PayPal limited Permanently - after 180 days does PP really send you a check? YES. - Page 6 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%

Give it until tomorrow, as the 21st isn't really over - and if it's still being held, I'd give them another ring.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-21-2008

Longevity: 92%

Yeah just give them a few days, they wont rush for you. It's a bit like the tax office, quick enought o take money from you but when it comes to giving it back.
Old 07-21-2008

Longevity: 95%

ebayhateluv (or anyone who knows),

I have had limited accounts that have lapsed the 180 days, and have been able to do a bank withdrawal to get my money finally. But, the amounts were low (<$100) because I refunded all of the buyers whose product had not been sent out at the time of limitation. Also, I owed a fair amount of fees as well, much more than the $100. Here's my question:

If I wait the 180 days and have a larger balance being held (>$1,000), and owe Ebay fees on the account that yielded those payments (more than the Paypal balance), will I still be able to withdraw the money in 180 days?

I have not "linked" the accounts FROM WITHIN EBAY (that I know of), only added an "auction account" in Paypal (for the purpose of inserting Paypal logos and the such?). Also, I have never paid my fees WITH my Paypal account (or at all for that matter).

ebayhateluv? Modee? aspkin?

Thank for any help!
Old 07-29-2008

Longevity: 91%
Default Any problem getting Paypal funds after 6 months?

I have a Paypal account limited but it still can accept payments. I was wondering if anyone had problems collecting their money after the 180 day hold period? I don't necessarily need the money now and have some stuff I'd like to get rid of without having to worry about feedback since it's just going to get permanently limited anyway.

Also, I'm assuming I'm stuck here. I'm on the second limitation after getting past the 2 out of 3 one. This is the verify land line phone number, social security number, and then just phone number. I don't have a social security number for the name and the address is completely ⊗⊗⊗⊗ which means I can't verify the phone number or receive the letter they're sending. I'm not sure if I call if I can convince them to send the letter somewhere where I can get it, but even if I manage to do that I still would have to get around the social security number issue.

Anyway, any insight or experience would be appreciated.
Old 08-18-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantisinc View Post
If you have a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name, surely the cheque idea is out of the window?
You can also just sign the back of the check, then write Pay to the order of: [your name] then sign again, then deposit it in your own account. Been doing this since I was a kid.

:D
Old 08-18-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
Here's a good question for anyone who has experienced it. If you have been limited, and are experiencing the kind of limitation that freezes up your money (and no refunds allowed) anyway, and then on down the road you get permanently limited, does the 180 days start from the date of initial limitation, or moment of permanent limitation?

I believe it's 180 days from permanent limitation, but what if you go down with the equivalent of the Jack Dempsey/Gene Tunney infamous "slow count"? Then what?
It would seem from the many posts that I have read in this thread that it would apply to limited as well as permanently limited accounts. If anyone has had their claim denied because their account wasn't permanently limited please let us know!
Old 12-07-2008
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 2%

Has anyone figured this one out yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
Here's a good question for anyone who has experienced it. If you have been limited, and are experiencing the kind of limitation that freezes up your money (and no refunds allowed) anyway, and then on down the road you get permanently limited, does the 180 days start from the date of initial limitation, or moment of permanent limitation?

I believe it's 180 days from permanent limitation, but what if you go down with the equivalent of the Jack Dempsey/Gene Tunney infamous "slow count"? Then what?
Old 12-08-2008
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 2%

I'm surprised that none of the wizards of smart were able to answer this one by now
Old 12-11-2008
MU

Longevity: 92%

it would be the limited
Old 12-11-2008

Longevity: 89%
Default 180 days

The 180 days start from your LAST TRANSACTION not when they limited or totally blocked your account.
So check you last transaction, be it a recieved or sent payment, thats the date you need to go by, wait the 180 days and email them or phone them to remind them its been 180 days since your LAST TRANSACTION
Old 12-14-2008

Default 180 days hold, when does it begin???

EDIT: my thread was merged over here, i found my answer thanks!

Long story short, i try to bypass the SS# when my account got limited, but they woudlnt allow it. I spoke to them on the phone, and they said I have to wait 180 days to get my money.

