How to Avoid PayPal Limitation - no way to avoid it until you provide social security - Page 5 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 07-13-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 80%
Default You don't really have to provide your ssn.

I agree with what most people are saying. PayPal runs software that checks for suspicious transactions. It doesn't matter if your account is one day or 3 years old. If their system sees that you don't have a SSN or other identification in file and are receiving big payments (i'd say $300+) your account is going to be limited sooner or later.

If you don't want to share your SSN with PayPal, there is a way to get your account back up and running by simply submitting other forms of ID like your driver's license and or passport if you are not a citizen of the U.S. Of course their system is not going to let you upload them just like that, you have to actually use a different method like submitting a PDF with all your stuff instead.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-13-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

@chaching. What nonsense. Documents do not need to be sent as PDF. Faxed documents are successful too.
Old 07-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
@chaching. What nonsense. Documents do not need to be sent as PDF. Faxed documents are successful too.
Yeah they are good too (if you don't mind waiting an extra day or two for processing), might as well send your documents by regular mail right?. ; )

PayPal has the tools to upload .pdf documents directly from the resolution center. I can't tell you exactly what's their file size limit but you have room to upload several documents. You can explain why you don't have a ssn and submit any form of ID.
Old 07-13-2010

Default Opening new account...

Ok if there is already a thread for this please dont me mean to me :>

My Ebay and Paypal Account were Limited and Suspended ...Because THEY SUCK :(

My friend who lives in Texas was telling me I could use her Ebay and paypal but she is afraid they will somehow link her to me and lock her up too...
(Im in fl.)

She offered to have her sister open up new ebay and paypal account in her name as well...
When I start receiving payments they will limit it Im sure, Will they just link the social and I.D to the name on paypal or will they need the social thats linked to the bank account?

Not sure what would work better...

Will ebay or paypal find it suspicious that someone from Fl is logging into an account based in TX.?

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Old 07-13-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyxjenn View Post
There are few concerns with your plans. And realistically, without a good handle on what you are doing, and more importantly why, you are going to end up burning all your friends accounts

The best thing you can do before you do any of the above is get the eBay Stealth Book and read it a couple times. Then come here and scan the forums. Getting new accounts running is very workable. But without a firm grasp on how and why it just turns out very short term
The Following User Says Thank You to pod For This Useful Post:
a311hanna (10-30-2012)
Old 07-19-2010

Cool Bogus Info To Appease Paypal

My paypal account was limited today, no surprise there. Been up and running on eBay and Paypal for about a month receiving and withdrawing maybe a total of $900. I tried to withdraw $240 today and I received a phone call from paypal. I answered but said the person they was looking for wasn't here and I was logged into the paypal account at the time. In the middle of printing shipping label for a customer, BOOM there is a problem. GO back to home page and I see the dreaded message: YOUR ACCOUNT IS LIMITED.

A bit of a nagging annoyance especially since this is my only source of income. Good news is I used a friends info so all of the personal info they are requesting can be provided. However, my problem is, the the SUPPLIER CONTACT INFO and the PROVIDE INVOICES requirements to lift limitation. I have everything else down to the SSN, but I have a question about the supplier and invoice info.

I sell knock off merchandise, and as a matter of fact it seems to be the only way to make money on eBay since every buyer is looking to get an outrageous deal. The market is so generic for DVD and video games its pathetic and I am part of the problem. Anyway, my wholesalers are known for knock-offs and such. They may have reputable sellers in their repertoire but I have never come across one. You've heard of tradetang and dhgate? I don't think I should use their invoices as that could be a potential problem, what do you think? How does one acquire @@@@ invoices for the items one is selling?

Please let me know. The products I have sold are South Park DVD sets, Slendertone Ab Belts, Instylers, and a host of other replicated DVD's. I'm sure someone here knows how to @@@@ invoices to show paypal.:-)

I hate both the eBay and Paypal entities.
Old 07-20-2010

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanguay View Post
how can i lift my $500 bank withdrawal limit? I can't give my ss# or i will be found out. Am i just stuck with using my pp debit card and paying the atm fees?

