Paypal Limited - only using account for Spotify - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 05-27-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 57%
Default Paypal Limited - only using account for Spotify

Hi I'm a new member and have tried to search the whole forum, but found no answer.

I established a US paypal account using an entropay VCC two years ago to enable me to subscribe Spotify Premium. This is because the entropay VCC can't be used directly in Spotify for payment. I send money from my VERIFIED NON-US Paypal account to my "Shadow" US paypal account every few months (about $70) to keep my account topped up to pay for Spotify. I also always access the US PP account using VPN IP masking. There has not been any problem until March 2014.

In March, I received an email on my US PP account with subject:
Important: We noticed unusual activity in your PayPal account.
Then I logged into my US PP and discovered that my account has been limited.
Why is my account access limited?

Your account access has been limited for the following reason(s):

(Your case ID for this reason is XXX)

We want to check with you to make sure that no one has logged in to your account without your permission.

Please take a moment to change your password and create new security questions. You should also take a look at your account information and recent transactions. Make sure that your account information (address, phone number, etc.) hasn't changed and that you recognize all of your recent transactions.

If you see a payment that you don't recognize, let us know by going to the Resolution Center. Click "Dispute a Transaction" to report an unauthorized transaction.

(Your case ID for this reason is XXX)
I tried to resolve it by changing my password and updating my security question, but I can't get ahead with the third required step: Confirm Identity. This is because I don't reside in the US nor I have SS number. I try to establish a new VCC plus getting a virtual US Phone number to activate location, but it didn't work. Nevertheless I was using my real name and real email address for the US PP account. I can give a proof of my real identity in a form of passport, but not my proof of residence in the US. I was not using the account for any trading or commercial activity at all. I use it simply to pay Spotify US account!

Two months later I got a reminder from Paypal:
Reminder: Your account will be limited until we hear from you

We emailed you a little while ago to ask for your help resolving an issue
with your PayPal account. Your account is still temporarily limited because
we haven't heard from you.
There's only $4 in the account and I can't resubscribe to my Spotify. Although the sum is very small, this is very annoying. I wonder what would be the best way to resolve this and how would this end? Would my $4 be released after 180 days and my account be normalized again?

And last question: Would this occasion of having a duplicate account cause me to be banned from Paypal - both for my US account and for my VERIFIED NON-US account?

Thank you very much and hope to get some insights from the experts here.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-27-2014
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%
Default Re: Paypal Limited - only using account for Spotify

I suggest letting that account go and creating a new one.. you don't have much invested in the account not to go with a stealth account.

Get eBay Stealth, read it and you'll be set.
Old 05-27-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 59%
Default Re: Paypal Limited - only using account for Spotify

You know what...you've got so much going on here...VCC's, VPN's, "shadow" paypal accounts, non-verified paypal accounts....it's no wonder something got you limited...if not just sending paypal to paypal (a no-no), non-verifed no less....I have found that the simpler I keep things, the less "loose ends" I have to snag on something. I would think "simplicity" next time you make a new paypal or eBay Stealth account.