Keeping the Balance Below $1,000 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Marketplace Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-05-2018
Envy's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 53
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 12%
iTrader: (0)
Default Keeping the Balance Below $1,000

On some stealth guides, it says keep the balance in your PayPal under $500, other guides say $1,000 or less or you will get limited. But I see people selling items worth $9,000 on stealth accounts? What is the most you can receive on the regular stealth account without it being limited? How can I increase the amount of money I can receive so I don't have to worry about being limited. I'm not talking about the 200 transaction $20,000 limit, but I've heard if you have $1,000+ sitting in your balance, PayPal will limit you.
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 01-05-2018
plumsake2's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 358
Thanks: 120
Thanked 178 Times in 126 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
iTrader: (14)
Default Re: Keeping the Balance Below $1,000

There's no magic number to avoid. Paypal doesn't automatically limit someone if they have $1000 sitting in their account.

I sell expensive items that range from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars per item. I am able to do that because I built up a trust with Paypal first.

You don't want to receive a $1000 payment on a brand new account because you haven't built up a positive reputation with Paypal yet. They don't know who you are, so they will place a limitation on your account to find out. But, if you spend some time receiving small payments - especially if you upload tracking and have no issues with buyers - then you'll reach a point where you can receive larger and larger payments.

After the 21 day holds is a pretty good rough time frame when you can start to increase the type of payments you receive.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-06-2018
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 40
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 21%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Keeping the Balance Below $1,000

Its basically don't keep more in there than you are comfortable losing, because a limitation can happen on any account at anytime.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-06-2018
Envy's Avatar
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 53
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 12%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Keeping the Balance Below $1,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumsake2 View Post
There's no magic number to avoid. Paypal doesn't automatically limit someone if they have $1000 sitting in their account.

I sell expensive items that range from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars per item. I am able to do that because I built up a trust with Paypal first.

You don't want to receive a $1000 payment on a brand new account because you haven't built up a positive reputation with Paypal yet. They don't know who you are, so they will place a limitation on your account to find out. But, if you spend some time receiving small payments - especially if you upload tracking and have no issues with buyers - then you'll reach a point where you can receive larger and larger payments.

After the 21 day holds is a pretty good rough time frame when you can start to increase the type of payments you receive.
When does the 21-day hold stop?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-06-2018
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,125
Thanks: 11
Thanked 749 Times in 577 Posts
Activity: 2%
Longevity: 62%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Keeping the Balance Below $1,000

Only a fool keeps $500+ in their PP account.

Unless $500 means nothing to you, clear that thing out!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-07-2018
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 270
Thanks: 0
Thanked 69 Times in 39 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 80%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Keeping the Balance Below $1,000

I always keep far more than $500 in my accounts simply because I'd like to be able to make large purchases without drawing from my credit card.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-07-2018
Envy's Avatar
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 53
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 12%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Keeping the Balance Below $1,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by mine View Post
I always keep far more than $500 in my accounts simply because I'd like to be able to make large purchases without drawing from my credit card.
We're talking about stealth accounts, not real accounts.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-07-2018
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,125
Thanks: 11
Thanked 749 Times in 577 Posts
Activity: 2%
Longevity: 62%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Keeping the Balance Below $1,000

Either way, it's foolish. They're almost as likely to close an account with your real name as a stealth account.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-08-2018
plumsake2's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 358
Thanks: 120
Thanked 178 Times in 126 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
iTrader: (14)
Default Re: Keeping the Balance Below $1,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post
When does the 21-day hold stop?
It depends on whether you're talking about payments from eBay sales, or just normal Paypal payments, because the requirements are slightly different. For eBay, the holds come off when: it's been 90 days since your first sale, you have at least $250 in sales, and 25 transactions. Once you've met all of the above, then the holds should be removed. Paypal occasionally will still hold payments if they consider it to be high risk.

But basically after 3 months of steadily receiving payments is a good, safe time to start receiving larger payments. Just try not to have sudden huge spikes in payments either in volume, or dollar amount.

It's also possible to use a credit card on a stealth account. You just need access to the stealth address, and have your credit card billing details match that.

