So Here's PayPal's Reply To My BBB Claim - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 07-11-2022

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 13%
Default So Here's PayPal's Reply To My BBB Claim

PayPal replied to my BBB claim the other day, I thought I'd add it here to seek advice on how to handle this. To put it in context, I filed a BBB claim (I added the claim below) and I insert paypal's PDF response below my claim. (I edited the name and private info on the PDF for privacy)

My claim

PayPal Stole $2,428.23 USD from my paypal balance On November 4, 2020 at 11:36:44 AM PST Transaction ID: 4UD07842RN364125J My account was drained all the way to zero with no explanation or notification behind the transfer of funds. How is this even legal. First they limit my account, tell me I have to wait 6 months before I can access my own funds and then they still the money all without explanation or reason. They tend to email you notifications WHEN EVER there's account activity under the name of "Security" and "Protection". Why was there no mention of a transfer this time? They have ignored my numerous attempts to email support, and when I ever I did get a response which is rare it's the same generic clipped response that they send to all limited accounts.

PayPal's Response

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OSV...ew?usp=sharing

P.s. Zantac is a on the shelf supplement for heartburn and digestion. They recently had to recall there item's, but are now back on the shelf selling just as normal.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-11-2022
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,551 Times in 2,204 Posts
Activity: 50%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: So Here's PayPal's Reply To My BBB Claim

Can't you just copy paste their responses?

Some of us don't like clicking on outside links.
Old 07-11-2022
Threadstarter  

I thought about that, but it's a pretty lengthy reply. Studies show you are more likely to engage in my post if it's less text involved.
Anyway I found a very informative reply from someone who took them to court, won and has no NDA. With Pics. Stuff like this gives me hope.

Old 07-11-2022

Thanked 1,108 Times in 1,044 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

Paypal already told you why-
"you may not use the PayPal service for
activities that . . . violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation [or that] relate to transactions involving
. . . narcotics, steroids, certain controlled substances or other products that present a risk to consumer
-----
ZANTAC contains Raniitidine
which venue did you use to sell your Zantac?
Old 07-11-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
Paypal already told you why-
"you may not use the PayPal service for
activities that . . . violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation [or that] relate to transactions involving
. . . narcotics, steroids, certain controlled substances or other products that present a risk to consumer
-----
ZANTAC contains Raniitidine
which venue did you use to sell your Zantac?
First of all, I never asked "why"? So Why did you start that way. Secondly I sold on ebay the same place where it was and still is being sold. Thirdly thats the reason why I was limited, it may be the reason for the AUP which case they are still wrong.
Old 07-11-2022
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

Geez, PayPal's reply is really buttoned up.

What did the guy do that actually won from PayPal?
Old 07-11-2022
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,551 Times in 2,204 Posts
Activity: 50%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justchill View Post
I thought about that, but it's a pretty lengthy reply. Studies show you are more likely to engage in my post if it's less text involved.
Anyway I found a very informative reply from someone who took them to court, won and has no NDA. With Pics. Stuff like this gives me hope.

Oh wow... not even a class action suit, he just straight up took them to small claims...
Old 07-12-2022

P.s. Zantac is a on the shelf supplement for heartburn and digestion. They recently had to recall there item's, but are now back on the shelf selling just as normal.
-----------
Zantac is OTC ,you can buy it at Walgreen ,KR,WMY stores,but they are not using Paypal to accept payments.
Go to Ebay seller forum,you may get a better answer on ZANTAC & Paypal
Old 07-12-2022

Longevity: 70%

keep pushing and escalating this until they return your funds. I have never heard of a PayPal account where funds were taken for "damages" claimed by PayPal, regardless of what may be written in their terms when you signup.

This may not be legal for them to do so, just because something is written in a policy you agreed to does not make it legal or binding if it goes against financial laws in your state.

Well at least it's only $2,500 while its still a good chunk, its nothing you can't get back from them in other ways... life goes on.
Old 07-12-2022

Paypal has told him why ,read the letter from Paypal,
It is not a good idea to sell drug,OTC or prescribed
Old 07-13-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
Geez, PayPal's reply is really buttoned up.

What did the guy do that actually won from PayPal?
Yes, paypals response is well suited however I cant agree that a $2,500 charge per every $75 sell I made is just. I had 12x Zantac sales, roughly $900 in revenue, according to paypal they see it fit to drain (12 x $2,500 = $30,000) if I had this much sitting in my account. It can be handled, I just need to learn how to proceed with court filings when it comes to stealth accounts.

Below is the response copy and pasted of the guy who won against paypal.

NO NDA Over Here. People in the USA review your states money transmitter laws most are on your side not pay pal. Pay Pal is a licensed money transmitter in all states. You can write a letter (send it certified mail with signature) demand your money and a response for reason held per your states money transmitter rules to the registered agent on the money transmitter license. Generally the same registered agent as the cooperate registered agent. You get that info from your secretary of state 99% the time it is free info. The registered agent is the same place you will serve pay pal in your state with the filed small claims summons. Check out your small claims venue rules most accept we did business here in x county/city as proper venue some do not. Some states allow removal to higher court (Removal is a Bad Thing) some do not. Again check your local and state court rules. Some states allow paraprofessionals some do not. It is a lot of prep/study work but if you prepare you will succeed. Also never threaten anyone with a law suit just do it! Threatening a poor call center person is useless and will not get you anywhere. Also search your state court records for Pay Pal you will be surprised at the filings.

Last edited by Justchill; 07-13-2022 at 12:38 AM.
Old 07-13-2022
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,935 Times in 8,226 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
Paypal has told him why ,read the letter from Paypal,
It is not a good idea to sell drug,OTC or prescribed
Knowing that it is high risk
Old 08-10-2022