-2022
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
LOL that's so true!

Time to close the thread
Sunday chuckles