Last edited by plumsake2; 01-08-2018 at 07:44 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-08-2018
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 57,942
Thanks: 4,602
Thanked 7,059 Times in 6,430 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 76%
iTrader: (7)
Default Re: Keeping the Balance Below $1,000

I keep about 3-5x the average sales price of an item worth in the PP account at all times to keep it "purring" so to speak.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-08-2018
alphaversa's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 250
Thanks: 25
Thanked 13 Times in 10 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Keeping the Balance Below $1,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumsake2 View Post
It depends on whether you're talking about payments from eBay sales, or just normal Paypal payments, because the requirements are slightly different. For eBay, the holds come off when: it's been 90 days since your first sale, you have at least $250 in sales, and 25 transactions. Once you've met all of the above, then the holds should be removed. Paypal occasionally will still hold payments if they consider it to be high risk.

But basically after 3 months of steadily receiving payments is a good, safe time to start receiving larger payments. Just try not to have sudden huge spikes in payments either in volume, or dollar amount.

It's also possible to use a credit card on a stealth account. You just need access to the stealth address, and have your credit card billing details match that.
Have you noticed the 90 day rule seems to be followed less and less lately? Lately under 60 for me.....
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-08-2018
Envy's Avatar
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 53
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 12%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Keeping the Balance Below $1,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaversa View Post
Have you noticed the 90 day rule seems to be followed less and less lately? Lately under 60 for me.....
Do they hold payments over $500 after the 90 day?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-09-2018
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,125
Thanks: 11
Thanked 749 Times in 577 Posts
Activity: 2%
Longevity: 62%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Keeping the Balance Below $1,000

Envy: that's not the way it works. You gave some other bad advice in another thread, why don't you read the Guide and do some work and get an idea what's going on before leading people down the wrong path?

I've drawn down large payment balances over a week or two to spread out the risk.

My average sale is about $20, I leave maybe $50-60 bucks in there to cover any unexpected charge-backs and I move the money from the bank account attached to PP to another account every day so there's no balance in my attached bank account.

If things go wrong, I can always get a visa gift card and attach it to my PP and use it to pay any refunds or other issues, but I'll do it on my terms, not PP's.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-09-2018
Envy's Avatar
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 53
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 12%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Keeping the Balance Below $1,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallis View Post
Envy: that's not the way it works. You gave some other bad advice in another thread, why don't you read the Guide and do some work and get an idea what's going on before leading people down the wrong path?

I've drawn down large payment balances over a week or two to spread out the risk.

My average sale is about $20, I leave maybe $50-60 bucks in there to cover any unexpected charge-backs and I move the money from the bank account attached to PP to another account every day so there's no balance in my attached bank account.

If things go wrong, I can always get a visa gift card and attach it to my PP and use it to pay any refunds or other issues, but I'll do it on my terms, not PP's.
I never give bad advice. Iíve dealt with stealth and PayPal for years. Anyways, you donít need to add a prepaid and all this other complex stuff youíre doing. The bots donít know you added a prepaid to cover any chargebacks... along with all that other extra stuff youíre doing. You get limited when you trigger their system.

Last edited by Envy; 01-09-2018 at 09:49 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-09-2018
plumsake2's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 358
Thanks: 120
Thanked 178 Times in 126 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
iTrader: (14)
Default Re: Keeping the Balance Below $1,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaversa View Post
Have you noticed the 90 day rule seems to be followed less and less lately? Lately under 60 for me.....
I haven't made any new accounts for personal use recently, but that sounds like good news!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post
Do they hold payments over $500 after the 90 day?
Once the holds come off, all payments should go to your balance instantly, but sometimes they will hold an unusually large payment if it's your first one. For example if you normally receive $10 per payment and then get a $1000 payment, that $1000 payment may be held.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-09-2018
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,125
Thanks: 11
Thanked 749 Times in 577 Posts
Activity: 2%
Longevity: 62%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Keeping the Balance Below $1,000

Originally Posted by Envy
Do they hold payments over $500 after the 90 day?