I was wandering when does the 180 day hold begin? Will i receive another notice from paypal? It's already been three weeks.

Last edited by silkcru2438; 12-14-2008 at 02:38 AM.
Old 12-18-2008

Longevity: 95%

Has anyone had an account that has NOT received the money after 180 days? I'm particular interested in anyone who has done this with a very high balance. (5K+) Thanks!
Old 12-19-2008

i was supposed to receive a large payment above $6000 from epn yesterday but paypal was limited permanently due to what they call "high risk activities" anyone know why is that so? I had checked paypal limited the account at 1am and the epn earnings came in about half hour later at 1.30am. Anyone can advise as paypal does not want to give out any reasons.
Old 12-19-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

they probably dont have a real reason, which is why they hide behind that "confidentiality" crap... i would advise you to refund the epn and open up another merchant account to get that money .. 6 months is a long ways away from today
Old 12-19-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaw1800 View Post
they probably dont have a real reason, which is why they hide behind that "confidentiality" crap... i would advise you to refund the epn and open up another merchant account to get that money .. 6 months is a long ways away from today

problem is that money did not even get into the paypal account, I am afraid now to ask epn to send the money to another paypal as it might happen again, i am based outside of usa so I was thinking of getting a usa bank account to receive the money.
Old 12-19-2008
Executive [VIP]

are the epn people based in the US?
if so, and if you can get a US bank account, have them send you a check (if its ok with them) and just deposit it into the account
Old 12-20-2008

yes I think they are based in US, problem now is how do I get a US bank account as a foreigner.
Old 12-23-2008

Interesting, so after 180 days Paypal send the typical "you may withdraw your funds now" e-mail. But instead of saying basically that they have concluded that your account is at risk and you are indefinitely suspended, they said that since it has been 180 days you may withdraw funds..... BUT paypal still needs more time to decide what they want to do with my account.

Anyone ever get this before?. How long after this do they make a decision on your account..... if ever??
Old 12-23-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

^^^^ Not sure exactly what you mean?
My understanding is that paypal limits an account. You attempt to get the limitation removed. Sometimes this is successful, sadly sometimes not.After some time because paypal does nothing overnight,you usually get a' we find your business high risk' or 'we
hate your hair color' and the account becomes permanantly limited. Then that 180 days comes to play. Can not recall an account just having monies limited for 180 days without communication from paypal

Last edited by GreenBean; 12-23-2008 at 09:10 PM.
Old 12-23-2008
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzabreeze View Post
Interesting, so after 180 days Paypal send the typical "you may withdraw your funds now" e-mail. But instead of saying basically that they have concluded that your account is at risk and you are indefinitely suspended, they said that since it has been 180 days you may withdraw funds..... BUT paypal still needs more time to decide what they want to do with my account.

Anyone ever get this before?. How long after this do they make a decision on your account..... if ever??
Are you in the USA?.... I have no idea.
Are you in the Canada?.... I have no idea.
Are you in the Russia?.... I have no idea.
Are you in the Iceland?.... I have no idea.

Please add your location and your flag to your account here.
eBay/Paypal rules vari by country.
Go to your "User CP" and list your location.
This helps since eBay/Paypal Rules are different by country.
Thanks
Old 12-23-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayhateluv View Post
HI: Been through alot over the years..never this-
I'd be having a heart attack..
I run to the atm at 2,3 a.m. in my pjs and slippers to get $400...

LOL! OMG me too!

Every day the debit card max comes out without fail.

About the 180 day hold, they do give you your money but you have to request it after the 180 days are up.

If you don't go in and request it, your money will sit in there til kingdom come.

I was able to send mine to my bank account, you also have the option to request a check.
Old 12-24-2008

Added my flag. I'm in Canada .

As discussed in this thread I did received my money back after 180 days.... the majority of people on here are saying that although they do get there money back.... paypal bans them at the 180 day mark... Paypal said that I can withdraw funds AND although my account hasn't been banned... it is still limited untill they can conclude there research.

I just assumed that they would usually ban you right away after the 180 days..... OR put your again in good standing.... not for it to be semi-limited after you have been able to withdraw funds and 180 days has passed.
Closed Thread