Trying to open new Paypal account asking for ssn - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 07-04-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
Unhappy Trying to open new Paypal account asking for ssn

I was indefinatley suspended from Ebay about 1 1/2 years ago and just found out about going stealth a couple of weeks ago. I subscribed to "Hidemyass" got ccleaner to delete cookies, new address, name, phone number and bank accounts, signed up with Ebay no problem but Paypal has been an ordeal. I had received my new checking account and debit card through Netspend where they gave me a metabank account. I entered in the account number with no problem, verified my phone number with not problem but tried to enter the debit card associated with my checking account and kept saying it was invalid. I called Paypal they wanted to know why I wanted to open and account, I told them for buying and selling on Ebay, then they wanted my SSN, I tried giving them my EIN number but said that wouldn't work, as they needed my SSN to prove who I was, they said if I didn't have that then my birth date, and former address. When I gave them my birthdate they said that this was for a different member. I really don't know how to proceed now. I haven't even sold anything on Ebay yet. So don't know why they would be asking for my SSN.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-09-2015

Longevity: 54%
Default Re: Trying to open new Paypal account asking for ssn

I dont know why you need to call them for make more problem , seem debitcard netspend not work with paypal you can try other card or just dont need it , paypal us verifed just bank enough , you can sell and receive money on ebay without card , card only when you need to buy something , try other vcc like vanilla card , call them if you meet hard problem not this one .
Old 07-09-2015

Longevity: 62%

Sounds like you are using techniques before this forum was created. All wrong.
Old 07-09-2015
Banned

Longevity: 52%

SSN is not required when you are just creating a personal account.
Old 07-09-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 19%
Longevity: 91%

Pretty much everything you were doing is wrong...
'Hidemyass' is a well known VPN service and all their IP addresses are blacklisted by ebay and paypal. Find a better IP solution.
Don't use your own bank account to begin with. Add a VBA (can be bought from seller in the seller section) to verify the paypal account and don't 'burn' your own bank accounts. Add your own bank account only AFTER the account is established and you know its working well. Also, using metabank is NOT a good idea as it is blacklisted with paypal. Go for a real bank account instead - plenty of those to choose from.
As for a credit card - just use any of a number of prepaid gift cards. Using netspend raised a red flag (not to mention the IP used and the bank accounts used...).
And NEVER offer your EIN before you absolutely have to do so. Those are not easy to obtain and 'burning' that piece of info is just a shame.
Opening an account with paypal is not complicated if you do it properly. Unfortunately you didn't even bother getting the stealth guide and reading up on how to things properly...
Buy the guide.
Study the guide.
Then spend the time researching everything you read in the guide.
Then you can try opening an account again.
By the way - don't bother using that ebay account. You opened it with an IP from HMA meaning its pretty much useless...
Old 07-09-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

HideMyAss is your problem. PayPal and other financial institutions do not like these types of services. They are cheap and are great for downloading movies and such, but most companies that have any type of security have a list of their IP addresses.

If you want to use a VPS or VPN you would be far better off getting one with a DEDICATED Static IP address from a smaller provider that is unknown to PayPal. HideMyAss is one step above TOR.

DON'T DESPAIR! A little over 5 years ago, when I stumbled upon this forum I got excited and bought the stealth guide. I read it very quickly and immediately rushed to set up an account that was almost instantly shut down. IT HAPPENS.

I went back and re-read the guide, made a list of everything I did on my first account and figured out what my mistakes were. I asked some questions on the forum and some very nice people helped me. My second account fared MUCH BETTER and lasted for a long time. Today, I have over 20 stealth accounts with eBay, PayPal and Amazon, plus my own website. I have spread out my risk so that eBay/PayPal/Amazon can NEVER AGAIN shut me down in one hissy fit.

You too will find success! But it takes time and patience. Re-read the guide, make a checklist of everything you are going to need, get it all together and then CALMLY and METHODICALLY create your next account. DO NOT LET FEAR PARALYZE YOU! Sometimes people rush into stealth, have one bad experience and are afraid to try again. Losing accounts is just a part of the game. We ALL lose accounts from time to time. It happens. We just continue moving forward, doing the best we can and then one day we are not only back to where we were, but INCREASING our sales and profits. There is no reason that you can't do it too.
Old 07-09-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by empirestate View Post
Well, generally speaking, you are correct. But the OP raised several red flags. PayPal can ask for your SSN at ANY TIME if they feel something is wrong. In the case of the OP she used a VPN service that is well-known to PayPal. She used a prepaid card which is known to cause problems. ANY card that has a Metabank bank account attached is going to cause problems.

