Good Bye PayPal!!! You will not be missed!!! - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 02-01-2018
Banned

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%
Default Re: Good Bye PayPal!!! You will not be missed!!!

PP will still be an option...so why worry?
The Following User Says Thank You to empirestate For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (02-01-2018)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-01-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

a pro I have thought of is that all those bank accounts that got burned on limited paypals in the past, did not get closed by us (mine are still running and pretty empty) so can be recycled if a new ebays needs creating.....

If it is anything like the amazon integrated system, it runs smooth and they do not ask for anything other than ID, but that is for amazon purposes, not to verify the bank attached...so I see no different legalities here, unless I am missing something...

The upside for me with paypal, was after a relatively short time, you could withdraw as much as you wanted and no holds......
TPS2016 (02-01-2018)
Old 02-01-2018
MU

Longevity: 82%

Aryen deposits into banks and verifies they are real.
Old 02-01-2018

Longevity: 37%

Its nothing to worry about for a while. It will take years or maybe even a decade. People are very lazy when it comes to change, So paypal will be here for a while.

Remember back in the days, if your old enough to remember, back in like 2000-2003 eBay had there own payment processor and they were trying to compete with paypal at the time. It eventually never caught on, and eBay just end up buying paypal. So lets see if the 2nd time is a charm?

I Never liked paypal, with increase competition lets see how this plays out.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to forcesteeler For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (02-01-2018), newjerseymax (02-08-2018), nickopedia (02-01-2018)
Old 02-01-2018

VERY IMPORTANT, READ:::::::

I'll just say this..."HISTORY REPEATS ITSELF."

Ask your self this: has any ebay or paypal updates ever helped sellers or stealth users? NO.

Every update is more and more bad news, and I can almost GUARANTEE this is bad news.

Also please do not say stupid things like "Adyen will rival PayPal."
That's as dumb as saying eBay will now use Apple Pay and give Apple billions in profits instead of paypal (it's own company).
I'll explain...Ebay owns PayPal, in fact more than 50% of PayPal profits comes from eBay. So eBay will not just dump PayPal (their own company) for another company (Adyen).

Adyen is a small company with few hundred million in profits, eBay will make it earn billionS (with an "s") in profits. Do you think eBay will just give Adyen billions in profits without asking for anything back? No.
Here is the scary thing, that no one has mentioned, and what has happened...eBay will own most of Adyen.

It's like this, say you do $1,000 a month in sales and it's just you, so you own 100% of your company. Say eBay comes along and says I can make you do $10,000 in sales, but you have to give me 80% of your company. Would you do it? Of course. 100% of $1,000 is $1,000 But 20% of $10,000 is $2,000.

If you give eBay or PayPal any piece of information (Bank, card, address, phone number, etc.) do you think it benefits you? No.
They store that information on their servers and will only use it against you to link you to past accounts!

It's like police when they arrest you and say "anything you say or do will be used against you". If you admit crime to cop they will use it against you.

The difference now is it's not just ebay/paypal, it's ebay/paypal/adyen. Also keep in mind Adyen is used on various other sites and apps, so if you get banned on one, you are gone for life on all platforms that uses either.

Also don't be stupid and upload same information from PayPal onto Adyen. All info on all 3 sites ebay/paypal/adyen will be in one database and all information will be used against you to link accounts.

Ebay/Paypal has a ruthless "we can do whatever we want" attitude and now that has passed onto Adyen and all the sites that accept that. It's like a dictatorship from another country that has now acquired your country.

And I haven't even got to the fact paypal is not a bank it's an electronic commerce (e-commerce) company. Adyen is a bank. Which means SSN will be required and public verification of identity.

Lastly, don't say PayPal will still be accepted. Ebay will make it very hard to accept PayPal and do various things to promote Adyen. PayPal will just become like skrill on ebay, it'll be accepted but if you say paypal only (like skrill only) very few will be interested.

Last edited by jackdanielsbtch; 02-01-2018 at 06:53 AM.
Old 02-01-2018

I just wanted to address and possibly shed some light on some things said by last poster @jackdanielsbtch . Just wanted to set a few things straight on FACT vs. FICTION vs. OPINION

"Ebay owns PayPal, in fact more than 50% of PayPal profits comes from eBay. So eBay will not just dump PayPal (their own company) for another company (Adyen)."

