21 days hold question, please help - Page 9 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 80%
Send a message via Yahoo to imhim

They dint do that to me. As soon as I receive a payment that is being held, it gets released. (I used to ask every ebay buyer to give me positive feedback, to enable me to ship their goods, as I need to forward payment to my supplier).

It sometimes works, it sometimes doesnt... all depends on how the persons perceives the logic of it...

some will say NO I WILL NOT LEAVE YOU FEEDBACK, WHEN I HAVE NOT RECEIVED THE GOODS... so your pissed...

like what that guy said, LOWKEY, I might just do what he said... Send a letter, recorded, they sign for it, upon delivery I call Paypal... Then I tell them there delivery is coming after that or something feasible...
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-20-2010

Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasi_Mojo View Post
It would have been nice if you had searched for an existing thread to put this post in, rather than creating a new one.
You've been a member since March and you have not learned that yet?

Search on "21 day hold": http://www.aspkin.com/forums/search.php?searchid=116272
Heyy... don't worry just put the tracking number after you ship on paypal and then after the delivery confirms, you call paypal about your hold and tell them you check that your stuff has already delivered. They will release your money.
Try to call!
Old 07-05-2010

Default 21 Day Hold

I'm new here to this site. I too have gotten slapped with 21 day holds on ALL funds that I receive through my ebay sells. But I am sure to put tracking numbers on Ebay and on Paypal and The day it is delivered and showed as delivered I was told by a paypal representative/customer service rep. that i can call and the funds would be released immediately. That is what I have been doing...and the funds are released IMMEDIATELY...hope this helps. I also was told that once I have reached 100+ feedbacks on ebay...the hold will be lifted. I have 50_ feedbacks now...so I still have a while before this happens and I have a Business paypal account.
Old 07-06-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

@2003pinkpoodle! Welcome to the forum.
Dont trust 100% what a paypal staffer tells you. Certainly the holds tend to stop. But it's not a guarantee because it's paypal. Each account gets treated differently. Just a thumbs-up to help you
Old 07-07-2010

call or email paypal and you will get your cash. Now look if you sell a product ship 2-3day priorty mail and wait 3 days after delivery your good. Or 100 feedback and 20 dsr's your in the game this site is the bomb
Old 12-14-2010

Longevity: 78%
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
Come on people... really????

Send all buyers a "Thank You" letter via "Registered Mail".... this gives your a tracking number to give to PayPal, it requires signature confirmation, which gets your Payment Released in 24 hours. The money is then yours!

Transfer funds to a bank account, then send the item.

You get your money released in less than a week,, and you can have the item shipped & delivered within 10-14 days. Most buyers won't complain about a 10 day shipping time!

Add a 2-3 day eBay imposed handling time, and you're good to go!

All above seems good to me, but just some questions i have, What if you offer free postage like i do which i get cheaper by going to the post office, But as your money is held in paypal they force you to use there own services which, hey guess what.... they are the dearest postal prices there is, so thats one factor, the other factor is NOT EVERYONE LEAVES FEEDBACK, I have 100% gaurantee satisfaction on all my products i sell or your money back, which is why its fustrating when A. your dont see your money for 21 days, now I am being patient here, if 10 days have past after the transaction then im right to assume the buyer is satisfied and just forgot to leave feedback, So at the moment im borrowing money to pay for my materials i use to produce my items, postage through paypal is to dear which is killing my profit margins, and xmas is 11 days away arrrrrghhh, and guess what today ive reached 101 feedback on my new account, guess what, 21 day hold still there, and my DSR'S are all 4.5 and over ALL 79 OF THEM!, and guess what , STILL GOT THE 21 DAY HOLD!!!, WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING WRONG
Old 01-24-2011

Longevity: 77%
Default 21 day holds

even after some of my customers left + feedback paypal still held funds for 21 days. i think its just been happening the last several weeks.

they claim also 24hr after item delivered they release funds but im finding its more like 36 hours if then!

you can try to call them, but some will not feel comfortable.

they want to keep as much $ as possible to hold funds and make interest. they dont care if or when you get paid.
Old 02-25-2011

So there is no known way around the holds anymore?

Thanks

steve
Old 06-10-2011

Longevity: 74%

They have just started holding my payments,I had 105 feedback,not had any problems with buyers,dont sell vero or mulitiple items,nothing over £20 so i have no idea why this is happening,The account is only 3 months old so that could be it,
On another note my mother opened an account for me,up to now only sold about 20 items and paypal have phoned her twice in the last couple of weeks asking things like what goods have you sold recently and at what price as well as other random questions,she said it felt like they were trying to catch her out,Is this something paypal have started doing as in 5 years and 4 accounts they have never phoned me once.
Old 08-15-2011

Ok. I just got limited because dum me withdrew money twice within 1-2 weeks. I haven't had a problem in 8 months but all of a sudden it's limited. I did what they asked, I changed my password to a new one, I confirm my bank acct # and I added new security questions. Ok, the last one is confirm location. I submitted my invoice with my name address etc and 2 shipping labels confirming tracking info name date and addresses. What now? I work full time and use my office as my return address and a PO Box when I had it active. My phone number is not even active. Should I change my number now or is that suspicious to them? This is absolutely crazy. My question is: should I change my number now and also, what else should I submit as proof of location or just any advice at all on this. Thank you.
Old 08-15-2011

Longevity: 84%

You need a landline for that or what I've done in the past is open a mailbox, change the the address to the mailbox and have them mail you a pin.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jbluntz For This Useful Post:
TBellaWynn (08-16-2011), unkown5454 (08-16-2011)
Old 09-03-2011
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Woke up this morning and started doing my routine of checking all my accounts emails and 5 of my old accounts ( all 1 1/2 years old with good feedback ) now have the 21 day holds added to them as of today.

