Calls from Paypal. Due to Limitation? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 05-30-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 72%
Default Mysterious Calls from Paypal. Due to Limitation or NOT?

Call from Paypal (14029357733) Missed at 5/30/14 8:17 PM.
Account Limited Email Received at 5/30/14 8:22 PM.

Obviously, I missed the call. Paypal didn't leave a message either.
Right now I'm trying to backtrack; if I answered the call, would've it made any difference?
The account was limited 5 minutes from when the call was initiated..
According to other experience, which do you think came first?

I'm just wondering if this is just standard procedure when they find something "wrong" and that Paypal calls when your account is limited afterwards OR if it's something else I could've easily verified over the phone in prevention. I've noticed that every once in a while (at least once a month, randomly), one of my many accounts get mysteriously "limited" within' 24 hours after receiving a payment. I've usually kept a note that after 24 hours pass, I'm usually in the clear to go forward, but I'm wondering if these calls have any relation to this at all. It doesn't really make sense to me that some go through just fine and some don't.. Maybe because I don't answer the phone on time?

Weird theory, but want to see if I can get that validated by experienced members here. Thank you.

Last edited by exxomscp; 05-30-2014 at 08:06 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-30-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Default Re: Calls from Paypal. Due to Limitation?

Well what type of limitation is it?
Are they just asking for ID and proof of address?
Or are they asking you for EVERYTHING?
Old 05-30-2014
Threadstarter  

Photo ID, Bank Account Statement, Proof of Address, Provide Invoices, Provide Proof of SSN.

Limitation reason varies between,
"We need some more information about some of your recent sales."
"We need to confirm some of your account information."
Despite this, looks like they're asking for everything above.
I sell the same items successfully all the time, even with brand new accounts that go through just fine. It still seems very random.
Maybe I get just unlucky and step on a bad IP every now and then. Maybe because I had a GV number under the account?

Sometimes I am able to send refunds, sometimes it is disabled and I have to call up for manual action. However, this time I was able to send a refund to my buyer and apologized for the inconvenience. The account is pretty much toast anyway with this limitation, so I'm moving on, but wondering how to prevent these seemingly "random" limitations right after receiving a payment every now and then.

Last edited by exxomscp; 05-30-2014 at 08:49 PM.
Old 05-30-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Amount of funds related to the limitation might be an flag.

Are the accounts aged/verified/confirmed?

ANy other issues apart from unexpected limitation?

Were all of these GV phones on file accounts?

Man, I ask more questions than the polis.
Old 05-30-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Amount of funds related to the limitation might be an flag.

Are the accounts aged/verified/confirmed?

ANy other issues apart from unexpected limitation?

Were all of these GV phones on file accounts?

Man, I ask more questions than the polis.
Accounts don't necessarily have to be new in order for it to happen. I sort of age them on schedule now and count them as business costs in the longrun.. Conquered my fears and things are working like a well oiled machine, except for this small problem. Verified by VBA usually a couple weeks prior and Vanilla VCC is usually added for EB fees when I start listing. I use GV numbers regularly; they do seem to work on other accounts, so I'm not really sure if that has anything to do with that particularly.

When does it happen? A common factor; near the end of the month. ALWAYS. This has been going on for a few months, but I normally just move on..

No other issues on eBay other than unexpected limitation when it comes to Paypal. If it's gonna happen, it'll happen within' 24 hours of getting the payment. I think I would consider myself experienced in stealth, but I really have ZERO idea why this happens (other than stepping on a bad IP, unbeknowingst, or something of the sort). As I said before, I clear a majority of these per month (10 transactions this month spanned out across different accounts, last payment yesterday night got limited today), so I'm not even sure if the payment amount is a flag either.

Very strange. Still baffled by this.

Last edited by exxomscp; 05-30-2014 at 11:24 PM.
Old 05-31-2014

Longevity: 67%

I think answering that call could of saved the account 50/50 because they needed something outta you beforehand. Now I've learned from your experience if this was to happen to me
Old 06-09-2014

Longevity: 64%
Default Re: Mysterious Calls from Paypal. Due to Limitation or NOT?

Usually the pp call comes from some sort of scary activity and if you miss the call your dead. Once i see the ssn limit i quickly hit delete windows user and move on to a new acct im sure there are workarounds but none im interested in messing with
Old 06-09-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Answering the call MIGHT have avoided some issues but...given that you got hit with the full list of request...likely the account was in jeopardy from the start.
Old 06-09-2014
Threadstarter  

The "information requests" seem to vary very greatly. Got another one in relation to this topic I posted not too long ago. This one being relatively early in the month though:
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...-received.html

Weird. Not even too high to be counted as "scary." Cleared 4-5 transactions on separate accounts before I ran into this problem again. Either there's something wrong with my stealth information that I pick every so accounts or I think they're just preforming entirely random checks on transactions and account information that comes in. This, in conjunction with non-paying bidders, really just wastes up a little chunk of time I could be spending locking in transactions (really wish I could block 0 feedback bidders now who just bid snipe at the last minute). The account could be sitting for a bit, but then something like this comes up later when you finally get a payment. Sometimes I feel it just makes the entire process of building the account sort of in vain.

Last edited by exxomscp; 06-09-2014 at 05:17 PM.