Weird one - perm paypal suspension - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 08-12-2023

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 59%
Default Weird one - perm paypal suspension

Long story short, I paid 5 figures for a service that could not completed on time by the seller, the funds on his account have been withdrawn/spent, that bank of his has been shut down due to too many high valued payments coming in (supposedly). This means he can't use a funding source to add (his account is perma suspended).

Weirdly enough, my account got perma suspended 2 days after his account? I've had 1 previous dispute on my paypal account for an item not described case, but the seller is cooperating here, however paypal perm suspended me?

I've opened the 2 cases, wouldn't allow me to send a large amount first, so I broke it into 2. Anyhow, the seller responded to the case saying he could not complete the service (I have his full personal info) so he wouldn't dare scam + used him before a while back on a freelance site for some work. PayPal are being asses and telling me to wait whilst it's under review but wtf are they reviewing if the seller accepts he can't complete the service on time.

Only 1 case out of the 2 cases shows up on his end as well, perhaps because one is quite small vs the other? He showed me proof on teamviewer...

I am just baffled to say the least, how the hell do I win these cases because he has no funding source/they won't allow him to add one either due to his perm suspension, it does say he has lost his seller protection, surely this means I should get my money back?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-12-2023

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 92%
Longevity: 33%

very confusing,you did business with a seller who is using a freelancer? and this seller decided not to use him,so he cant complete your project??
It is a 5 figures project and you made 2 payments instead of one(50/50).
he is now suspended and his bank account disconnected from his paypal account?
and you are also suspended as well?
first you lose Paypal protection if you send 2 payments for one project/merchandise.
what is the nature of your project,Paypal AUP has a list of goods and services not covered by Paypal.
You need to understand how Paypal works before you use it for 5 figure project
BTW,your seller does not have to add fund to his suspended Paypal account(I am not sure he can still use Paypal if he is suspended),he can always refund you via bank wiretransfer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay View Post
you already answered your own question "I paid 5 figures for a service"

such amounts should never be moved on paypal as the risk is too high
The risk is high for the seller,not so for the buyer,but he splits his payment in two,and that violated Paypal buyer protection.
It is not a good idea for seller ,esp those who provide services to accept Paypal,a wedding photographer,.caterer,masseur,plumber they all lost the case as they cant prove delivery with tracking .

Paypal would make exception ,at one time buyer will ask seller to design a website or do some IT project and then file item not received,seller will provide the codes to Paypal and the website which is up and running to win the case.

if buyer uses a credit card,he can files chargeback,it hits Paypal,and when Paypal loses,it tries to recover from the seller.
if it cant recover from the seller,it eats the loss as the merchant account to accept credit card payment is in PAypal name.
Paypal members are just subaccounts only known to Paypal,the bank which serves Paypal only know Paypal.as far as the bank is concerned,Paypal has a merchant account and does business all day long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay View Post
with high amounts buyer may be at risk as well if they start filing claims , why?

because paypal may not be able to recover funds from seller while the buyer may just file a chargeback
if Paypal cant recover from the seller,well,thats just too bad,Paypal holds the account and is liable.
Paypal will pay and then ding the seller account with a negative balance,if the seller continues to use Paypal to accept payments,then the incoming $$ will offset the negative balance
,Paypal will also email seller to bring the account to zero or positive.
If seller ignores such notice but continue to use his account to buy things using his credit card on file,Paypal can piggyback and charge his credit card as well,this is one good reason Paypal wants y ou to link a credit card..

I should say if a buyer splits his payment ,he only gets buyer protection for one payment.

what is the purpose of the 5 figures payment?
You are now suspended by Paypal,Paypal cannot be used to engage in certain activities,like ponzi scheme,contraband etc tec,you can review it online.
You can also review Paypal buyer protection ,what happens if you make multiple payments for one project/merchanidise.

https://www.paypalobjects.com/market...ull-110322.pdf

well,if the seller agrees to refund you outside Paypal,then you can cancel your case after you receive the money.
Paypal has many cases to deal with,you will just have to wait your turn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirdude View Post
I don't see what the issue is in sending multiple payments for a service? The whole payment was not going through at the time, so I sent it bit by bit?