PayPal saw all this and immediately knew something was not right. So they demanded her social security number for identity verification. It happens.
Old 07-09-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoyru View Post
I dont know why you need to call them for make more problem , seem debitcard netspend not work with paypal you can try other card or just dont need it , paypal us verifed just bank enough , you can sell and receive money on ebay without card , card only when you need to buy something , try other vcc like vanilla card , call them if you meet hard problem not this one .
Thank you. Since I have sent this post, everything has been working out fine so far. When I first opened a Paypal account back in 2005 think it was. Paypal had sent me out an ATM card and I assumed they were going to do the same thing again. But since understanding how this all works now I realized I don't need a card to sign up with Paypal. They must have had a glitch in their system as they have now accepted my Netspend Metabank bank account information and am now selling on Ebay again. Don't know for how long though.
Old 07-09-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
Sounds like you are using techniques before this forum was created. All wrong.
Yes I didn't even know I could get back on Ebay after being suspended about 1 1/2 years ago. I purchased an ebook through Kindle and followed the steps. and since writing this thread Paypal have now accepted my Metabank account and am now selling again on Ebay. Did not even know this forum existed. But it has been very helpful.
Old 07-09-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by empirestate View Post
Thank you. I do know that now since everyone has been very helpful. Paypal must have had a glitch in their system as they have now accepted my bank account information, and I am selling on Ebay again. Not sure for how long though.
Old 07-09-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by slokor View Post
Pretty much everything you were doing is wrong...
'Hidemyass' is a well known VPN service and all their IP addresses are blacklisted by ebay and paypal. Find a better IP solution.
Don't use your own bank account to begin with. Add a VBA (can be bought from seller in the seller section) to verify the paypal account and don't 'burn' your own bank accounts. Add your own bank account only AFTER the account is established and you know its working well. Also, using metabank is NOT a good idea as it is blacklisted with paypal. Go for a real bank account instead - plenty of those to choose from.
As for a credit card - just use any of a number of prepaid gift cards. Using netspend raised a red flag (not to mention the IP used and the bank accounts used...).
And NEVER offer your EIN before you absolutely have to do so. Those are not easy to obtain and 'burning' that piece of info is just a shame.
Opening an account with paypal is not complicated if you do it properly. Unfortunately you didn't even bother getting the stealth guide and reading up on how to things properly...
Buy the guide.
Study the guide.
By the way - don't bother using that ebay account. You opened it with an IP from HMA meaning its pretty much useless...
I wish I knew about eBay Stealth before I started to get bank on Ebay. I have been suspended for about 1 1/2 years now and just happened to find information about being able to get bank on Ebay last week. I watched youtube videos and bought and kindle book last week and followed it step by step with a new IP address, ccleaner to clean all cookies, new name, address, phone number, bank account, email.
There must have been a glitch in Paypal's system when I was entering in my bank information from Netspend Metabank. but Paypal have since approved my bank information and I am back selling on Ebay. I thought this was just to easy and am waiting to get a suspension email any day now. So far nothing.
Come pay day I will purchase eBay Stealth and have everything ready just incase that dreaded email comes again. Thank you again.
Old 07-09-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
Well, generally speaking, you are correct. But the OP raised several red flags. PayPal can ask for your SSN at ANY TIME if they feel something is wrong. In the case of the OP she used a VPN service that is well-known to PayPal. She used a prepaid card which is known to cause problems. ANY card that has a Metabank bank account attached is going to cause problems.

PayPal saw all this and immediately knew something was not right. So they demanded her social security number for identity verification. It happens.
Thanks, after my phone call to Paypal for some unknown reason my account was verified with Metabank and I have been back selling on Ebay. Do you think this was a glitch. I am buying eBay Stealth on pay day and read it carefully and be prepared. Thank you
Old 07-10-2015
Executive [VIP]

I'm really happy this worked out for you! Have you ever withdrawn from PayPal into Metabank? I'm asking because Metabank is known to NOT like mismatched names, although it DOES seem to work on certain cards - I have heard that the WalMart cards work, although I cannot verify that.

I always recommend the stealth guide. It can save you a lot of heartache in the future.

This very well COULD be a glitch. The problem with Metabank, as far as I know, has not been that PayPal would not accept the bank information, but that Metabank does not like deposits in mismatched names.
Old 07-10-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by slokor View Post
Buy the guide.
Study the guide.
Seriously, get the guide. It's not bull****. I've only been a member here for a month and I can attest that it works if you study and take your time.

Patience is key.
Old 07-10-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
...This very well COULD be a glitch...
I had the same 'glitch' happen yesterday with a new account. It wouldn't allow me to enter my checking account or cc numbers. And after about 10-15min of crying in a corner, I tried it all again and worked just fine.

Got my deposit amounts/withdraw code from pp today.