Thanks juan

nope you can avoid the fee by using chase bank they are the ones whi issue your card so the withdraw is free of charges
Old 07-20-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 87%

GreenBean and the above said it! Only time will tell you when you will have to provide a SSN. Period! So unless your PP name can match your SSN etc..., then transfering your money early, but safely, is the best option.
Old 07-23-2010
Nephilim

Longevity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardtobelegit View Post
My paypal account was limited today, no surprise there. Been up and running on eBay and Paypal for about a month receiving and withdrawing maybe a total of $900. I tried to withdraw $240 today and I received a phone call from paypal. I answered but said the person they was looking for wasn't here and I was logged into the paypal account at the time. In the middle of printing shipping label for a customer, BOOM there is a problem. GO back to home page and I see the dreaded message: YOUR ACCOUNT IS LIMITED.

A bit of a nagging annoyance especially since this is my only source of income. Good news is I used a friends info so all of the personal info they are requesting can be provided. However, my problem is, the the SUPPLIER CONTACT INFO and the PROVIDE INVOICES requirements to lift limitation. I have everything else down to the SSN, but I have a question about the supplier and invoice info.

I sell knock off merchandise, and as a matter of fact it seems to be the only way to make money on eBay since every buyer is looking to get an outrageous deal. The market is so generic for DVD and video games its pathetic and I am part of the problem. Anyway, my wholesalers are known for knock-offs and such. They may have reputable sellers in their repertoire but I have never come across one. You've heard of tradetang and dhgate? I don't think I should use their invoices as that could be a potential problem, what do you think? How does one acquire @@@@ invoices for the items one is selling?

Please let me know. The products I have sold are South Park DVD sets, Slendertone Ab Belts, Instylers, and a host of other replicated DVD's. I'm sure someone here knows how to @@@@ invoices to show paypal.:-)

I hate both the eBay and Paypal entities.
I sent them an invoice that I made that was used with the real info of the supplier that I get my items from. It lifted the limitation on my paypal, but not the ebay account. Ebay sent me a message saying that the supplier was not authorized in selling the item. Hopefully the new documents I sent them will lift the limitation.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
hardtobelegit (01-19-2011)
Old 07-23-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 87%

The bottom line is that you will have to provide a SSN, whether its now or next year.
According to Paypal, you may get limited for doing absolutely nothing....you can get limited for logging off for 8 months and doing nothing....you can get limited for recieving .25 cents....you can get limited for transfering $1.50 to your bank account....you may get limited for growing vine ripe red tomatoes in your back-yard, but not yet official....you may even get limited if memaw or pepaw passes away....you can get limited for not laughing at the movie Dumb and Dumber....you can get limited if you are not very attractive and/or have a mole on your face....but most importantley, you MAY be limited if you are from the U.S., UK, AUSTRALIA, CANADA or any other country that's printed on the World Map!

Anything goes!

Now fight back! Read the Forum! And sell more than you ever have to piss them off!

Good Luck!

Waterproof

Quote:
Originally Posted by thakid212 View Post
What can I do to Avoid being limited by paypal?

& what are somethings you can get limited for?
The Following User Says Thank You to waterproof For This Useful Post:
nemo (07-02-2011)
Old 09-23-2010

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine422 View Post
No, its more like after its used for a bit, its limitated if not instantly depending on how much money you are trying to withdraw. If you create an account today, accept about $500 plus , try to withdraw, chances are you will get limited. Forget trying to avoid it, just be prepared for it so it can speed up the process of getting the limitation removed.

It's will always be limited! Paypal has a limit on all accounts! If you go over $500 it is limited. It's no way of going around that. I think that Ebay has something to do with that!! Don't go over $500 unless you have Invoices that Paypal will accept. PDF is what they will accept from sellers.
Old 09-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncboinmco View Post
Hello everyone. I just got both my Paypal accounts suspended. They are wanting tons of information where I get my items from and proof of delivery. They removed my bank account and is asking for another.

How involved does this get?

What can I do? Its none of their business the information they are asking--I dont think and I have yet to get negative feedback.

Any advise is helpful.

thanks

As I told the other sellers. Did you go over $500 dollars? if so that is not good you need to now come up with your own invoices .. make sure it's PDF file! It needs to look professional
Old 09-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantisinc View Post
Main thing is to make sure you are verified before you take part in any selling/withdrawal activities. This will reduce your chance of limitation, but it's almost certain that at some point you will get limited anyway. So expect it.
That is not true. If you are consistent and never get any disputes.. don't go over $500 then you will decrease your chance of getting limited.
Old 09-23-2010

