question about giving new addresses for a new PayPal account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 05-23-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 69%
Default question about giving new addresses for a new PayPal account

Hi everyone, I know you have to use a completely new address when creating a new PayPal account if your old one was permanently limited. I just have a few questions:

1.) Can the new address be a P.O. Box or does it have to be a residential street address?

2.) If you're only using PayPal to buy items on ebay and you have to use a separate shipping address, if you try to use the one in your old limited account will they still pick up on it even if it's different from the main address you used to create the account? I'd rather still have items shipped to my house rather than the P.O. Box because I'd have limited transportation to pick them up.

3.) I've had my ebay account in excellent standing and still do, but I do know that when you go to pay for items you have to log into your PayPal account from ebay. Would it be better (or even possible) for me to create a whole new ebay account too or can I still keep the same one but just use the new PayPal account to pay?

4.) I've heard that it's better to use PayPal as a guest, but do they limit how much you can pay to buy your ebay items? One time I had called up and was told that it can only be used for a small amount, whereas if I have a lot of sellers to pay at once it can sometimes total $200-$300.

Please answer these questions for me if you can, thank you very much!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-26-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbuffi View Post
Hi everyone, I know you have to use a completely new address when creating a new PayPal account if your old one was permanently limited. I just have a few questions:

1.) Can the new address be a P.O. Box or does it have to be a residential street address?
You can have either. Been a change recently where USPS allows either a PO Box or street address. Sometimes it might depend on the mood of your local Post Master. My suggestion would to try another store.

Quote:
2.) If you're only using PayPal to buy items on ebay and you have to use a separate shipping address, if you try to use the one in your old limited account will they still pick up on it even if it's different from the main address you used to create the account? I'd rather still have items shipped to my house rather than the P.O. Box because I'd have limited transportation to pick them up.
Old addresses are 'detected' or picked up. My preference is to never link to anything suspended. Aim of being stealth is to be a new YOU . Further I would consider what I buy on ebay.Is it worth the drama/hassle of gettig something sent to your old suspended address? Probably not unless it is a lock of George Clooney's hair.I'm sure you get what I mean.

Quote:
3.) I've had my ebay account in excellent standing and still do, but I do know that when you go to pay for items you have to log into your PayPal account from ebay. Would it be better (or even possible) for me to create a whole new ebay account too or can I still keep the same one but just use the new PayPal account to pay?
You should not consider attaching another paypal to your ebay if there has been a limited paypal before. It's not recommended as a long term objective. You could look at another payment option whch would allow that ebay to still be used. Yes you could make a new stealth/paypal YOU

Quote:
4.) I've heard that it's better to use PayPal as a guest, but do they limit how much you can pay to buy your ebay items? One time I had called up and was told that it can only be used for a small amount, whereas if I have a lot of sellers to pay at once it can sometimes total $200-$300.
Please answer these questions for me if you can, thank you very much!
I've stopped using the guest option. The simple reason is that even THESE payments are checked by paypal & limits applied. Reason is everyone is doing the guest option to bypass a system. Starting to backfire badly.

Read this reply. Do feel free to pm me. We can discuss further what you might like to do.
Belated Welcome to the forum as well
nbuffi (05-27-2012)