New paypal account but no 21 day hold! What? Releasing all funds - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 11-08-2010
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepitup View Post
I also got a stealth account with no holds at all. I sold already close to 15 items for a total of $300 and so far so good.

Hopefully, it will stay that way. I am shipping everything with tracking info and I am also accepting payments from other sites.

All merchandise is non Vero.

Paypal is very weird sometimes.
Two important factors that play a role in holds are: 1) age of account, 2) what you are selling (Vero vs. some old crap in your garage)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-08-2010

Longevity: 78%

Once an item shows delivered, the funds should be released within 3 days OR if you call and the Rep can see it was delivered by the online tracking you submitted, they can release the money.

Paypal policy states (onl holds) 21 days OR if a buyer leaves positive feedback OR if an item shows delivered.
Old 11-08-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

None of the above has been kicking in for me the last 5 or 6 weeks unfortunately. Any of my holds have been riding out the whole 21 even when tracking shows del and pos feedback..
Old 11-09-2010

I don't know how it works,
i have a **** account and started selling second hand clothes,(testing the water)
BAM held my money till got feedback? also just sold 8 items in auction and sent them yesterday with no tracking as they are second hand clothes and only went for a few quid. all money on 21 day hold, btw i also put some wall stickers on aswell bin with no feedback??????
Old 11-09-2010

I started an account almost three months ago and sold ONLY 6 items in 10 weeks. Really took it slow and now they placed a 21 day hold. The alert I read when I login says something like it may go longer than 21 days actually

Got three positive feedbacks out of 6 transactions so far, the highest transaction being about $60. The higher ones I received positive feedback for already.
I emailed Paypal essentially telling them I de-linked my checking account and took my auction items off. To please let me know if/when they are ready to fulfill their side of the obligations by allowing me to list and be paid for my efforts. I requested they send me a check for the remainder of the balance to the address I have on file.

I took it slow..sold just 2-3 items per month and they are still trying to screw with me with an unneeded limit. I do not sell Vero, it was a combination of all kinds of categories, nothing high risk at all.

Paypal has under $50 of my money but it's not worth it to me to mess with them. I am going to let the account sit unless they boot me. This account may be linked to my regular ebay account which has all my truthful info

Last edited by Melissa1971; 11-09-2010 at 08:18 PM.
Old 11-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by underneaththebus View Post
Ok everyone riddle me this? I opened up a new paypal/ebay account my details were all ⊗⊗⊗⊗, i listed 4 items for sale yesterday all under $50, logged into paypal this morning and there is no hold on my funds! What?! Everything i have read on this forum has told me 21 day hold for newbie or that you would need at least x amount of fb.

I don't have any bank details on there and I am paypal unconfirmed, yet there not putting any holds on funds. i have bought a couple of things with the money i have in there so i know there is no hold. So question is, did paypal 21 day hold policy recently change or did i just get luck?
That is nice to hear! encouraging
Old 11-09-2010
Executive [VIP]

Not getting holds doesn't mean they wont appear at one point. Oddly enough I have seen them let early transactions go fine and then start the holds. I had 2K go through an account with no holds and now they are getting holds if that makes any sense at all

Any and all "rules" with the 21 day hold are out the window now as far as I'm concerned. They are changing it up
Old 11-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by pod View Post
Not getting holds doesn't mean they wont appear at one point. Oddly enough I have seen them let early transactions go fine and then start the holds. I had 2K go through an account with no holds and now they are getting holds if that makes any sense at all

Any and all "rules" with the 21 day hold are out the window now as far as I'm concerned. They are changing it up
Agreed. They seem to be getting worse. That is weird you are getting holds now, talk about unnecessary.