Actually, eBay does not own PayPal, and has not for several years now.

"Do you think eBay will just give Adyen billions in profits without asking for anything back? No.
Here is the scary thing, that no one has mentioned, and what has happened...eBay will own most of Adyen."

How are we to know ebay will own most of or any of Ayden? This seems VERY presumptuous to say at this point. It is merely noted as a partnership at the moment.

"Also don't be stupid and upload same information from PayPal onto Adyen. All info on all 3 sites ebay/paypal/adyen will be in one database and all information will be used against you to link accounts."

I personally highly doubt all three companies (specifically Ayden to PP and possibly PP to Ayden) will be shared. They have no ties, and are in fact rivals in the same field.

"And I haven't even got to the fact paypal is not a bank it's an electronic commerce (e-commerce) company. Adyen is a bank. Which means SSN will be required and public verification of identity."

This definitely needs to get cleared up/addressed. From what I can see, Ayden is merely a payment processor and NOT a bank. They were a startup company a few years ago.

"Lastly, don't say PayPal will still be accepted. Ebay will make it very hard to accept PayPal and do various things to promote Adyen. PayPal will just become like skrill on ebay, it'll be accepted but if you say paypal only (like skrill only) very few will be interested"

I think it is VERY presumptuous to say PP will be hardly be accepted on eBay. It's PayPal after - been around for a long time, in terms of ecommerce. Brand recognition goes a long way with consumers. ESPECIALLY when it comes to their money.

@jackdanielsbtch As much as I and I'm sure most users on here can appreciate your input, you most definitely need to be very sure and 100% rooted in fact when posting on here regarding such specific things, as some newer users might take what you say to be absolutes. Or just note that some things are your "opinion" opposed to hard facts. The more concrete knowledge we have on the forum, the better off we all are.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ernest2449 For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (02-01-2018), ebaymobster (02-01-2018), Gladiator (02-01-2018), newjerseymax (02-08-2018), nickopedia (02-01-2018)
Old 02-01-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%

eBay and PayPal have officialy split as far as ownership goes since 2015.

PayPal is not going anywhere. As the last poster " ernest2449" states, brand recognition goes a long way, and people are so used to using them they will continue to be accepted for the forseeable future. People are not so quick to change, and tend to use things that they are familiar, and feel comfortable with.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nickopedia For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (02-01-2018), newjerseymax (02-08-2018)
Old 02-01-2018
Banned

Paypal, please don't leave us....
How to clean photos
Best image resizer
The Following User Says Thank You to empirestate For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 62%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickopedia View Post
eBay and PayPal have officialy split as far as ownership goes since 2015.

PayPal is not going anywhere. As the last poster " ernest2449" states, brand recognition goes a long way, and people are so used to using them they will continue to be accepted for the forseeable future. People are not so quick to change, and tend to use things that they are familiar, and feel comfortable with.
Right, I don't think PP is going to disappear from the eBay platform, but it is the mandatory use of this Adyen backend payment processor that has me worried. So even if PP is still accepted, having to make my account conform to whatever requirements eBay places with their new payment system makes me uneasy.
Old 02-01-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernest2449 View Post
I just wanted to address and possibly shed some light on some things said by last poster @jackdanielsbtch . Just wanted to set a few things straight on FACT vs. FICTION vs. OPINION

"Ebay owns PayPal, in fact more than 50% of PayPal profits comes from eBay. So eBay will not just dump PayPal (their own company) for another company (Adyen)."

Actually, eBay does not own PayPal, and has not for several years now.

"Do you think eBay will just give Adyen billions in profits without asking for anything back? No.
Here is the scary thing, that no one has mentioned, and what has happened...eBay will own most of Adyen."

How are we to know ebay will own most of or any of Ayden? This seems VERY presumptuous to say at this point. It is merely noted as a partnership at the moment.

"Also don't be stupid and upload same information from PayPal onto Adyen. All info on all 3 sites ebay/paypal/adyen will be in one database and all information will be used against you to link accounts."

