Paypal requiring SSN# after I provided all the doc's, but... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 05-17-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%
Default Paypal requiring SSN# after I provided all the doc's, but...

Paypal is now looking for an SSN# even after I got doc's to submit. Since it's a stealth account,

My question is:

Is it okay to enter a SSN# belonging to another person with the same name?

I did some research and found pages with SSN# with the same name as the Stealth eBay acount.

Also, assuming that it's not going to work, I will be attaching another Paypal account to my current stealth eBay while I wait the 180 days for the limited PP account to clear. Has anyone have experiences like this? How does PP check SSN#'s?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-17-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%
Default Re: Paypal requiring SSN# after I provided all the doc's, but...

My question is:

NO! Not unless you want a free vacation at Club Fed!

I did some research and found pages with SSN# with the same name as the Stealth eBay acount.

I am aware that some people sell accounts with an SSN attached, but it is considered identity theft. You DO NOT have to resort to this to get back on eBay!

Also, assuming that it's not going to work, I will be attaching another Paypal account to my current stealth eBay while I wait the 180 days for the limited PP account to clear. Has anyone have experiences like this? How does PP check SSN#'s?

This won't work either. Once your eBay or PayPal accounts get burned, you cannot simply attach a new account and continue. You will get shut down.

PayPal can check SSN's in two ways. If they want to verify your identity, they will check with a credit bureau, most likely Experian. If it is just for tax purposes, then they send a request to the IRS to be sure that your name matches the name on file for the SSN. The IRS does not give them any other information, they just provide a "match" or "no match" response.
Old 05-17-2015
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 52%

Then if there's no way to fix the SSN#, then I will attach another stealth Paypal until the funds get released, from my understanding, the 180 days starts as soon as my account is limited, correct? I have about 1k in there, so should I withdrawal it all at once, once the 180 days has passed? Thanks,
Old 05-18-2015

Longevity: 65%

I am sure that can only work if you login to ebay and unlink the paypal account on it and link a new paypal account. But I am not sure that is going to be possible.
Old 05-18-2015

Longevity: 54%

Not going to work. Period. I dont know why everyone thinks they can just link another paypal because theres got limited. They arent stupid, no matter how much they pretend to be.
Old 05-18-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennnnn. View Post
This isn't "Identity Theft" forum, it's Stealth Forum, at what point did you think it was to put an SSN that doesn't belong to you?

Quote:
Now that's a bit concerning, are you into identity theft?

Quote:
Also, assuming that it's not going to work, I will be attaching another Paypal my current stealth eBay while I wait the 180 days for the limited PP account to clear.
No clue where you heard that attaching a new PayPal will work but the new PayPal will get limited really quick.

Quote:
Has anyone have experiences like this? How does PP check SSN#'s?
I doubt most people are into Identity theft, might want to go find a forum that can help you with that. PayPal sends a request to the Social Security Office asking them if the SSN matches the name you gave PayPal upon registering.
Old 05-19-2015

Longevity: 53%

wow, just wow

people, please stay away from other peoples ss