eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Paypal Limited (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-limited/)
-   -   Can someone explain to me the angst against 21 day holds? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-limited/81491-can-someone-explain-me-angst-against-21-day-holds.html)

Omgoozle 01-06-2015 05:36 PM

Can someone explain to me the angst against 21 day holds?

One of the most popular posts on these forums is the recurring theme: "Ermigawd how do I get rid of this 21 day hold"

Can someone tell me why this is important? People say their "business models rely on it" or something but the only things I can think of that are reliant on less than 21 day fluidity is (A) dropshipping and (B) scamming; both of which are known to be bad ideas.

But there needs to be another reason right? Can someone take a moment to explain to me a situation where a 21-day hold is the end of the world?

dealagreeproceed 01-06-2015 05:47 PM

Re: Can someone explain to me the angst against 21 day holds?

:mad::mad::mad::thumb::noidea:

nearnu 01-06-2015 07:24 PM

I think its hard for people who do free shipping or are trying to sell more than they can afford to ship. Or they want to keep going buying more stock with the money they made. Or they have bills to pay and need the money. Some people are just trying to keep going and aren't big sellers like a lot of people on this forum.

MM78 01-06-2015 07:53 PM

I think all the people who cry about 21 day holds are those selling on their own websites, trying to invoice themselves from other paypals, and scammers. As most of us here are aware, the 21 day hold is really 21 days if you don't provide a tracking number.

JamesNorth101 01-06-2015 08:00 PM

I think a lot of the time its drop shippers.

21 days is annoying, but really if a business cannot handle a 21 days hold (and rarely is it actually 21 days, in the UK it is about 8 days) then the business model should be addressed.

Dmshark25 01-06-2015 08:10 PM

Everyone are in a hurry, maybe panicked if there original account has been shut down, or holds placed on an aged paypal account

I think it's just the fear of not knowing how to properly operate stealth and the worry of not having money to pay bills

But it takes time to learn everything , it's not something learned overnight, but if you take the time and learn than yea the holds are nothing , funds are available within 6-7 days for every sale for me

And once you have enough accounts going than you eventually can have funds becoming available everyday

I actually prefer selling on newer accounts with holds now, because once the holds are lifted is when they start manipulating traffic and listing visibility , so I make more on newer accounts with the same items than aged accounts

nearnu 01-06-2015 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dmshark25 (Post 628399)
Everyone are in a hurry, maybe panicked if there original account has been shut down, or holds placed on an aged paypal account

I think it's just the fear of not knowing how to properly operate stealth and the worry of not having money to pay bills

But it takes time to learn everything , it's not something learned overnight, but if you take the time and learn than yea the holds are nothing , funds are available within 6-7 days for every sale for me

And once you have enough accounts going than you eventually can have funds becoming available everyday

I actually prefer selling on newer accounts with holds now, because once the holds are lifted is when they start manipulating traffic and listing visibility , so I make more on newer accounts with the same items than aged accounts

Do you mind elaborating on the visibility manipulation?

JamesNorth101 01-06-2015 08:53 PM

eBay themselves bump you down the listings sometimes on older accounts.

nearnu 01-06-2015 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 (Post 628417)
eBay themselves bump you down the listings sometimes on older accounts.

So its better to use new accounts? I thought ebay put the people with the most feedback on the top of the lists?

JamesNorth101 01-06-2015 10:07 PM

It is a bit of a balancing act.

Very (and I mean very) broadly speaking...

Accounts years old with 1000's of feedback will rank high.

New account will rank high

Accounts a few months old with a dozen feedback will tend to rank lower.

Its far from exact though and their will be exceptions to the rules. Just fiddle with your listings until ou find what works for you

aking 01-06-2015 11:44 PM

I dont think any of us fully understands the algorithms used to calculate the visibility of listings and who's goes on the top.

Anyway, I'm not sure how the 21 hold thing is a big issue if your selling on eBay. All you have to do is upload the tracking # is funds are released in 3 days. Its not really rocket science. If you can't afford to wait 3 days for your money then something outside of ebay/Paypal is wrong.