What terms am I breaking??
one payment for one transaction,this is in the paypal terms
you arenot breaking any thing,just get protection for one payment,not two.
if the whole payment cannot go thru,you should contact Paypal and they will make it possible.
You have not told us why the two of you are both suspended,and what the payment is for,Paypal cannot be used for certain transactions-cigarette,narcotics,arms ,pyramid scheme,ete etc

Last edited by TGMT²; 08-19-2023 at 05:30 AM. Reason: triple posting
Old 08-12-2023
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Weird one - perm paypal suspension

OP, it's looking like you have to get your refund outside of pp - maybe wire transfer or bank to bank transfer
Old 08-12-2023

Activity: 88%
Longevity: 46%

you already answered your own question "I paid 5 figures for a service"

such amounts should never be moved on paypal as the risk is too high
Old 08-12-2023

with high amounts buyer may be at risk as well if they start filing claims , why?

because paypal may not be able to recover funds from seller while the buyer may just file a chargeback
Old 08-12-2023

with 5 figure amounts it is easier for both seller and buyer to just refuse to pay any missing amounts to paypal so that a suspension here would not be an issue
Old 08-12-2023

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 78%

I would prepare for a legal battle to get the money back through the county courts, that is if the seller is within the UK. Knowing PayPal as I do they would at best give you back 50%, one of the 2 payments and the worst is they will say no to any refund as you paid the 2 payments and went outside of their terms and conditions and lost buyer protection because of it.
Old 08-16-2023
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
I should say if a buyer splits his payment ,he only gets buyer protection for one payment.
I don't see what the issue is in sending multiple payments for a service? The whole payment was not going through at the time, so I sent it bit by bit?

What terms am I breaking??
Old 08-16-2023
Threadstarter  

They told me to wait 10 days, but the seller has told me he is unable to fulfil the service...
Old 08-21-2023

Longevity: 20%

For anyone running multiple PayPal accounts.

Make it standard practice to send appeal emails to PayPal support when you get suspensions or permanent bans.

I've restored so many of my accounts. All using the same legit name and different addresses.
Old 08-21-2023
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
They told me to wait 10 days, but the seller has told me he is unable to fulfil the service...
they means paypal or the service?
Old 08-21-2023

they = paypal.
we dont really know enough of what is going on here?
why is OP suspended?
what is the payment for?
Paypal cannot be used for certain activities,-narcotics,arms,cigarettes,ponze scheme,get rich scheme etc
Old 08-21-2023

Quote:
Paypal has too many cases to look into,thats why you have to wait your turn.
Or Paypal is trying to get the money back from the seller?
if it fails ,then it would have to pay you,since it is a 5 figures dispute,it could have been escalated to a higher level.,meaning a higher level Paypal staff is now looking into it

Last edited by agent006140; 08-21-2023 at 06:49 PM.
Old 08-22-2023
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
we dont really know enough of what is going on here?
does seem a bit sketchy pulling for info and OP hasnt posted in 5 days - might be done...
Old 08-22-2023

A five figures case,you bet Paypal rep has escalated to higher level staff to be reviewed,seller account has been suspended,he has already withdrawn his fund to a bank and disconnect that bank from his Paypal account,and it sounds like OP is not the only one sending him high dollars. OP is probably not the only one who has filed a case with Paypal,if they have used their credit card ,they will file chargebacks and Paypal will lose.
What is interesting is that Paypal has allowed the seller to withdraw all the fund to his bank account ,the seller could be an established trustworthy Paypal seller who decided to pull a fast one and retire!!
Paypal knows his bank and his bank account,and know his name and address.I would not be surprised if it has contacted the bank and the police
Old 08-30-2023

Longevity: 3%

There are services in this forum that can help you, if you dont have experience I would honestly pay someone to figure it out for me..
Old 08-30-2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by asicnisduc72hd View Post
There are services in this forum that can help you, if you dont have experience I would honestly pay someone to figure it out for me..
Someone in this forum can help him?
recover from the seller or from Paypal.
But why is his account suspended as well?