On my other account, they placed a hold on a guy who paid me who didn't link his credit card. Pressured me to upgrade to a premium account right then, i acted encouraged and appreciative but wanted to look into it. What is good for them is usually bad for me. They said with a premium acct you can restrict echecks but I don't know about that

If/when they place holds for no reason, such as in my case and yours where there is really no warrant for holds, especially if the amounts are so low on the items left without feedback, maybe we can do something. If more of us de-link our checking accounts immediately and take down our auction items, then it may help when we email them (or call) requesting a heads up when Paypal feels comfortable. I was gracious in the email and thanked them for their time, you gotta be imho

I also told them I was going to shut the checking account down so if they wanted to fulfill their obligation at some point, to let me know and I woudl create a new checking acct

Last edited by Melissa1971; 11-09-2010 at 08:50 PM.
Old 11-09-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa1971 View Post

talk about unnecessary.
Yup. Perfect record on the account. Spoke to them a few times playing dumb and asked why the holds now and what am I doing wrong. They had no answer and said i was doing perfect. Just "standard stuff"

I was thinking it had a lot to do with the buyer. If buyer is risky they may hold that against you. But I have had some buyers that are long standing, verified and used paypal balance, so not concrete there.

One day 3 small payments from verified users: Holds. One big payment from a buyer that was not verified: No hold. Makes no sense at all....
Old 11-09-2010

Quote:
Yup. Perfect record on the account. Spoke to them a few times playing dumb and asked why the holds now and what am I doing wrong. They had no answer and said i was doing perfect. Just "standard stuff"

I was thinking it had a lot to do with the buyer. If buyer is risky they may hold that against you. But I have had some buyers that are long standing, verified and used paypal balance, so not concrete there.

One day 3 small payments from verified users: Holds. One big payment from a buyer that was not verified: No hold. Makes no sense at all....
Well I think they have alot of newbies on staff, or that is the impression I get. Friendly employees who seem to try but not the brightest bulbs. Amazon seems to get better customer service people, they have more class imho.
Old 11-09-2010

Longevity: 84%

Quote:
Most of the time feedback is pretty quick and all that's needed. But sometimes you get drive by buyers that cant be bothered to leave feedback. Its rare, but annoying

I sold an item for $600, sent express, delivered 2 days later.
[Called buyer to touch base a week later, happy as hell - But be damned if the cat can be bothered with feedback]
PayPal tracking shows delivered 10 days ago

... Still on hold. PayPal guy said system pings tracking every day and when it shows delivered money is released within 3 days. Hogwash. Never once for me anyway
thats bs the 3 days is a lie. they do not release the money until you call them and tell them to release it on many items. if it shows delivered tracking the nice lady may give you your hard earned money. its sad.
Old 11-09-2010

Quote:
I've been really lucky when I call. Lots of very nice staff. But this guy....

I don't call very often, but this buyer was a new 0 buyer on a $600 item that would not reply to any emails and that made me nervous. 10 days after delivery confirmation seemed too long. And it seems I will basically have to wait out 18 days after delivery. Thats kind of too long as far as I'm concerned.
I waited the entire 21 days on dooney bourke purse authentic and brand new. the woman left positive 2 days later and called paypal. paypal lied to her and said I had the money. paypal/ebay is the devil.
Old 11-09-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwsouthside View Post

left positive 2 days later and called paypal..
Wow. Thats a good buyer. But I suspect PayPal found that pretty fishy. A buyer calling to confirm receipt has to be very rare
Old 11-17-2010

She was a VERY NICE buyer. very rare these days. I talked to her for 45 minutes about ebay and life. she is Blessed lady that goes to church. she was very helpful. paypal lied to her. ebay/paypal have stooped to new lows just when you think they cant get lower.
Old 11-18-2010

all you have to do is send an email to paypal to the right email address. dont use the contact us link, google around to find paypal email addresses and pick one that mentions complaints, save the email address in your address book. email them with a list of transaction ID's stating "hey these items have been delivered and signed for by the buyer please release the funds for transaction ID : xxxxxx & xxxxxx. Thank you" I usually send this email out on the second day after delivery has been confirmed because it usually takes 1 or 2 days for you to get a response from paypal saying

" thanks for your email, sorry about your concerns blah blah blah More bs and more bs, we really care abuot your business, more lie's more lie's, we went ahead and verified the delivery of those transactions and have released the funds associated with them. Please tell a friend about paypal (haaa no chance of that happening). thank you"

They do respond to email in a timely manner if you email the right email address. service@paypal.com is a joke don't bother with that address.
Old 11-18-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

...so what is the correct address to use to contact paypal? (save on some searching)