I personally highly doubt all three companies (specifically Ayden to PP and possibly PP to Ayden) will be shared. They have no ties, and are in fact rivals in the same field.

"And I haven't even got to the fact paypal is not a bank it's an electronic commerce (e-commerce) company. Adyen is a bank. Which means SSN will be required and public verification of identity."

This definitely needs to get cleared up/addressed. From what I can see, Ayden is merely a payment processor and NOT a bank. They were a startup company a few years ago.

"Lastly, don't say PayPal will still be accepted. Ebay will make it very hard to accept PayPal and do various things to promote Adyen. PayPal will just become like skrill on ebay, it'll be accepted but if you say paypal only (like skrill only) very few will be interested"

I think it is VERY presumptuous to say PP will be hardly be accepted on eBay. It's PayPal after - been around for a long time, in terms of ecommerce. Brand recognition goes a long way with consumers. ESPECIALLY when it comes to their money.

@jackdanielsbtch As much as I and I'm sure most users on here can appreciate your input, you most definitely need to be very sure and 100% rooted in fact when posting on here regarding such specific things, as some newer users might take what you say to be absolutes. Or just note that some things are your "opinion" opposed to hard facts. The more concrete knowledge we have on the forum, the better off we all are.

(1) ebay still owns paypal. yes it's two different companies, they split because one stock is going up and another is going down and the stock going down is dragging the stock going up down. since they split they need to do a few things different to be considered a "different" company. but at the end of the day ebay still owns paypal. if ebay didn't own paypal then who did it sell it to?
It's like a stealth user with two different accounts...two different names, two different VCC, two different selling limits etc etc; at the end of the day it's still the same person lol

(2) Adyen will be preferred on ebay starting this year and paypal will eventually be removed from ebay all together. so no more paypal on ebay.
"PayPal will remain a checkout option for EBay shoppers at least until July 2023, EBay said in a statement. Adyen will gradually take over processing EBay payments, beginning in North America this year and will process a majority of transactions in 2021."
Source: https://www.irishtimes.com/business/...dyen-1.3376737

(3) Ebay may not own most of Adyen but they will own a good portion.
"One would assume, then, that there’s a good chance that eBay is taking an equity stake in Adyen alongside the commercial agreement so it can benefit from the upside this will create. "
Source: https://www.recode.net/2018/1/31/169...ents-agreement

Even if eBay doesn't own most of Adyen, I am sure they would not agree to giving Adyen billions in profit unless they can use their hand and use the same ruthless "we can do whatever we want" policy.

(4) Adyen is a bank.
Source: https://www.adyen.com/blog/adyens-banking-license

Paypal is not a bank. In the USA paypal doesn't define as bank, some of the things like holding payments, banks in the USA can't. Adyen is dutch. The dutch banking system is completely different.
Basically you will have the worst of both worlds. You'll have the same paypal holds, but with the same banking verification (SSN and public data searches).

Again, read the first line of the most. History repeats itself. And ask yourself, has any paypal/ebay update helped sellers or stealth users? No.
Old 02-01-2018
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
Aryen deposits into banks and verifies they are real.
verifies what?

Your name? If Aryen verifies eBay account holder name matching bank account owner name, this means the end of stealth as we know.
Old 02-01-2018
Banned

eBay wised up, TIME TO ABANDON STEALTH...
How to clean photos
Best image resizer
Old 02-01-2018
MU

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquabats View Post
verifies what?

Your name? If Aryen verifies eBay account holder name matching bank account owner name, this means the end of stealth as we know.
They verify the account is real, no different than Paypal deposits.

Once again - Aryen is not that complicated and this isn't anything people who have been doing stealth on Etsy and Groupon haven't been dealing with for 1-2 years.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gladiator For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2018
MU

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdanielsbtch View Post
Paypal is not a bank. In the USA paypal doesn't define as bank, some of the things like holding payments, banks in the USA can't. Adyen is dutch. The dutch banking system is completely different.
Basically you will have the worst of both worlds. You'll have the same paypal holds, but with the same banking verification (SSN and public data searches).

Again, read the first line of the most. History repeats itself. And ask yourself, has any paypal/ebay update helped sellers or stealth users? No.
No. No. No. No. No.