I actually dont mind the holds b/c they keep new accounts safe and allows the seller to build an account without moving too fast. Its very easy to transfer money too fast once the holds are gone.

GreenBean 01-07-2015 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omgoozle (Post 628340)
One of the most popular posts on these forums is the recurring theme: "Ermigawd how do I get rid of this 21 day hold"

But there needs to be another reason right? Can someone take a moment to explain to me a situation where a 21-day hold is the end of the world?

Always the end of the world when a user belongs to the Clueless in ......(insert any city) and has no idea of having a working paypal account in the first place.

paypal is a total snob.

paypal wants accounts to appear OK within their framework.

Accounts not making that grade fail.

:rip:

yankee 01-07-2015 01:00 PM

One of my BIG accounts sales sucked in December. I sold more on some days in my home office and quite frankly, that is a joke in comparison.

That account has 99.8% positive feedback, zero negative feedback in the last nine months has several hundred items listed in a non saturated market and I could not find a single item listed a few minutes ago. Not to get into details but if in my home office can outsell a well polished machine ebay does NOT like big sellers. I have been saying this for a couple years.

RosieTosie 01-07-2015 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 628390)
I think all the people who cry about 21 day holds are those selling on their own websites, trying to invoice themselves from other paypals, and scammers. As most of us here are aware, the 21 day hold is really 21 days if you don't provide a tracking number.

For crying out loud MM78! Lots and lots of sellers on ebay sell items that are to cheap to pay for tracking on, sorry but that's the real world, not everyone sells expensive items!

nearnu 01-07-2015 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 628673)
One of my BIG accounts sales sucked in December. I sold more on some days in my home office and quite frankly, that is a joke in comparison.

That account has 99.8% positive feedback, zero negative feedback in the last nine months has several hundred items listed in a non saturated market and I could not find a single item listed a few minutes ago. Not to get into details but if in my home office can outsell a well polished machine ebay does NOT like big sellers. I have been saying this for a couple years.

Is the only way to deal with that to have return customers? I am not a big seller but as my fb grows it's a concern that this might happen.

yankee 01-07-2015 01:18 PM

Run multiple accounts.

trosky 01-07-2015 01:24 PM

It definitely sucks! We know most buyers don't go past the 1st page of results and there's only so many ebay can fit in there, they have to somehow fit both a new seller with no history and the listings of a few big seller that has 1000 listings in a broad category like toys, only way possible is to show them in different time periods, no other way on the math

yankee 01-07-2015 01:26 PM

Auctions is the solution but will not work for everyone or all the time.

yankee 01-07-2015 01:30 PM

Same category, BIGGGGER account $$$ wise but 1/3rd the listings, follows my exact ebay business model and has a good mix in search results because of auctions. This account runs a smaller ROI but makes up in velocity by 4-5X. I can find an item in every name brand we sell, more than half are auctions. The other account with only fixed price listings I could not find a single item.

And of course multiple accounts.

trosky 01-07-2015 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 628687)
Auctions is the solution but will not work for everyone or all the time.

Yeah but it must be items with demand, on most niches BIN is the only way to go to sell a few items a month, and maybe sprinkle some auctions starting a few bucks lower than BIN to get exposure.

yankee 01-07-2015 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trosky (Post 628691)
Yeah but it must be items with demand, on most niches BIN is the only way to go to sell a few items a month, and maybe sprinkle some auctions starting a few bucks lower than BIN to get exposure.

Auctions will not work for everyone or every item.

MM78 01-07-2015 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RosieTosie (Post 628680)
For crying out loud MM78! Lots and lots of sellers on ebay sell items that are to cheap to pay for tracking on

Yes, that's called a poor business plan where the seller never bothered to take into account all the cost involved. Every item I've ever sold, or looked into I did the math, the cost of the item, shipping cost, tracking number, hell even the cost of my gas is taken into account.

Now if these sellers you speak of never bothered to do the math then that is what I call "Piss poor planning".

Quote:

sorry but that's the real world, not everyone sells expensive items!
Expensive is a relative term, what someone considers expensive might not be to the next person.