21 days hold question, please help - Page 7 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoot2kill View Post
for any new ebay account paypal will most likely to hold any payments from ebay either small or large. As the account build feedback and time paypal will most likely to let $20-$30 transaction through with no hold.

Hope that helps.
would paypal be less strict, if instead of transfering to bank account, you use the paypal plugin(virtual debit card), to make purchases?

If so, do you recomend purchases less than $500, in order to reduce the chances of limitation?

Thanks.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-01-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Paypal will put a hold on ANY transaction. I see what you are trying to work out but if you use paypal especially on a new account this will happen. If you use paypal not linked to ebay or unverified this will happen.
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...ease-help.html
Go read this thread PLEASE. When you have read it ask questions again, if necessary
Old 01-01-2009

Longevity: 91%

they only time paypal hold my funds is when my accounts are less than 30 days old
Old 01-01-2009
Executive [VIP]

PayPal holds funds regardlessly, it is often random(ie: I've sold the same item twice, the first payment was held the second wasnt, and I recived holds even after the second sale).Amount doesn't matter either, although the higher the amount the more likely it is to be held.
I've had $5 transactions held, $50 transactions held..

I also think the "Payment Review" may search for brand names in the auction title, if so the payment is held.What PayPal is doing is pretty much ludacris(and another way to pay the bills for them,by holding your money they are ensuring a certain amount of money stays in their system, collectiong insurance of off millions of dollars.Find another merchant account that holds your money(besides CCNOW).

The solution: Get approved for a merchant account, If the buyer requests PayPal send the buyer an invoice from your PayPal.

Thats just based on my experience I am not stating the above to be concrete facts

Last edited by JamesYaBaoy; 01-01-2009 at 11:28 PM.
Old 01-01-2009
Executive [VIP]

^^^Well said ,James. Merchant accounts are far better options
Old 01-02-2009

Arrow

this is paypals policy on the 21 day hold

PayPal Policy for payment holds for eBay items

eBay and PayPal are working together to make it safer than ever to buy on eBay. One of the boldest steps we're taking is to identify transactions that pose the greatest risk of fraud and holding the payments from sellers for a period of time to help ensure that the transactions go smoothly.

If you have received more than 20 Detailed Seller Ratings (DSRs) in the past 12 months and your DSR average is 4.5 or higher, your payments will not be held.

What is a payment hold for an eBay item?
It is a hold that PayPal places on a payment you receive for an item you sold on eBay. The amounts held will be shown as "Pending" in your PayPal account. You still have access to all other funds in your PayPal account.

Why might my payments be held?
PayPal will hold payments in transactions where the vast majority of seller fraud occurs. Here are the most common instances in which a payment may be held:

* You are new to eBay and sell an item above £50
* You have a low feedback score and sell an item above £50
* More than 5% of your transactions result in dissatisfied buyers*
* You have a low Detailed Seller Rating (DSR)
* You have not received a significant amount of Detailed Seller Ratings
* You are listing your item in a higher-risk category

PayPal will not hold payments for eBay items if you meet the following criteria:

* You have been an eBay member for more than 6 months, and
* Your total Feedback score is greater than 100, and
* Fewer than 5% of your transactions result in dissatisfied buyers*

OR

* Your average DSR is greater than 4.5, and
* Your have received more than 20 DSRs in the last 12 months

What will happen if my payment is held?
If you receive a payment that is held by PayPal, the amounts held will show as "Pending" in a separate PayPal balance on your account page. You will still have access to all other funds in your PayPal account.

Your funds will immediately be released when one of the following occurs:

* The buyer leaves you positive feedback
* 21 days pass without a dispute, claim, chargeback, or reversal filed on the transaction

If you receive a dispute, claim, chargeback, or reversal on the transaction subject to the hold, PayPal may hold the payment in your Account until the matter is resolved, even if the claim, chargeback or reversal is made after the hold is released.

I am a new seller, will my money be held?
If you are a new seller and have a record of good performance, you will receive your payment instantly in the vast majority of cases.

Learn more about the PayPal policy on payment holds for eBay items.

