From Limited to Back in 15 hours - My Story - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
Default From Limited to Back in 15 hours - My Story

Hey guys,

All I can say is that I'm a canadian paypal user, verified account. I started reading this forum a few weeks ago with fears of "what would happen If I was limited?"

LOL - last night at 2am I got limited. It was a pretty stressful experience let me tell ya. Its bound to happen for everyone for sure. Everyone who makes money. Now paypal is asking for all these documents and reversing the money on its way to my bank.

It just got restored after talking to a few people at paypal and getting some documents online for them. Really all you have to do is provide them the documents they want, and call them. Talk to them with KINDNESS even if your not feeling kind about it. Be very polite and treat them like your friend. Calling them on a friday could help too

I didn't even have everything they were asking for. They wanted a credit card and I actually don't even have one. I make good money but messed up my credit years ago...never really bothered fixing it. Getting a prepaid card. Point is they still un-limited my account and told me there should be no problems in the future and there's nothing else they might ask for. The key is phoning them and providing what they need in a nice way.

Not sure how you could get around limitations with a stealth account. Thats a whole other topic.

Anyways if any canadian users are facing a limitation shoot me a PM if you have any questions or whatever.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to sarahsbeattie For This Useful Post:
colt63 (09-24-2011), Dre (03-12-2011), GreenBean (03-11-2011), jalalabad (06-11-2012), jjjia (06-18-2011), sacka_man (10-21-2011), smellybelly (06-26-2011), SUVE (12-03-2011)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-11-2011

Longevity: 79%
Send a message via AIM to DAILYHUNDRED

How did you get around the CREDIT CARD part if you didnt provide one or did you use a pre paid card if so which one. I am going through the same thing. Thank You.
Old 03-11-2011
Threadstarter  

Default hey

I just straight up told them I actually don't have a credit card....what else can I do, I'm here to cooperate.

They said "thats fine, we're here to work with you on that, no problem"

The key is being real friendly and acting like you have nothing to hide. In my case I didn't have anything to hide so it was easy.
Old 03-11-2011
Threadstarter  

If I didn't phone them - i couldnt' have initiated the review as I couldn't provide all the documents they wanted (the credit card). They wanted 3 things from me

The key is phone them and talk to the limitation department. Then treat the person your talking to with respect.
Old 03-11-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Good info!!!!

It's all in the approach. Dont be afraid to speak to paypal. Have your info & co-operate.
Talking sweetly can help get that account going again.
Old 03-11-2011
Threadstarter  

They also told me that I should never get limited again and they had everything they could want from me.

I hope thats true. Anyone get limited on the same accounts over and over? I can't really see them asking for anything more. I guess it depends if complaints or problems keep arising after the fact?
Old 03-12-2011

Send a message via AIM to Dre

Yea.. I called Them when the Heat Game Was On.. the Guy I was on With was Watching the Game Also lol.. Paypal could be cool sometimes..
Old 03-17-2011

Longevity: 82%
Default PayPal limited

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsbeattie View Post
They also told me that I should never get limited again and they had everything they could want from me.

I hope thats true. Anyone get limited on the same accounts over and over? I can't really see them asking for anything more. I guess it depends if complaints or problems keep arising after the fact?
You are quite right in your methods of dealing with PayPal. But, it also depends on your selling history. If you are selling lots of Vero items and WHEN they limit your account, they might or might not remove the limitation even if you provide the documents they have requested.
Old 03-18-2011
Threadstarter  

Default hmm

lucky for me I don't even sell on ebay I provide an seo service.

They reviewed my website as part of the limitation and approved it\said it was perfectly fine. So what I'm doing now is just keeping my customers happy and keeping my behavior the same.
Old 06-10-2011

Longevity: 74%

I gave all the documents etc did the nice thing. then today, 6 motnhs after they placed the limitation, they have said now there is nothing i can do at all anymore...they ahve made a business decision at their discretion to shut my account permanently.

how does one get aroudn this now...my ebay accoutn is ok for now....it all in my legit name.. i need to know how to open an new paypal...does movign and having a new address help?
Old 06-26-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 74%

It can get you back on ebay and paypal, not necessarily get your suspended account reinstated.
Old 06-26-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Unless I'm reading a different stealth there is no mention on un-limiting accounts. It does say get back on ebay... That stealth guide has done very successfully...
Old 06-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsbeattie View Post
Hey guys,

All I can say is that I'm a canadian paypal user, verified account. I started reading this forum a few weeks ago with fears of "what would happen If I was limited?"

