Help me out - its a tricky limitation situation - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 08-06-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
Default Help me out - its a tricky limitation situation

Okay I have a limitation like the rest of you guys and I really need this money I have on hold. I called paypal up and told them my story 2x . both times with no results. I haven't submitted any documents at all to resolve my limitation.Just know they hit me with that full blown list that has like 10 requirements. It has been over 60 days and 90 is approaching soon.

Now I have a couple Ideas which do y'all think I should go with

a. submit as much info as possible for the limitation and try to resolve it now.
1. with this method I cant submit my ssn unless I fess up. The Account name is exactly like my real name except the first letter of the first name. I could make up a bogus story like autofill typed in Jonny instead of ronny. or I could just say look I dont want to give my info like that online I have had my identity stolen before, If I give you my real name and ssn will you let me off free. But then I have two accounts in my name with my ssn and I dont want those account suspended because they " dont like my lying business"

b. I could also call them about this and ask them without revealing my id to see what they say.

c. I could email all my buyers and refund em and try to do business outside of paypal. But I already tried this before with one of the buyers.

waiting 180 isnt an option. I could try to contact them constantly since I have a clean history no chargeback or complaints. but its not looking good if I havent submitted any documents.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-06-2010

Longevity: 80%

keep calling and bugging them. You have nothing but time to lose, if the calls don't cost you.
I am sure India customer service support does not cost them much, but I remember CC companies closing accounts of people that called customer support to often.
Try to take to the higher up managment in the US.
Old 08-06-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

If you give them real information, what makes you think the funds would be released sooner? If anything, it would just be another indicator to them that you are a risk giving them even more of a reason to hold your money.

Sometimes when in stealth, you need to be prepared for the fact that your money MAY get held for the 180 days. The obvious solution is to never have so much money in a PayPal account (I don't mean leaving it sitting there, I mean letting it hit PayPal in the first place) that not having access to it would hurt you financially.

And simply stating that "180 days is not an option" does not mean that PayPal will comply with your demands. You can call them 5x a day, but do you REALLY THINK that you are the first person they have heard from on this matter? Do you REALLY THINK that PayPal MUST comply with your demands "or else"?

Don't get me wrong, I wish you the best of luck and hope they give you that money, but don't count on it.
Old 08-06-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

They wont budge until you make an effort to send docs they asked for so phoning is pointless until you do. If you are asking what you can do instead of sending docs the answer is wait 180 days. Sorry but that's that
The Following User Says Thank You to pod For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (08-06-2010)
Old 08-06-2010
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 79%

what about option a? what do you guys think of me telling them my real name?will it hurt or help?
Old 08-06-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

So you are asking: If you tell them you used a phony name but come clean will they give you your money? Dude, seriously.
Old 08-06-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Only thing 'tricky' is the manner in which the OP wants to get resolution.

It's the usual paypal (protect themselves at all costs) limitation.

OP has choices.
Supply the required info
Decline to supply the info.
Repeated phone calls with variations of themes will not assist the case.
Variations of stories here will not assist resolution.

Until such time as paypal tell you there is going to be no more business between you both, there is going to be no funds released. I strongly recommend you consider that salient factor in your tricky limitation
pod (08-06-2010)
Old 08-06-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninob12133 View Post
...........Okay I have a limitation like the rest of you guys and I really need this money I have on hold. I called paypal up and told them my story 2x . both times with no results. I haven't submitted any documents at all to resolve my limitation.Just know they hit me with that full blown list that has like 10 requirements. It has been over 60 days and 90 is approaching soon.....................
Here is the deal, I Do not know the Particulars of your account, Like how old it is, if it has been limited before, what you sell, How Much, ect,ect,,
Im "Guessing that that one of the Reasons paypal gave you a "Full Blown list" is because they have Already internal Suspisions about your suspended Account.

Seriously ONLY 1 Letter of Difference, J instead of R, What makes you think that you were going to Get Away with that? Providing them with a Real SSN and giving them some "Story" about a Typo when you created the account is ONLY going to COMFIRM what they already suspect, now ADD to that the fact that it is Almost 90 Days. Paypals Take on that will be that if Everything with the Account was Legit it would NOT even take 90 Seconds to Comply with the requested Documents, let alone 90 DAYS.

At this Point I would Submit whatever I can, and call them to tell them that you are some type of Student from some Country from Who Knows Where on some type of Summer student Exchange program and that you do not have a U.S. SSN or something like that and throw yourself on the Mercy of the Court,,,its the best that I can Come up with Here,,,Sorry,,,But I think that this is your ONLY OPTION

On your Next Stealth Account----GO STEALTH ALL THE WAY,,,Even your Surname should be of a DIFFERENT ETHNICITY

Last edited by slapped; 08-06-2010 at 10:31 PM.
Old 08-10-2010

Longevity: 87%
Send a message via Yahoo to IDK

Dude just wait the 180 days and move on to a new account. All of your scenarios are a joke.
Old 08-11-2010

Longevity: 80%

move on to a back up account. I made this mistake, I had everything cruising along on one account and thought it was gold then bam limited appeal denied. I only had 2 backup accounts fully verified feedback the works etc so I had to slow down sales and rethink my plan. When things are going well your mind forgets that the paypal account could be axed at any moment. so for August Im dedicating this month to creating stealth accounts and ebay accounts ! get them all nice and done up with some feedback and history here and there then I wont care about if 1 of my soldiers goes down!
The Following User Says Thank You to boxcutters For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (08-11-2010)