Please stop. Adyen has been handling other platforms for several years and not a bit of that (bolded) is true. They do a single micro deposit to verify the account is real and all holds drop off in 5 days.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gladiator For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (02-01-2018), newjerseymax (02-08-2018), quizmaniac (02-04-2018)
Old 02-01-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdanielsbtch View Post
(1) ebay still owns paypal. yes it's two different companies, they split because one stock is going up and another is going down and the stock going down is dragging the stock going up down. since they split they need to do a few things different to be considered a "different" company. but at the end of the day ebay still owns paypal. if ebay didn't own paypal then who did it sell it to?

It's like a stealth user with two different accounts...two different names, two different VCC, two different selling limits etc etc; at the end of the day it's still the same person lol

(2) Adyen will be preferred on ebay starting this year and paypal will eventually be removed from ebay all together. so no more paypal on ebay.

"PayPal will remain a checkout option for EBay shoppers at least until July 2023, EBay said in a statement. Adyen will gradually take over processing EBay payments, beginning in North America this year and will process a majority of transactions in 2021."

Source: https://www.irishtimes.com/business/...dyen-1.3376737

(3) Ebay may not own most of Adyen but they will own a good portion.

"One would assume, then, that there’s a good chance that eBay is taking an equity stake in Adyen alongside the commercial agreement so it can benefit from the upside this will create. "

Source: https://www.recode.net/2018/1/31/169...ents-agreement

Even if eBay doesn't own most of Adyen, I am sure they would not agree to giving Adyen billions in profit unless they can use their hand and use the same ruthless "we can do whatever we want" policy.

(4) Adyen is a bank.

Source: https://www.adyen.com/blog/adyens-banking-license

Thanks for your input @jackdanielsbtch but I believe we will simply have to agree to disagree.

1. eBay does NOT still own PayPal. eBay didn't sell PP to anyone - PayPal and eBay simply split. You have to remember that PayPal was acquired by eBay - so PP was a standalone company BEFORE, and is a standalone company once again.

2. Ayden will be PREFERRED - but PP will not be removed. There is nothing concrete that says that PP will be removed. eBay is wise - and will not remove PP soon, or likely ever. Ayden will simply have more promotion and advertisement on eBay.

3. Per your own words, and the article, it is simply an assumption that eBay will have some stake in Ayden. Not fully or even partially own. Ayden does business with far too many other companies to be owned by eBay in my opinion.

4. Ayden might have a banking license in the Netherlands, but that (to the best of my knowledge) holds no weight in the US. They would have to jump through MANY MANY hoops.

@jackdanielsbtch I truly do not want to have a back and forth heated discussion/debate on this topic. I think it is fair to say that (along with @Gladiator and several other commenters), much of what you are saying is simply false. This is a big announcement and is still in the early stages, so let's just make sure we have the facts before we start spreading half truths
The Following User Says Thank You to ernest2449 For This Useful Post:
Gladiator (02-01-2018)
Old 02-01-2018

Longevity: 39%

well good luck with Adyen then, it is the most horrible CC processor I dealt with :(

but at least we have got some years until that happens, and probably PP won't be dumped altogether.
Old 02-01-2018
Banned

Longevity: 65%

all the people saying good riddens to PP and welcoming this new payment processor will probably regret that down the line and dearly miss PP very much like an old lover you used to fight alot with

(IF PP eventually disappears off EBY platform)
Old 02-03-2018

Longevity: 45%

So how will Elon Musk take us to Mars now !
Old 02-03-2018

Activity: 22%
Longevity: 85%

I wonder if Paypal still have plans to create their own nation.
Old 02-04-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 61%

Worse comes to worse, people can just pay with eBay thru PayPal, but the customer doesn't need a paypal acct to pay, they've been doing this like forever.
The Following User Says Thank You to glacier922 For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (02-04-2018)
Old 02-04-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 54%

DOn't really understand how ppl enslave themselves and their businesses to paypal all the years and now start missing it even tho it's not gone yet. ****'em! Sounds like Stockholm to me.
Old 02-04-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradd View Post
So how will Elon Musk take us to Mars now !
You can ride on his face