Paypal/Customer Chargeback Help!!! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 09-06-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
Default Paypal/Customer Chargeback Help!!!

Hello,

Recently paypal linked my account to 1 of my family members, so they limited my account, 1 week later i get hit with a chargeback for $1950.00 (i sold wheels and tires on ebay) i tried to get a hold of the customer but no luck, email, voicemail whatever i never heard back from the guy. wheels and tires were perfectly fine and what the guy ordered, customer complaint was "not as described". So with hopes of getting my account reopened i paid the negetive balance of $1950 to paypal and provided the documents they required for the limitation. so 3 days later they tell me they are closing my account. (all this happened back in july) so today (09/06/10) i got an e-mail from paypal saying that the chargeback is credible and they are going to refund the $1950 to the customer.

-so now im assed out? what can i do to at least try and recup. my money. im stressin over this as ebay/paypal were a big part of my business and now i got screwed with a closed account and $2000 down. the guy never returned the items to me and ive explained that to paypal but they dont care, they just tell me thats their final decision and the customer is getting the money.

--please help, what can i do to recup. my money or items.

Last edited by joxnard805; 09-06-2010 at 11:46 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-06-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Man, that sucks. As far as paypal for your business goes, you are going to have to go stealth now. When they say they are done, they are done

As for the wheels, the guy simply will not reply or return? Thats theft. Get the cops involved. Not sure what you have for proof he has them, but its all you can do. Small claims court may be your only hope
Old 09-07-2010
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 53%
Longevity: 91%

OP:

Make a print out as well as screen shot of your auction if you still can access it and any other documents pertaining to this transaction.
Bring all the emails that you have as well with you to your local PD.
Then ask them if there's any benefit in contacting that buyer's local PD as well.

I hope you have a form of signature confirmation when you ship out the tires.
Make sure of course that you have that person's contact info and other personal info.

I'm really sorry this is happening to you, but I hope you learned your lesson about trusting huge amount of $ to an entity like PP / eB .
Old 09-07-2010

Longevity: 91%

Thats a tough situation, and Im guessing the cops will tell you its a civil matter. There is no way the police can validate the quality of what you shipped etc, so there wont be much they can do. Thats a tough situation, Id hire an attorney to send a letter first and see if you can possibly get some action from the buyer on that.
Old 09-07-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Create enough of a stink at your local PD and you can get some action going. Yes thy go after Net fraud - especially if you have documentation. Pull the eBay contact info and call - direct communication helps with these ****ty situations.
Old 09-07-2010
Threadstarter  

customer wont return my calls or e-mails, ive been trying to get a hold of him since the chargeback started.

-i do have the customers signature from fedex when he received the packages. ..

-so the lawyer would be my best bet? i know police wont do nothing about it unless im on their back all the time.

-its funny how ebay sellers make the money for paypal/ebay, and they screw us so easily.
Old 09-07-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

That's as bad as a girlfriend cheating on you, in your own bed. Or boyfriend...

That's some messed up stuff. i am negative $265 on a stealth that i refuse to pay.. the guy did a chargeback saying he didnt receive.. well i sent it signature confirmation and he did receive.
Old 09-07-2010
Banned

Long story short is you are screwed. A lawyer will cost the same as the amount you are trying to recover and then you have to enforce the judgment.

Your best bet is to email him and let him know you will be in a town close to him for business and will stop by and get your rims or money "one way or another." Make sure you put it in the subject line because he just probably deletes all your emails if they are not bouncing back.
For me it is the principle, and I would travel to his town just to kick his ass.
Most people don't do it because it takes time and money, but I have plenty of both.

Last edited by TGMT²; 09-07-2010 at 03:51 PM.
Old 09-07-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Isn't travelling within the US still fairly cheap? Domestic flights ha...yeah if the idiot was screwy enough to put his real address then personal vendetta can be done.
Old 09-07-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

The reality is that the police will NOT do anything. They would view this as a buyer/seller dispute, not as a crime.

You COULD try suing them yourself in small claims court, but that can be problematic as well. Hiring an attorney is probably not an option, given the dollar amount involved.

This is the unfortunatel reality of dealing with eBay/PayPal. They almost ALWAYS side with the buyer. If your listing is targeted by someone who has every intent in the world of ripping you off, there is very little you can do about it. Some buyers have figured this out, there are even web posts that tell people how to scam eBay sellers to get free merchandise.

That is the number one reason I limit my sales to stuff that mostly costs $100 or less.
Old 09-07-2010
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Isn't travelling within the US still fairly cheap? Domestic flights ha...yeah if the idiot was screwy enough to put his real address then personal vendetta can be done.
He had to give him a real address, because they delivered the rims to him there. The other option is to open stealth paypal accounts and get back your money from Ebay/Paypal. Sell another set of rims and tires and to yourself, withdraw your money and then do a chargeback with your credit card company.
Old 09-07-2010
Nephilim

Longevity: 0%

I would get a merchant account to do business transactions of this amount. You never know when something like this will arise. I have lost many items and money this way by people who have filed a "item not recieved" complaint. I hate when this happens. $2000 is a lot of money for this type of scenario.