"Your transfer is delayed" - Page 7 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 10-22-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 38%
Default Re: "Your transfer is delayed"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRock View Post
I have 2 stealth accounts now with super high limits so im just working off the other account in the mean time.
How high is super-high?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-23-2017

Longevity: 42%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaystealth1974 View Post
How high is super-high?
well, scientifically speaking, if you want to get technical...

that high.
The Following User Says Thank You to iceman420 For This Useful Post:
dachilla (02-25-2018)
Old 10-23-2017

That's super-high!
The Following User Says Thank You to ebaystealth1974 For This Useful Post:
Lucynda (10-27-2017)
Old 10-23-2017

Longevity: 37%

New guy here, with an awesome first post.

Background:

Paypal confirmed account opened in Feb of 2007. No charge backs or cases over the lifetime of the account.

eBay account opened same month Feb of 2007. 100% positive feedback on eBay over the lifetime of the account.

Recently decided to offload some used Cannon camera equipment (Camera bodies and lenses) on eBay. All goes smoothly, all equipment bought either by auction winners or Buy it Now buyers. Total sales, just over $4,000.00

Let the money sit in my PayPal account until ALL items were delivered to buyers (with delivery confirmations linked to PayPal) so I assumed I was good to go to withdraw. Initiate my first withdrawal for $2000 and change, get the your transfer is delayed message. Receive the automated confirmation email from PayPal seconds later saying yada yada yada my money would be there in 1 business day. So, I naturally assume the delay message was a glitch. 4 days later my $2000 and change hit the bank.

Once the first withdrawal hits the bank, I initiate another withdrawal for $550 and change. Get the message that my transfer is delayed again. Seconds later, I receive the automated confirmation email from PayPal yada yada yada my money would be there in 1 business day. 3 days later my cash is in the bank.

I log into PayPal this morning, and yep, you guessed it, my account is limited. I've got close to $3100.00 locked in a 10 year old account, and I cant get a straight answer from anyone at PayPal. The PayPal Brand Risk Management Department, won't even respond to email requesting info on why they've deemed this action appropriate.

Just wanted to drop a data point, hopefully this BS doesn't happen to anyone else here... PayPal absolutely SUCKS!
Old 10-24-2017

Longevity: 39%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeniorChief5352 View Post

Background:

Paypal confirmed account opened in Feb of 2007. No charge backs or cases over the lifetime of the account.

eBay account opened same month Feb of 2007. 100% positive feedback on eBay over the lifetime of the account.

Recently decided to offload some used Cannon camera equipment (Camera bodies and lenses) on eBay. All goes smoothly, all equipment bought either by auction winners or Buy it Now buyers. Total sales, just over $4,000.00

Let the money sit in my PayPal account until ALL items were delivered to buyers (with delivery confirmations linked to PayPal) so I assumed I was good to go to withdraw. Initiate my first withdrawal for $2000 and change, get the your transfer is delayed message. Receive the automated confirmation email from PayPal seconds later saying yada yada yada my money would be there in 1 business day. So, I naturally assume the delay message was a glitch. 4 days later my $2000 and change hit the bank.

Once the first withdrawal hits the bank, I initiate another withdrawal for $550 and change. Get the message that my transfer is delayed again. Seconds later, I receive the automated confirmation email from PayPal yada yada yada my money would be there in 1 business day. 3 days later my cash is in the bank.

I log into PayPal this morning, and yep, you guessed it, my account is limited. I've got close to $3100.00 locked in a 10 year old account, and I cant get a straight answer from anyone at PayPal. The PayPal Brand Risk Management Department, won't even respond to email requesting info on why they've deemed this action appropriate.

Just wanted to drop a data point, hopefully this BS doesn't happen to anyone else here... PayPal absolutely SUCKS!
So sorry to hear, goes to show the thing PayPal hates the most, quick sales, electronics , big withdrawals, even on an old account. If you had a history of sales such as this I think you'd be fine. Good luck and thanks for sharing. I have 12k in limitation limbo rn too. How hard of a limitation is it ?
Old 10-24-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by jporter396 View Post
So sorry to hear, goes to show the thing PayPal hates the most, quick sales, electronics , big withdrawals, even on an old account. If you had a history of sales such as this I think you'd be fine. Good luck and thanks for sharing. I have 12k in limitation limbo rn too. How hard of a limitation is it ?
Got the red Exclamation message, saying "You can't use PayPal anymore."

Attempted to call CS that was like dealing with my ex wife. So, I emailed the PayPal Brand Risk Management Department, that got me nowhere as well. Basically they told me, we don't want your business, but we'll go ahead and hold onto your money for 180 days.

Thing that pisses me off most, both the PayPal and eBay accounts, are legit personal accounts. eBay account has no restrictions. PayPal on the other hand, can go eat a bag of d**ks. I've got an appointment to see my attorney to see if I have any legal recourse at all... I'm not holding my breath though.
Old 10-24-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 61%

^^^

makes sense, which is why you (and all of us) need to go stealth. Like it or not, Ebay does have somewhat of a monopoly, along with Amazon.
The Following User Says Thank You to glacier922 For This Useful Post:
SeniorChief5352 (10-24-2017)
Old 10-24-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by glacier922 View Post
^^^

makes sense, which is why you (and all of us) need to go stealth. Like it or not, Ebay does have somewhat of a monopoly, along with Amazon.
Agreed. I have now seen the light. Stealth is the only path forward that makes sense to me now.
Old 10-24-2017

Longevity: 39%

Quote:
Got the red Exclamation message, saying "You can't use PayPal anymore."