Did they just run through tons of accounts and do this all of a sudden?

Anyone else get brand new 21 day holds today?

I have a few others here and there but not 5 in one day.
Old 09-08-2011

Not sure how many of you tried to find an way around this 21 day hold by searching on google or yahoo, but i have. I searched around for about an hour nd a half. I found NOTHING. Maybe its hidden deep with fine print somewhere in some thread. Who knows
Old 09-08-2011
Executive [VIP]

I bet they have quite a few people at the FTC in their pockets...
Problem is a lot of people use eb/pp as primary income and are afraid the hammer will come down on them for complaining!

Best way to hurt them is to move your business. Maybe someone should start a ban ebay day... start some youtube stuff, get the press going and maybe when it hurts in the pockets something will be done.
Old 09-08-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,968 Times in 8,258 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Again, if you are able to, get your consumers to pay via other methods - While pp is "godlike", folx can be amenable to other solid options. 21 day hold is really tough to crack - only way is via slow and solid service.
Old 09-08-2011
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

My oldest account now has a 21 day hold.

Some of my newest accounts do not have any at all.

No rhyme or reason to what they are doing.
Old 09-25-2011

Longevity: 77%

What can I do to avoid payment holds?

Here are some things you can do:

If you sell on eBay, improve your Detailed Seller Ratings ( DSRs )scores

Avoid buyer disputes, claims, and chargebacks

If you have a buyer dispute, resolve it quickly

Process your orders right away and ship quickly using a service that provides tracking and delivery confirmation

Upload or save tracking information or Delivery Confirmation numbers
Communicate early and often with your buyers

Make sure you confirm the address and phone numbers associated with your PayPal account, and keep them up to date

Verify your account and keep your financial information (like bank account and credit card numbers and expiration) up to date
Old 10-14-2011

Longevity: 72%

Does anyone know how long will they resolve these things?

And then they asked me to change my name to Real Name (The Name i used to buy from EBAY). But after i've send them 2 photos (PHoto ID, Proof the name) to change my name -> they asked me to give them a reason why i want to change my name. What???????????? Are they kidding me??

--------------------------------------------------
Email from (11 Oct 2011)

Dear LuLu LuLu,

We have received your documents. Thank you for your cooperation.

But we are sorry that your account access limitation cannot be lifted at
this time. We need more information.

***To resolve your limitation effectively, please provide all the following
steps in one time by logging in resolution center. Please ensure the
document you providing is real and valid***

1.Complete Name Change. The documentation provided listed a different name
than the name registered on the PayPal account. To submit a name change
request:

(1). Click
entire link into the address bar.
(2). Log in your account and complete the form and click 'Continue'

--------------------------------------------------
Email from webform@intl.paypal.com (13 Oct 2011)
Dear LuLu LuLu,

Thank you for contacting PayPal with your concern.

If you want to change the name on your account, please reply us to confirm the new name that you want to be changed to and the reason why you want to change it.

Current first name:
Current last name:
New first name:
New last name:

If you need further assistance with your account issue, please feel free to contact us by email or by phone.

Thank you for choosing PayPal. Your satisfaction is important to us. We welcome your feedback and hope you recommend us to your friends and family.

Sincerely,
Nina
PayPal, an eBay Company
Copyright © 1999-2011 PayPal. All rights reserved.
Consumer advisory: PayPal Pte Ltd, the Holder of the PayPal™ payment service stored value facility, does not require the approval of the Monetary Authority of Singapore. Consumers (users) are advised to read the terms and conditions carefully.
Old 11-03-2011

Longevity: 72%
Default Limited account

Quote:
Originally Posted by myIonU View Post
this would make it very difficult to start new account. You would have to build their trust very slowly.

In my experience, they leave you alone if you have a lot of feedback and long time account
-----------
They just initiated this delay with my account. I have been selling a couple of years. Do not sell much. Am very conscientious, call, email, and send tracking info to buyers immediately.

The problem i believe w/my account is when i purchase items often they charge me twice, claiming i click pay twice, which i do not. The last time, last month I paid to have a camera serviced using the 'send' option on pp.

They claim that 3 minutes before this I transferred funds to my pp account which never never happened. One person in august after many phone calls when i purchased a 1399.00 bass guitar and was charged two times. (the 2nd time i get a 'insufficient funds in bank account', because in this account i only put in the amount necessary for the transaction.

When i told them i would not pay twice i was threatened w/a collection agency. Finally I spoke w/someone from finance who rectified it, and he said he saw that they were charging me two times.

Basically, i have had some contentious discussions w/them, and i feel this might be the reason why i have suddenly been put on this new limitation.

I have been advised when making a purchase to do it over the phone w/pp. This does not inspire confidence, and them claiming the onus is on me is irritating. I do not sell enough to warrant a merchant account however.
Old 03-29-2012

Longevity: 73%

My account has a 21 day hold on all payments. Does the 21 day hold still apply to money sent to you as a gift?
Old 03-29-2012

Longevity: 82%

my findings are ebay sales mostly get the 21 day holds ive never gotten a hold from a sale outside of ebay but thats not to say it couldnt happen
Old 03-29-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyboyswin View Post
My account has a 21 day hold on all payments. Does the 21 day hold still apply to money sent to you as a gift?
paypal can/does/will apply holds .

Each has a different definition.

I can confirm paypal puts a 'hold' on a gift transaction.

I had a hold for a donation made to a Charity ie a gift.

If you are thinking of doing 'gifts' as payments to avoid holds, try not to make a habit of it.

O a solid working paypal, transactions should be varied