LOL - last night at 2am I got limited. It was a pretty stressful experience let me tell ya. Its bound to happen for everyone for sure. Everyone who makes money. Now paypal is asking for all these documents and reversing the money on its way to my bank.

It just got restored after talking to a few people at paypal and getting some documents online for them. Really all you have to do is provide them the documents they want, and call them. Talk to them with KINDNESS even if your not feeling kind about it. Be very polite and treat them like your friend. Calling them on a friday could help too

I didn't even have everything they were asking for. They wanted a credit card and I actually don't even have one. I make good money but messed up my credit years ago...never really bothered fixing it. Getting a prepaid card. Point is they still un-limited my account and told me there should be no problems in the future and there's nothing else they might ask for. The key is phoning them and providing what they need in a nice way.

Not sure how you could get around limitations with a stealth account. Thats a whole other topic.

Anyways if any canadian users are facing a limitation shoot me a PM if you have any questions or whatever.
Paypal wanted my ss number and address faxed to them to make sure I am the person I claim to be. What do I do in a situation like that? I can't lie about ss number I forgot they also wanted my drivers licenses. How do I firgure this out its a nwe account.
Thanks beate
Beate
Old 07-24-2011

Longevity: 73%

Paypal down the road will soon realize it can't keep operating with these types of policies, honesty if you limit everyone that comes to your service or site how the hell you going to make money providing your service, and the shareholders on top of that will have issues with it too. It won't be long before Paypal is regulated by the state of California and Federal banking laws, because the first company our Government will go after to make an example WILL BE PAYPAL!.

I've gotten limited one time for making too much money, all my shipments went out same day ALL THE TIME, never had issues with buyers, had 100% feedback all the time, and while I was not a power seller and my items were small ticket under $50, PP wound up limiting me because I was making 30k a year selling one product. They also wanted my documents on where I buy my products, and in my opinion this is just so they can shut you out and compete with you. I produced the documents they wanted anyway, and sure enough I was pushed out that same year in 2008. DSR's didn't help either, but PP got their documents then opened up my account, then limited it again.

It really doesn't matter what day it is, if the sun is shinning or not, all accounts must be manually looked at over there, and they just limit everyone at one point or another. If you haven't been limited yet, you will.
Old 09-23-2011

Nice story:D
Old 09-24-2011
MU

Longevity: 81%

It still depends on what you sell! High risk.
Old 09-24-2011
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

I was able to get back a golden account by not giving up and putting in a ton of time.

In most cases since I am not a techy person by any means I would just let it ride but this account has tons of fb, 100, great DSRs, power seller, top rated etc etc.

They tossed everything at me and I was able to respond to every single demand.

The demands were far more then anything I have ever read here and I was able to get it back and now ready to move on to making a stack of BluntzCASH.

Never give up, this story is a great one and very inspiring to read.

But I wanted to let people know that pp can be beaten.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sandy D For This Useful Post:
freedomplz (02-08-2012)
Old 09-25-2011

It's all how you play the game. Patience, and positive attitude will make you more sucessfull then any other trait.
Old 10-03-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Well done Sandy_D.
Old 05-24-2012

Longevity: 88%

Good Info, thanks for the share.
Should be always be polite when dealing with situations like this and you never know what happens
Old 09-17-2012

Longevity: 80%

Yes, I sell vero and I get every account limited but 90% of the time I can always get them restored with 24hrs. Just make sure I have everything they ask for and feign ignorance to the whole situation while cooperating 100%. It can be done
Old 09-17-2012

Longevity: 78%

Easy to say provide them with what they want...... tell me how i shld provide them with a valid SSN...........
Closed Thread