Attempted to call CS that was like dealing with my ex wife. So, I emailed the PayPal Brand Risk Management Department, that got me nowhere as well. Basically they told me, we don't want your business, but we'll go ahead and hold onto your money for 180 days.

Thing that pisses me off most, both the PayPal and eBay accounts, are legit personal accounts. eBay account has no restrictions. PayPal on the other hand, can go eat a bag of d**ks. I've got an appointment to see my attorney to see if I have any legal recourse at all... I'm not holding my breath though.
Not much an attorney could do, were all playing by PayPal rules, no other competitor so they can do what they will . You can file a bbb complaint and they'll respond within 2 weeks for sure. But they stand by their decision, bla bla bla bla. Nothing they can do. They don't care. Best to have tons of accounts. Live and learn. Good luck man!
The Following User Says Thank You to jporter396 For This Useful Post:
SeniorChief5352 (10-24-2017)
Old 10-24-2017

I'm guessing it had been pretty inactive for a while, until you sold all this Canon gear?
Old 10-24-2017

Quote:
I'm guessing it had been pretty inactive for a while, until you sold all this Canon gear?
About 3 months since my last activity. I guess I should have thought about that before selling 4k in a week... lol
Old 10-24-2017

Selling it wasn't the problem... your drastic change in withdrawal habits more than likely was!
Old 10-24-2017

Longevity: 40%

Quote:
How high is super-high?
Both accounts have 1000/25000 limits. I consider that super high because even in my hay day i was only doing about 22000-25000 a month in sales.

Its really more than i can sell anyways with a stealth account without really raising a few flags.

My transfer went threw fine on Monday. Im waiting to withdraw the rest.

Made 2 new stealth accounts this week just in case. Really happy all this is still working over 5 months later.
Old 10-24-2017

Good to hear it went through! Better safe than sorry, for sure!
Old 10-24-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%

Of course "Super High" would depend on your perspective.

1000/25000 is not really considered "Super High" as some of the sellers in the marketplace have accounts that can sell $100k and even $500,000 monthly.

The bottom line with PayPal is they don't give a rats a$$ about your limits with eBay. They are irrelevant to them.

The topic of this thread was mostly about the transfer delays imposed when taking out money. I have always suspected this security alert had something to do with selling on eBay as I don't see this message on any of my PayPal's that are NOT linked to eBay, and don't take in funds from sales.

The good news is that despite this message most of my transfers are completing within the specified time frame (1 business day) to Wells Fargo & BofA. It's still nerve wracking tho to see that big red exclamation point with "Your Transfer Is Delayed" on it.
Old 10-24-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickopedia View Post
I don't see this message on any of my PayPal's that are NOT linked to eBay, and don't take in funds from sales.
If they don't takes fund in from sales, where are the funds coming from?
Old 10-24-2017
Executive [VIP]

My accounts that are NOT seeing the transfer delayed message are personal accounts, they either get funds from P2P payments or direct invoice to customers paying for goods or services.

The other PP's receiving funds from ebay are the ones getting this message. Maybe it's their way of notifying you they MAY hold the payment longer if they want/need to. I dunno.

Usually anything with a big red exclaimation point on PayPal these days makes my heart skip a beat.
Old 10-27-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Had this on an account i would do friends transfers with. But, arrived fine
Old 10-27-2017

Longevity: 67%

Just happened to me also, but it's 48 hrs - on top of the god damn 3 days it takes to transfer to my bank!

Btw, I think it was triggered by paying off my ebay fees.
Old 10-27-2017
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:

Background:

When I read stories like this, this is where I have a problem with Paypal's system. How can an establish seller sell used camera equipment by auction, plays by the rules, and when we goes to transfer his earnings, he gets penalized. I don't get it at all. I just don't get it.

It's easy to say, have multiple accounts, but that really doesn't solve the problem when you can't even sell an item without even knowing if you will receive your money.
ebaystealth1974 (11-04-2017)
Old 11-02-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastrami_on_rye View Post
Just tried transferring funds to my bank account from one of my stealths and got this message:

"Your transfer is delayed" --- "For security reasons, we need a bit more time to review this transaction. This can take up to 24 hours, but we'll email you as soon as we have an update."

However, after that I got the usual email saying "your transfer request is processing"

Could this be a glitch? First time I've ever seen this message.

Anyone else?
I think you get that message if you try transferring after 7PM or on weekends.
Old 11-03-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinBuddha View Post
I think you get that message if you try transferring after 7PM or on weekends.
This is definitely not the case; time of day does not matter. I still get the "Your transfer is delayed" message during business hours on weekdays as well.

What I do know is it only appears on the PP accounts linked to and receiving funds from eBay.