Limitation and Worried! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 08-04-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
Default Limitation and Worried!

So, I bought stealth and read it through in one sitting, and i know I will read it over and over again because i NEED to perfect this...I need to make a volume of honest wholesale sales, because I'm a poor college student!

So, in a nutshell, i sold a non-authentic item ( we'll say i didn't know it was ⊗⊗⊗⊗) and I got limited from paypal and ofcourse they want two things...proof of location/credit card ( which i already approved no problem) and invoices...which i CAN'T provide because I feel like I will get into some serious trouble. I'm done selling things that I'm not sure about. I dont know if I put my SSN in Paypal or not ( hope not) , because if i didn't I'll just open up a new bank account and use my ssn to make a new ebay and paypal...( i'm a little hesitant to use a family member because I dont know their number and they would get annoying thinking im doing something illegal instead of insanely bright)...

Sorry for the long message but i'm trying to leave every detail here because I'm freaking. Do I tell them they were ⊗⊗⊗⊗? Do I let it go and start over? Please help. I really just wanna start over and perfect stealth, but the freaking SSN is gonna get me one day! =) thank you geniuses ..
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-04-2010
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,550 Times in 2,203 Posts
Activity: 50%
Longevity: 91%

1. Yes, please read it over.
2. What were you selling and how many? You can tell me in PM if you prefer.
3. Hmm I may be able to help you with invoice. PM me. But I need an answer for #2
4. Do not use your fam's SSN. And do not say anything.
5. Start preparing the new accounts, and don't be greedy. Be patient and build history.

Lastly, be a good seller.
Old 08-04-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by saijin View Post
1. Yes, please read it over.
2. What were you selling and how many? You can tell me in PM if you prefer.
3. Hmm I may be able to help you with invoice. PM me. But I need an answer for #2
4. Do not use your fam's SSN. And do not say anything.
5. Start preparing the new accounts, and don't be greedy. Be patient and build history.

Lastly, be a good seller.
I agree with Saijin. I would stress point number 4. NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, use someone else's real information or address for this type of thing. It is unfair to THEM and it can only lead to more problems for YOU.
Old 08-05-2010
Threadstarter  

misunderstanding. I wasn't saying Im going to use anyone else's ( even my family's lol( SSN to provide proofing for my already-made mistake. I was only talking about using their SSN for the stealth account ( basically thinking out loud lol) my bad. I'll pm you saijin. Basically all I'm saying is that I dont know whether to give them my invoices , ( they didn't even ask for ssn ) or just let it go
Old 08-05-2010

Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjs010 View Post
misunderstanding. I wasn't saying Im going to use anyone else's ( even my family's lol( SSN to provide proofing for my already-made mistake. I was only talking about using their SSN for the stealth account ( basically thinking out loud lol) my bad. I'll pm you saijin. Basically all I'm saying is that I dont know whether to give them my invoices , ( they didn't even ask for ssn ) or just let it go
You are extremely lucky they didn't ask for SSN. Maybe because you wasn't selling VERO products huh?
Old 08-05-2010
Super Moderator

he was... and really high Vero at that.
Old 08-06-2010
Threadstarter  

yea i really was...can someone please tell me where to look on paypal to make sure i NEVER gave them my SSN. If I didn't, shouldnt I just be able to get a brand new paypal with that same credit card, or will they link the credit card? thanks
Old 08-06-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,933 Times in 8,224 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Nope you need ALL NEW info =( And there is no place or way of avoiding SSN...unless you creatively look elsewhere....out of the US
Old 08-06-2010
Super Moderator

OP, please.... read the stealth guide over again and study it.
Just follow the steps one at a time.
Old 08-10-2010

Longevity: 87%
Send a message via Yahoo to IDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
I agree with Saijin. I would stress point number 4. NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, use someone else's real information or address for this type of thing. It is unfair to THEM and it can only lead to more problems for YOU.
I totally disagree. If you hit gold a have a way of being 100% legit on eBay, and you have family willing to let you use their info. GO FOR IT! What's the worst that can happen? If you are legit you will have everything EB/PP requires. The people who are helping you have no interest in eBay obviously. Even if they did, they could always create a buyers account.
Old 08-10-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDK View Post
If you are legit you will have everything EB/PP requires. .
Its a good theory on paper, but you never know what can happen with these companies. Anything can come out of the blue and you can find the account in real trouble. Its simply not worth the risk of a family members financial future just to sell some crap on eBay. Drag yourself into whatever mess you are willing to risk, but not someone else. Never
Old 08-10-2010
Super Moderator