Yeah, I see all the experience you're bragging about.

You only get limited if people dispute friends and family payments. And when you do, it's usually a permanent limitation unless you have invoices and supplier info, etc... So you're safe receiving...

So very inaccurate in SO many ways.

When does the 21-day hold stop?

With all those years of 'experience' why don't you know this?

you donít need to add a prepaid and all this other complex stuff youíre doing. The bots donít know you added a prepaid...


The bots most certainly DO know it's a prepaid card. They have an entirely different series of numbers than a regular credit card. They're instantly recognizable as a prepaid card.

I never give bad advice. Iíve dealt with stealth and PayPal for years.

Okay. Got it.

Last edited by dallis; 01-09-2018 at 08:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dallis For This Useful Post:
Elliot (01-10-2018)
  #17  
Old 01-10-2018
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 181
Thanks: 46
Thanked 39 Times in 27 Posts
Activity: 20%
Longevity: 19%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Keeping the Balance Below $1,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallis View Post
Envy: that's not the way it works......

I know new members to this forum might be very experienced, but that's almost never the case.

The stealth guide is pretty much the basics that you NEED to understand, and the info in the forums are just gravy that help make your life easier with specific issues or to be more efficient- but the info you read in the forums is usually only as good as the member who posted it.

New members often come and present some really good questions (among all the regularly repeated ones) but I would never take advice or depend on the answers provided by someone who hasn't been here a long while with an established presence here. Major props to the members (Dallis) who take the time to patiently correct the misinformation brought here by overconfident newbies so that the forums stay an accurate and dependable source of information.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-20-2018
Envy's Avatar
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 53
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 12%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Keeping the Balance Below $1,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallis View Post
Originally Posted by Envy
Do they hold payments over $500 after the 90 day?


Yeah, I see all the experience you're bragging about.

You only get limited if people dispute friends and family payments. And when you do, it's usually a permanent limitation unless you have invoices and supplier info, etc... So you're safe receiving...

So very inaccurate in SO many ways.

When does the 21-day hold stop?

With all those years of 'experience' why don't you know this?

you donít need to add a prepaid and all this other complex stuff youíre doing. The bots donít know you added a prepaid...


The bots most certainly DO know it's a prepaid card. They have an entirely different series of numbers than a regular credit card. They're instantly recognizable as a prepaid card.

I never give bad advice. Iíve dealt with stealth and PayPal for years.

Okay. Got it.
First of all, what I post on other threads have absolutely nothing to do with this thread. Secondly, you don't specialize in what I specialize in... From my experience, I received hundred of large friends and family payments across multiple stealth accounts and don't get limited until someone disputes one as "item not received." It happens because PayPal thinks you're getting people to send money as personal payments to avoid holds/fees or to scam them so they can't get their money back. Also, it doesn't matter if you add a prepaid to show PayPal "just in case" someone charges back you have them covered, the bots don't understand that... All they know is suspicious activity, they don't care if you have them "covered" with a backup card...

And just because I'm asking questions about when 21-day holds are removed doesn't mean I'm inexperienced with PayPal. I'm trying to get an exact answer to when they're removed and what amounts I can received without getting another hold. There isn't a definite answer it seems, which is why I'm trying to get the median and conclude it from there. I never spent time building accounts to get out of the 21-day hold because I don't sell things on eBay and I sell virtual items and always want my payments instantly. I always get people to send it as personal payments. Sometimes people feel safer when they can send the payment through goods and services.

Last edited by Envy; 01-20-2018 at 10:27 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What to buy with paypal balance & sell in my country to turn balance into cash? mcmstar eBay & PayPal International 7 12-30-2016 11:54 AM
What info from IDs, PP is keeping ? vp.racer PayPal Talk 7 01-23-2016 06:25 PM
Keeping same IP address User220 IP Address 15 12-29-2015 04:16 PM
Keeping it Simple shadowsz eBay Tracking 5 10-04-2015 10:39 PM
PayPal Pending Balance & Negative Balance westcoast_d Subscriber Discussions 2 05-24-2012 02:01 PM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:32 PM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts