Paypal Limited Forum - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2009
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%

Bottom Line is: Never leave more money in your paypal account than you can afford to lose. I personally never leave more than $100-$200 in my account, but I never completely clean it out, as this may raise a flag. I also never ship anything until my money hits my bank account, which usually takes about 2 days. That way, if I was to get limited, I can simply just refund the buyer their money and paypal gets $0. Just have a few accounts aging and ready to sell, if one goes down just simply start selling on the next one. For every one that goes down, make another one so you always have some accounts in rotation.

It is very easy to get lazy on ebay with high volume of sales, etc. But you just have to ask yourself, why risk losing a good "stealth" account to save a few minutes.

My moto: "Do it right the first time....and everytime after." lol
The Following User Says Thank You to aking For This Useful Post:
jholl99 (06-06-2017)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-28-2009

Longevity: 87%

HI
I have a similar problem, I dont want to give them a social security number, what are my options ?
Old 03-01-2009

Longevity: 89%

I just had an account limited, that I hadn't even attempted to make a withdrawal from yet. They are asking for...

1.bank account statement
2.social security number
3. updated phone # (says they couldn't confirm my #)
4.proof of shipment
5. confirmed location

I didn't know that they ever asked for a bank account statement, unless it was a repeated offender. This account has never had any issues at all. It was my first transaction in it ($300). Any idea as to why they may have given me this limit, or why they've asked for so much for my 1st issue?
Old 03-10-2009

*scratching my head* I did a charge back on ebay fees in December on a paypal account that I haven't been using. My other paypal account became limited and they denied the limitation... I'm wondering if this was due to the charge back? The paypal rep said something about another account, but she wouldn't discuss... she sent the call to some guy that didn't know much. We had 4 accounts, but I forgot about the charge back. Is that it?
Old 03-10-2009

one account has been restored, the one I did a charge back on... hmm, should I call them to restore the other 3? EBay suspended still for -- According to our records, your account has violated our site policies.
Old 03-10-2009

Should I phone, email, or skype ebay?
Old 03-10-2009

EBay Live Help about a blocked EBay account.

"Rest assured that the Trust and Safety Team would be able to further check into this since they have the tools for this. Nothing to worry about."

Tools?
Old 04-05-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts

freedom, are you asking advice for wanting ebay reinstatement or paypal unlimited, or both? Have you faxed in all doucumentation requested?
Old 04-05-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

^^^Oompappa, freedom put his thread in the subscribers area.There were replies
Old 08-27-2009

Longevity: 85%

i need help. i was just limited and they want supplier contact info and invoices for the iphones i sold. i got most of my money out before they limited it but i still have over $300 in there that i wantt o get out. would it be best for me to call them or make a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ invoice? i piece together iphones and sell them. i really hate this
Old 09-15-2009

Longevity: 93%

Help: I got hit with paypal limitation...no problem there been there done that...this time they hit me with the kitchen sink....proof of id ~ Proof of S.S. ~proof of invoices ~ proof of delivery ~ proof of company existence ~ requested that I upgrade to a company account ~ and requested that I link new bank account ~ was using account now for withdrawals.... I provided them with all the information they requested and limitation was lifted.... I've been limited in the past and they've asked for this level of information over the course of multiple limitations...is it safe to say (and I use the word safe lightly when it comes to paypal) that this new paypal account is good to go...what other information could they possible ask me to provide that I haven't during this insane limitation?
Old 09-15-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts

you have run through the main things, ssn is the biggie...
Old 03-23-2010

Longevity: 81%
Default Reimburse chargeback

You recently requested a chargeback (payment reversal) through your credit card's issuing bank on a payment made using PayPal.

We encourage users to attempt to resolve disputes through the PayPal Buyer Protection Program before using an external chargeback program. We will honor any chargeback that our investigation determines is valid.

If you win your chargeback dispute, you must return the original merchandise to the seller and provide PayPal with proof of this return, or reimburse PayPal for any duplicate credit received for this transaction.

I have those message from paypal.
What i should do?
Old 03-24-2010

Longevity: 83%

Paypal limitations kept my funds for 6 months before they released them and my account is still in a limited status. I now keep very little money in my PP account and use my backup (bank account) to draw fund from. It's safe for me.
Old 03-25-2010

You recently requested a chargeback (payment reversal) through your credit card's issuing bank on a payment made using PayPal.

We encourage users to attempt to resolve disputes through the PayPal Buyer Protection Program before using an external chargeback program. We will honor any chargeback that our investigation determines is valid.

What is that mean?

