Paypal limited - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 02-19-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
Default Paypal limited

Hi guys

My first post here.

Basically I had a legit account limited without any reason.

It's a UK business, everything is legit, account has been operating for 2+ years, $150k+ has gone through it, never had any problems.

One day I just received an email saying the account is limited. Tried to appeal to see what's going on and received a final message that my appeal was refused "because of certain activity that took place relating to your
account".

Tried to call them, they just recite the above and never even tell me why it happened.

The only thing I can think of is that I had a bit more refunds than before but nothing too significant I would say.

As for the money on the account, they said they will review the account every 30 days. Does it really happen? Or will I have to wait the full 180 days?

Thanks for the help.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-19-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Paypal limited

Welcome to the forums - I wouldnt keep hopes up for anything short of 180 days...that being said, if it's sooner...count it as a blessing.

Sorry to hear about your business
Old 02-19-2015
Threadstarter  

So there's no way to get the money back quicker?

I've read here that making a sob story to corporate might speed things up. Is that true?

thanks
Old 02-19-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 63%

Sometimes they do release money faster than the 180 days mark, but its pretty much upto PayPal if they choose to release the money or not.
Old 02-19-2015

Longevity: 56%

All my accounts cleared for withdrawal after 60 days. Two of which I sent 'sob' stories too, one of which I didnt.

The accounts get looked at every thirty days, and sometimes do a rolling withdrawal, so each month you will get a portion to withdraw.

If the account is truly legit, I would contact the Financial Ombudsmen immediately. This takes a few weeks, but I have heard great success stories of this with genuine accounts.

Either way, you wont get the money this week or next unfortunately, but you might be able to speed up the process with the above methods.

Good luck.
Old 02-19-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas66 View Post
As for the money on the account, they said they will review the account every 30 days. Does it really happen? Or will I have to wait the full 180 days?

Thanks for the help.
That offer has been made to some users whose funds are in a limited accounts.

Some users have got their funds back. Others have not be lucky.

Outcome differs for every account.

Paypal are overdrawn on sob stories. Be aware of that in advance.
Old 02-19-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wired View Post
If the account is truly legit, I would contact the Financial Ombudsmen immediately. This takes a few weeks, but I have heard great success stories of this with genuine accounts.
What do they do exactly?

Making Paypal even more angry at this point would probably lead to waiting the full 180 days

Thanks for the advice everyone
Old 02-19-2015

Quote:
What do they do exactly?

Making Paypal even more angry at this point would probably lead to waiting the full 180 days

Thanks for the advice everyone
Call them and have a chat, they are really nice and they are now used to dealing with this with PayPal, ive had some great chats with the advisors there.

It wont make them 'angry' , and if your account is legit like you said, you will see it can gets sorted in six weeks.
Old 02-20-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums - time to learn stealth and apply it - 180 days way is the norm for limited accounts....in general
Old 02-20-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Welcome to the forums - I wouldnt keep hopes up for anything short of 180 days...that being said, if it's sooner...count it as a blessing.

Sorry to hear about your business
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Welcome to the forums - time to learn stealth and apply it - 180 days way is the norm for limited accounts....in general

Well Done, you total doofus.

Glad you are making such a great effort to improve.

NOT working though.

Old 02-20-2015

Love it when two foreigners comment on UK issues.
Old 02-21-2015

Longevity: 54%

sometimes you can get monet next 45 days not 180 days , I got some email tell my paypal will limited 180 days but well after 45 days I got email withdraw from paypal .
Old 03-06-2015
Threadstarter  

Small update:

I was hoping for a small release after 30 days but Paypal disagrees.

They offered $0 to be released

I see some people getting lucky after 45 days though.

I guess it's time to contact Financial Ombudsmen.

Quote:
We're holding funds in reserve to cover any possible account liabilities because of your account limitation. We'll review your account on a monthly basis and will release your funds between 30 and 180 days.
Old 03-07-2015

Longevity: 55%

Quote:
Small update:

Good luck with the Ombusman who is in the pocket of the banks so can do zilch over anything to do with them, and as such are probably in cohorts with paypal to maybe a lesser extent as well. Hopefully you didn't really leave to much money in your paypal on a regular basis !
Old 03-07-2015

Quote:
Small update:

You very rarely get anything at 30 days. You will get the Reserve and release amounts and the release is normally empty.

You will probably see some at 60 days. Sometimes you will see the majority of it at 60 days depending on charge backs, refunds etc in the time elapsed.
Old 03-07-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieTosie View Post
Good luck with the Ombusman who is in the pocket of the banks so can do zilch over anything to do with them, and as such are probably in cohorts with paypal to maybe a lesser extent as well. Hopefully you didn't really leave to much money in your paypal on a regular basis !
Have you looked at the statistics of the cases rhe FO has won when tackling PayPal? Its actually much to the contrary of your statement.

I cant find the link, but the information is out there.

You can do a Freedom of Information request with the FO for all the cases and results statistics of cases with PayPal, which is what the user did on the forum i found the info.

