Stupid Newbee move - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 03-10-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
Default Stupid Newbee move

Hi all - Can I get some input on what to expect on my utterly stupid novice mistake described below? Thank you very much. I wish I found this site 2 months ago.. but here we go.

In the early 90's I had a couple ebay and paypal aco****s suspended and limited. I can't say for sure but I think the one with my SSN# was for VERO. I didn't know I would need records. Last year I started selling on an existing eBay PayPal.
I had been hearing horror stories and seeing sellers with 10k+ feedback get knocked out by PayPal limits. (I sell watch parts and crafting supplies like beads.) So I made new accounts, coincidentally on a new laptop. I knew I had to do new a checking account and I bank with Fidelity, it was very easy to get a second checking account number instantly online. I completely verified as a premier business. The following day before selling after buying about $100 worth I was limited. They requested drivers license and two utility bills. I uploaded the info and was unlimited almost 3 hours later.

Sold a few things the first month. Week 3 of the first month withdrew $200 and spent about $500 on eBay purchases. Week 1 (last week) of the first month withdrew $250 and left $46 plus a payment hold of $42.00. A couple payments came in and then I had many come in. I had over $600 post over night as many of my buyers are in the UK. I woke up to the limitation on Thursday. They requested my social security card and supplier list. I typed up a supplier list of legitimate suppliers a total of 4 for the 4 "categories" I sell. I included full info, company name, website, phone, physical address.
I am still in the "in progress status" on both. (I got the tracking number request too, but of course I put the real #'s and that is marked complete.)

So when they put my ssn in the system and they find my suspended/limited accounts from another state geographically and another decade in time, should I anticipate the 180 hold on my $600+? Since my other account is in good standing, should I go ahead and close it? It has a debit card on it, so I really didn't want to but I assume they will be linked and once the "new" one is shut down they will limit the other one too. Do you all agree?

Should I start working on my stealth stuff or is there any odd hope for me?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-10-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Welcome to the forum,missking.

Don't close anything while under paypal flags. Just sit on what is there.
What have you done wrong, cmon I gamble so you might have a remote chance.
In the meantime, be careful of what you do with the accounts to not link them
Old 03-10-2010
Threadstarter  

too late... they acknowledged my other account early on but I didn't know that was a bad thing. I'm so ashamed
Old 03-11-2010
Threadstarter  

Well it's been five days now and my resolution center still says "in progress". Any other suggestions. Anyone?