* Buyer dissatisfaction percentage is measured by adding negative events as a percentage of your transactions. Negative events include negative & neutral Feedback, Detailed Seller Ratings scores of two or less, and Item Not Received or Significantly Not As Described disputes. Learn more about how your buyer dissatisfaction percentage is calculated.
Old 01-06-2009

Longevity: 90%

Do pp release the hold if item has been delivered, but you received negative fb.
Old 01-06-2009
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 28%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebay View Post
* Your average DSR is greater than 4.5, and
* Your have received more than 20 DSRs in the last 12 months

This part seems to be True! When I hit the 20 DSR score, so far nothing has been held by Paypal.
Old 01-06-2009

your account can be 30 days old with 20 feedbacks it doesn't have to be 12 months and you funds won't be held in the u.k
not sure about others
The Following User Says Thank You to ebay For This Useful Post:
jonathanmr (01-24-2009)
Old 01-13-2009
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyGotMeToo View Post
Nobody is asking you to post it here? Can we even chat about things without you jumping on your soap box and start preaching? After all this is a forum.
lol...no comment
Old 01-23-2009

Longevity: 89%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyGotMeToo View Post
This part seems to be True! When I hit the 20 DSR score, so far nothing has been held by Paypal.
Yeah, payments after your 20th DSR (4.5+ ave) are not held. But it will not release previous payments being held. For those, you still need to wait the 21 days or positive FB or DC.
Old 01-24-2009

and its not hard getting 20 feedbacks
Old 01-24-2009

Longevity: 97%

Thank you ebay! (the member, not the auction site!)
Old 01-30-2009
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 88%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here We Go Again View Post
I gave up... LOL

It has been published on more than 1 site on the net.
It just go to show how many people on here do not do any research before asking questions.
Yup! I just found it. Its out there. Look!
Old 03-29-2009

Longevity: 87%
Default 21 day hold question, please help

its a stupid policy, and it screwed me at a time when I needed the money the most. I lost my house! On top of that while I was waiting Paypal limited my account 2 weeks after I was laid off from my 9 to 5, and I sold a bunch of my belongings on ebay to pay the rent. After I put in the tracking for over 12 items they closed my account and are holding the funds for 6 months! No reason as to why!
Old 04-08-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts

same thing is happening to me. OP wants to know why it happens on some accounts and not others. My other accounts its hardly happened on and sell same types of items....

I know the 'trick' but am reluctant to do it too often to release money, as the regularity is suspicious to me, feel Im being watched

It cant be about vero or low feedback as my other accounts are in same league and dont get hit.

one UK account gets holds on EVERY vero and also SOME non-vero low priced items.

There must be something about that account that is flagged, what, if they were suspicious for linking etc, wouldnt they just ask for ID or phone?

Last edited by oompaloompa; 04-08-2009 at 03:55 AM.
Old 04-08-2009

Hmmm..could be one of the newer accounts? Paypal is known to be changing and modifying their rules all the time....Do you have on this particular $500 limit taken off yet? Silly question for someone with much experience, I know, but sometimes we may overlook the obvious....

Try to go to your settings and see if you did anything different, maybe used new type of cc, phone number company, certain bank account used that PP my frown upon now, etc.? It's hard to shuffle many accounts and memorize it all, but makes me think there is some info there PP considers high risk...See if you have done anything different when opening this Paypal as compared to your other accounts? The answer may be there...It would be interesting to find out why. .... Keep us posted girl...
Old 04-08-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts

Ive taken advice and think I know the reason, but I cant post here, sorry, too much detail.. experience Lyda, no Im still learning, and I have the memory of a canary, which doesnt help!!!

Last edited by oompaloompa; 04-08-2009 at 09:47 AM.
Old 09-10-2009

Longevity: 85%

i wonder did anyone encounter this, I have a few stealth paypal account which are relatively new. For this particular account 'A', I am being paid in USD - and received a 21 days hold for my first payment which was released already after the buyer had given me a + feedback. So I thought my funds won't get held up anymore since I've been cleared for the first time. However this isn't the case as some funds which subsequently came through were being held. (the transaction was around USD $50 ea). What puzzled me is on the other paypal account 'B', the funds I received in AUD were not held at all. Is there something that gotta do with the currency in which I received in?
Old 09-10-2009
Executive [VIP]

As in trying to find out if you should only receive payments in AU dollars or trying to find out how to avoid a hold?

imo, currency is not so much of an issue: item's value contributes to a large degree and age/length of time account has been operating. Bottom line is how you deal with the account including shipping promptly
Old 09-10-2009

Longevity: 85%

The item which I sold on both US and AU account are similar. Just don't understand why the USD funds got held up.
Old 09-11-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

Could be that PP is concerned about risk from the buyer end, not you as a seller. Perhaps some factor associated with the U.S. transaction triggered something that the AU transaction did not.
Closed Thread