If you win your chargeback dispute, you must return the original merchandise to the seller and provide PayPal with proof of this return, or reimburse PayPal for any duplicate credit received for this transaction.
Old 04-02-2010

Default Limited today

I have a question and can use some help. I have a GOOD verified Premier paypal account that has been is place for almost 12 years. I had a debit card that just expired and did not receive a new one. I tried to request another one on-line and was asked for my S.S. #, last four digits and it did not go through. apparently they did not have the first half and I don't remember ever giving it to them, after three or so tries I get a message to call, I do and get the run around. Then asked to put my SS # in to my account, I refused, I told them I'm verified with a credit card, two bank accounts and two addresses, been a customer for almost 12 years and I'm not giving them my SS#, I also told them I'll just change my ebay account to merchant and go with Google check-out. Well right after hanging-up I did a transfer of my funds to my bank and guess what, this blocked it and limited my account! They want to verify my ID, address and SS#. This is Bull****......Any suggestions?
Old 04-02-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 82%

I would give them the copy of ID and address verification first and then call and speak to a supervisor and explain to them that you do not give out your SSN#. If you are polite you may be able to work something out with them.
The Following User Says Thank You to cardfelon For This Useful Post:
rudy3181 (04-03-2010)
Old 04-03-2010

I guess that's what I'm going to have to do at this point. However, no one is safe at this point. An account 12 years old, CC verified, address verified, phone number verified and two bank accounts verified ans they still insist on S.S. and paper back-up.... I have a BIG problem supplying my S.S., I was a victim of ID theft a while back and a number was done. They wanted me to give it to them over the internet? I really don't see what laws they are using to lock my funds, prevent me from withdrawing or even closing my account if I don't agree to their terms. I guess I'll give them my address and Id, if they insist on my S.S. I very well may have my Lawyer call their legal department and see where that ends-up. Does anyone have their phone numbers, so I can contact them after sending the two items in.

Thanks.....
Old 04-09-2010

Longevity: 85%

No spamming f ake shoes!
Old 05-08-2010

Longevity: 82%

Hi Guys,
I've posted only a couple times before & need some help after reading "Stealth" because I don't think this question was addressed in Stealth:

1) I was using PayPal to process payments on my website before my PP got limited due to some negative feedback & items not received complaints on Ebay. This had nothing to do with my website sales although it shared a PP Account with my Ebay account. I have always sold legit items. If I activate a new PayPal account, can I use it on the old website of mine for payments? I have a merchant account now but I get lots of requests for PP. Will PP notice the old website or could I change the checkout URL to fool them?

2) Stealth says to use a new email address for PP, but what if part of the email addr is the same but the domain provider is diff't? EG johnjones@cox.net vs johnjones@yahoo.com, is this okay?

3) Because of being PP Limited with no hope of Unlimited (I will not pass their credit check) I had to let my Ebay account lapse. Ebay told me yesterday that I can reinstate my account if I paid my fees and there are no other violations! I told them my PayPal account was going to be closed, as it was limited & I never replied in time, & asked them if I could have an Ebay acct w/o PayPal? They said YES YOU CAN. It is no longer required to have a PP account.
So this raises a question, can I sell again with my old Ebay account once I reinstate, & not offer PP in the listings then at checkout just send people an invoice from a new PP account Ebay doesn’t know about?
It kind of seems like Ebay doesn't care that my old PP account is limited & will let me back if I pay up.
Thanks guys. I'll await your replies.
Old 06-13-2010

Longevity: 80%
Default Relationship between payment received, withdrawal to bank and paypal limitation

I tend to watch my Ebay auctions end and wait for payment, then withdraw to bank before posting.

I've noticed recently that sometimes when money is received from the Ebay buyer, then immediately withdrawn to bank by me, a paypal limitation follows a few minutes after. This means the withdrawal is reversed, and all the usual trouble of refunding the buyer and organising an alternative payment method.

Would it help if I just left the money in paypal for a few hours or a day to avoid these paypal limitations?

Any other suggestions?
Old 07-07-2010

Longevity: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudy3181 View Post
I have a question and can use some help. I have a GOOD verified Premier paypal account that has been is place for almost 12 years. I had a debit card that just expired and did not receive a new one. I tried to request another one on-line and was asked for my S.S. #, last four digits and it did not go through. apparently they did not have the first half and I don't remember ever giving it to them, after three or so tries I get a message to call, I do and get the run around. Then asked to put my SS # in to my account, I refused, I told them I'm verified with a credit card, two bank accounts and two addresses, been a customer for almost 12 years and I'm not giving them my SS#, I also told them I'll just change my ebay account to merchant and go with Google check-out. Well right after hanging-up I did a transfer of my funds to my bank and guess what, this blocked it and limited my account! They want to verify my ID, address and SS#. This is Bull****......Any suggestions?
Same thing here, I'm verified with bank account.only use paypay to receive payments from employer(only option hate it). I made a HUGE mistake and wanted the Paypal Debit card. I had a personel account, in order to get the debit card you have tp upgrade to premier. I upgraded and applied for the card. They asked for date of birth and last for of S.S. The next day my account is LIMITED.

I m kicking my self in the a**.

I should of known they could reference the last 4 of your S.S. with date of birth.

I've had problems about 3 years ago with paypal, those accounts were never fixed and went into a negative balance. They have my S.S. linked to those accounts.

Is it worth it to send them all the B.S. information they want? or am I screwed?
Closed Thread