But I do agree , never leave anything in there other than to cover a few returns etc. I made that mistake once
Old 03-07-2015

Quote:
Have you looked at the statistics of the cases rhe FO has won when tackling PayPal? Its actually much to the contrary of your statement.

You can do a Freedom of Information request with the FO for all the cases and results statistics of cases with PayPal, which is what the user did on the forum i found the info.

But I do agree , never leave anything in there other than to cover a few returns etc. I made that mistake once
To many people have left to much in their paypal only to find it is very much at risk if the get suspended and they suddenly have to face up to the reality of having to wait 180 days to have a chance of getting it back and people are increasingly being advised that there are no guarantees they will get it back at all.
Old 03-07-2015

Activity: 3%
Longevity: 68%

Quote:

FO is nothing but a front to show that "they" on "your side" if the banks or financial institution do any misbehavior, they "act at the middle man".. yeah what BS.

I mean if the FO were so great what about the Banks over charging customers, when they go over by 1gbp, what about the libor scandal? What about the PPI scandal? What about the latest bank of England scandal with Crash and cash? And hey the SFO are involved.. wow.. you seriously think anything going to happen? Of course not! Because the BANKS control the government and lobby the governments aggressively, and it's just for theatrical show.

You explain that the FO made cases and results against paypal, yes they will but what is the amount paypal is holding? 100gbp? If the amount is higher =>5000gbp paypal will not allow that money to release, to you even if they complain to the FO. They will make any excuse to the FO to hold on to that money because they want that usury % fee's remember.. and sometimes even report you to the authorities and take the money OUT of your account if you have a criminal case against your paypal account. This is what happens in the real world, and oh yes they can take money directly out of your paypal account even if is limited if you have a case against your account.

Last edited by jak; 03-07-2015 at 03:01 PM.
Old 03-09-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by jak View Post
FO is nothing but a front to show that "they" on "your side" if the banks or financial institution do any misbehavior, they "act at the middle man".. yeah what BS.

I mean if the FO were so great what about the Banks over charging customers, when they go over by 1gbp, what about the libor scandal? What about the PPI scandal? What about the latest bank of England scandal with Crash and cash? And hey the SFO are involved.. wow.. you seriously think anything going to happen? Of course not! Because the BANKS control the government and lobby the governments aggressively, and it's just for theatrical show.

You explain that the FO made cases and results against paypal, yes they will but what is the amount paypal is holding? 100gbp? If the amount is higher =>5000gbp paypal will not allow that money to release, to you even if they complain to the FO. They will make any excuse to the FO to hold on to that money because they want that usury % fee's remember.. and sometimes even report you to the authorities and take the money OUT of your account if you have a criminal case against your paypal account. This is what happens in the real world, and oh yes they can take money directly out of your paypal account even if is limited if you have a case against your account.
Lots of conspiracy theory there. You may have an element of truth, but we are not discussing those topics here.

Paypal can of course take money from limited accounts to cover refunds, charge backs, thats in the user agreement, so not entirely sure on your point?

The FO helped me and friends get over in total 21K released extremely quickly. That was in the 'real world' as you put it.

So I am not sure you are experienced in what you are talking about rather than merely speculating.
Old 03-09-2015

Conspiracy Theory wired!, what's going on in your brain if you think it's simply conspiracy theory?, you live in the UK therefore you know just as much as the rest of us that our government is currently made up of bankers who payrole no-one but themselves and their pals who are also from banking families, that's the way it is. Approach the Financial Ombudsmans Service as many times as you like, they will consider your case for months then simply say, they are sorry but they can do nothing especially if it concerns banks! And yes I do know what I am talking about with this having had first hand experience of how useless the FO really is.

So you and others got 21k back from paypal, certainly better than nothing, but in no way is it a measure of how much they will have swindled people out of.

Last edited by RosieTosie; 03-09-2015 at 05:27 PM.
Old 03-09-2015

Make multiple accounts and outsmart eBay and Paypal.
Old 03-10-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieTosie View Post
Conspiracy Theory wired!, what's going on in your brain if you think it's simply conspiracy theory?, you live in the UK therefore you know just as much as the rest of us that our government is currently made up of bankers who payrole no-one but themselves and their pals who are also from banking families, that's the way it is. Approach the Financial Ombudsmans Service as many times as you like, they will consider your case for months then simply say, they are sorry but they can do nothing especially if it concerns banks! And yes I do know what I am talking about with this having had first hand experience of how useless the FO really is.

So you and others got 21k back from paypal, certainly better than nothing, but in no way is it a measure of how much they will have swindled people out of.
I do believe I said 'you have an element of truth there', but this isnt the forum to discuss the government and what your opinions are on the system.

If you understand how to use the FO, then they will be helpful, as they where with me, and it took weeks, not months. Sounds you had a negative experience with them, sorry for that but mine and others where very successful.

Of course PayPal swindle millions out of people and their 'legal' tax evasion, I dont believe I made any comment to contrary?