Default Vcc

I thought I was soooo clever, I set up @@@@ Paypal account with a Visa Gift Card, verified the 1234CODE, sold one eBay item, and then tried to move the money out immediately to a legit PP account --- the payment was immediately Held -- Under Review By Paypal ((because of the Visa Gift Card, probably)) AND the legit PP account got nuclear-bomb Limited! Drat. Lost $3.95 for the Visa Gift Card fee, $1.95 stuck inside a Paypal account, and lost a LEGIT PP account all at the same time. What do I try next?
Old 09-23-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Create your New Stealth Paypal Account,,,,Let it sit,,for about a Month,,,then use it to BUY,,for about a Month,,,then Sell Something small on Ebay,,Let the 21 Day hold (If one is Applied) Clear,,,Withdraw the Money to a BANK ACCOUNT,,,and keep Building,,,S L O W L Y !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nemo (07-02-2011)
Old 09-24-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatiana View Post
I thought I was soooo clever, I set up @@@@ Paypal account with a Visa Gift Card, verified the 1234CODE, sold one eBay item, and then tried to move the money out immediately to a legit PP account --- the payment was immediately Held -- Under Review By Paypal ((because of the Visa Gift Card, probably)) AND the legit PP account got nuclear-bomb Limited! Drat. Lost $3.95 for the Visa Gift Card fee, $1.95 stuck inside a Paypal account, and lost a LEGIT PP account all at the same time. What do I try next?
never transfer from new paypal to old paypal. That is a time bomb 98% of the times the legit account gets lost by assoication.

Read the forum consider the Stealth Book and pay attention Slapped's post abover mine
Old 12-20-2010

Does anyone know of a way to accept payments off 1 ebay account through multiple stealth paypal accounts? Apparently eBay is cool with me using my friends paypal account to accept payments, but what if I was to setup multiple "friend" accounts, would they eventually figure me out and ban? Im sure if there is a way to do this, someone would have posted it already so I guess I am right to assume the answer is no?
Old 12-21-2010

Longevity: 77%

I have just received the account limitation nightmare!
UK
£1800 in account...silly me

Never had any problems what-so-ever. 100% ebay feedback, suspension as a family members account was closed 5 years ago. Then came the claims!

I spoke to paypal last night and asked them if me stopping the right for ebay to take money from my account automatically, would affect my account with paypal. The man said it would have no effect and explained how to do it. Hour later...paypal limitation.
They want to see

1)Supplier contact details (fair nuff they want to make sure i actually have products to sell)
2)Postage certificate for a claim with paypal (ok!...scanned and uploaded, used paypal to print labels so they should have it on file?)
3)All outstanding cases resolved with ebay and paypal

The only reason i have cases on ebay is because ebay has suspended me. I had 1 open case prior to suspension which was awaiting her response.

These cases were opened within 1-3 days of ordering purely for the reason i was non-registered and they were worried. They are awaiting receipt, or let me put it differently, i am awaiting them to say they have received it before i can resolve the cases and remove my limiation!

all in all BE CAREFUL OF CANCELLING YOUR AGREEMENT TO PAY SELLER FEES AUTOMATICALLY. IT SEEMS THIS IS A TRIGGER FOR ACCOUNT LIMITATION
Old 12-24-2010

It seems to me this is the biggest issue.

My usa ebay account is now banned and I want start a new stealth ebay account in the USA but what's the point of opening a new paypal account if they will want in a very short time a SSN number, since I will do a large volume of sales. The SSN i have is connected to the banned account .

Great Site!
Old 01-21-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

There is no chance to withdraw thousands without being asked unless your wife owns PayPal =))
Old 01-30-2011

Longevity: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly387 View Post
I sell products that go from either $10 each to $15 each and my accounts have never been limited. I withdraw about $100 each and every day and have never had an account limited...Maybe if you are selling things over $100 or so, that might be the problem.

I also done this method and sell products up to $30 only. Selling limits is not a problem but rgearding the EU countries lift was added
Old 07-20-2011

A similar thing happened to me today, I logged into my paypal account and got a message saying:

'You have received £1,650 or more in total payments to your PayPal account in this calendar year and are therefore approaching our annual receiving limit of £1,900. PayPal is required by law to comply with European Union Anti-Money Laundering regulations by collecting information from customers when they receive more than £1,900 in total payments within a calendar year. Please go to the Resolution Centre for more information on what you need to do.'

I filled in all the details they asked for but they said the information doesn't match up, so now they want me to fax ID and Proof Of Address. Does anyone know if there is any way around this?
Also is there any way I can avoid the 1900 limit in future, do people know how to lift the limits before something like this happen, or will you always need documents in order to do so?