Well basically it depends if that family member knows what he / she is getting into.
But rule of thumb is not to involve people if possible
Old 08-10-2010

Longevity: 85%

Correct. It wont be a problem using people's info if selling legit products. Problem can occur when selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ vero products because you just never know who your buyer could be.
Old 08-10-2010
Executive [VIP]

It is NEVER, NEVER, NEVER a good idea to use someone else's information. Even if their business plans are 100% legal, honest and legitimate. You never know what will come up.

Let's say you use your brother's real information. You know what things go for on eBay, and you decide to search for items locally to re-sell to make a profit. One day, at a garage sale, you spot the P90X. The seller wants $50. You know that these sets sell on eBay for $100+. So, you buy it and list it.

For the sake of argument, lets assume the P90X is a knockoff. You THOUGHT is was the real deal, but it turns out that is not the case.

The VERO member for P90X thinks you are selling a knockoff, so they issue the takedown notice to eBay. The VERO member receives your information and forwards it to their attorneys.

A week or so later, your sister-in-law stays home from work, as she does not feel well. When the mail comes, she sees an official looking letter from Johnson & Pham addressed to your brother. So, she opens it to see what they want.

She sees their standard "YOU ARE SELLING COUNTERFEIT MERCHANDISE, CEASE AND DECIST AND PAY US $1,000 IMMEDIATEDLY, OR WE MAY FILE A LAWSUIT AGAINST YOU" letters. She freaks out and calls yourt brother who rushes home from his job to see what this is all about.

He looks at the letter and calls you. Panicked, you do a Google search for the law firm. You find out that a lot of people get these letters, and the consensus is that it is best to ignore them.

You run over to your brother's house. Your sister-in-law is convinced that your brother might go to prison, they will probably lose their house because of this, and they will now need to hire an attorney. She is screaming and crying at the same time, she is ready to beat you into a bloody pulp.

And you turn to your borther and say "Don't worry Bro, I checked Google, and the best advice online is to ignore these letters".

Think that'll fly?

Of course it won't. Now, you are forced to deal with the problem THEIR WAY! You have just lost control of the situation. Your relationship with these people will be strained for years to come, and now you will have to call Johnson & Pham, sign agreements with them and pay them. All because you innocently decided that it would be OK to involve someone else in your business affairs.
Old 08-10-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
Your relationship with these people will be strained for years to come
Thats the biggest fear you must worry about. How, why or what can go wrong is a long list. It is simply a very dangerous and stupid idea to drag someone else into this just to hock junk on eBay. Its not that important!

And I will add one more thing: Why are you and the rest of us on this site? Did we all break the law and do stuff that wasn't "legit"? Legit means nothing! Sh*t happens. Dont drag your friends and family into it.

Here's food for thought: You sell something on a new account under a family members info. For $600. The scumbag buyer does a credit card chargeback and wins. You have no item and are out $600. You cant walk away or said family member is on the hook now..... Boom, just like that you are in a spot where you gotta cough up $600.

I don't care what you are selling and how honest you are going to go about it - You can run into grief and having someone else involved is just plain wrong. Period

Last edited by pod; 08-10-2010 at 11:10 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to pod For This Useful Post:
jeffweico (08-11-2010)
Old 08-11-2010
Executive [VIP]

I just don't get it...

The whole point of this forum is that YOU DON'T HAVE TO involve anyone else in this PERIOD! The stealth guide explains this very clearly. And there are TONS of posts on this forum from people who got into a bind because they used someone else's information.

Since this is not necessary, why do it? To save the $5 per month rental charge for a UPS box? Is that REALLY worth risking a relationship over?
Old 08-11-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,933 Times in 8,224 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

As all the other people have noted, if you feel you need to use someone else's info, well then you haven't got the core message of the stealth guide.
Old 08-13-2010

Interesting discussion, but pod is correct.