Paypal Small Claims Court - Page 5 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 05-04-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 23%
Default Re: Paypal Small Claims Court

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPS2016 View Post
I am currently in the middle of small claims court action on a non stealth account. Paypal are holding 1.5K of my money.
I have successfully taken paypal to court twice previously and it's VERY satisfying.

If anyone needs any assistance or is thinking of doing the same. Feel free to post in the thread beolw

hi I intend to take up to small claims court ,
People say they dont defend claim,is this correct ,I'm not bothered if they do .
But hoping once they receive claim form ,they will overturn their original decision.
Also could you advise which address you sent claims form to .
Regards rob
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-04-2020

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 92%
Longevity: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by raseiro View Post
Has anyone actually been able to collect from Paypal after winning in small claims court in the US? That's what I want to know. I can't sue them in CA as I am in MA so how would I collect if I won? They could just ignore the judgement. Like they ignored my Demand letter. And BBB complaint. F***S I really hate them and want them dead
you may win the dispute,but the court is not responsible to collect the money for you,you will have to do it yourself.
If he has a store,you can hire a sheriff to go to his store and repos enough of his merchandise and then hire an auctioneer to dispose them or you can keep it or sell them yourself.
In your case,Paypal does not have a store,you have to find a way to collect the money
Old 05-04-2020

Longevity: 28%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris161093 View Post
Hi I believe PayPal have legal rights to keep money for upto the 180 days 6 month I have had a look in to it and it seems thay are allowed
Correct and it's not viewed as unfair or anything by the courts
Old 05-04-2020

180 days= 6 months,buyers used their credit cards have 6 months to file a chargback,cross border transaction can be more than 6 months to a year
Old 05-04-2020

Longevity: 36%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venganza View Post
I am posting this reply to respond to byronius maximus's pm to me since the website won't let me reply back through pm.

Great question! Forgive me for not responding sooner - Just came back from a last-minute vacation. As to your question, that depends on what you've done yet. If you've only threatened to sue them over the phone for example, then of course they're gonna try to bluff you the way you described. It's only when you show you're serious and willing to fight to the bitter end is when they start to sweat and buckle.

After my initial BBB complaint against them over my own issue failed (BBB really is just paid protection for the public image of them and other crony capitalistic companies but that's another story) I had acted on my final words to them of taking the issue to court.

They had initially ignored those words until I just asked around and researched local consumer attorneys around my area. Upon finding a highly recommended one that offered free consulting, I took my case to him along with my documentation on my interactions with PayPal surrounding the issue. Afterwards, he was more than happy to help me type up what's called a legal "demand letter" basically giving PayPal the ultimatum to either seriously address my issue in 30 days or I'd be seeing them in court just as promised. And after it was finished, I had it officially sent from his office to PayPal's legal department.

And then just as predicted by the attorney I worked with (Like clockwork) PayPal had called me up only a few days after receiving the letter and caved.

I'd explain better but as I mentioned previously, I had just got back from vacation (Literally a few hours ago) and I'm the walking dead right now lol. But I hope this helps you. Please feel free to ask me more but I can't guarantee how fast I'll be able to respond - Been awfully busy lately. Good luck though against those scumbags and God's speed my friend. There needs to be more brave souls rising up against PayPal's business-as-usual BS. I'll be rooting for ya!
CONGRATS!

Was this with a stealth account, or an account in your name?
Old 05-04-2020

Longevity: 40%

you should let us see how the letter was written and who you had to send it to at paypal
Old 05-04-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by roclaire View Post
hi I intend to take up to small claims court ,
People say they dont defend claim,is this correct ,I'm not bothered if they do .
But hoping once they receive claim form ,they will overturn their original decision.
Also could you advise which address you sent claims form to .
Regards rob
Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth

Old 05-05-2020

Longevity: 25%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nelove View Post
you should let us see how the letter was written and who you had to send it to at paypal
nah you sound like you're working for the feds...
Old 05-05-2020

Longevity: 43%

It's great that you support people with paypal holds.

Stealth account owners may not be able to get this support, right?
Old 05-08-2020

Longevity: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiCoin View Post
nah you sound like you're working for the feds...
and you sound like a idiot.
The Following User Says Thank You to 0nelove For This Useful Post:
agent006140 (05-08-2020)
Old 03-04-2021

Longevity: 18%
Angry Re: Paypal Small Claims Court

PayPal limited and then closed my account they said because I violated the user agreement which I have no idea how I could have because the only transaction that ever happened with my account was $3,276 being deposited for unemployment. As soon as the money was deposited they limited my account. They then told me I had to wait 180 days before they would release my funds. Well I waited the 180 days and then had them send me a check through the mail. The check never arrived so I had them cancel the check and they said they had to do an investigation so it would take 3-5 business days before the money was returned to my account. The money showed up back in my account today so I called PayPal to have them transfer it into my regular bank account. Instead of them transferring it they told me that the funds were unavailable and that the only way they could give me any information as to why they were unavailable was if I took legal action. I've been waiting almost 8 months now for my money. My family is struggling really bad right now and we NEED this money. I would appreciate any help anyone could give me. I don't even know where to begin with this, I've been googling civil lawyers in my area but beyond that I have no idea what to do.
Old 03-06-2021

Longevity: 29%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggz300zx View Post
PayPal limited and then closed my account they said because I violated the user agreement which I have no idea how I could have because the only transaction that ever happened with my account was $3,276 being deposited for unemployment...
Is this your post as well only under a different user name?

https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal...y-owed-me.html
Old 03-06-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggz300zx View Post
PayPal limited and then closed my account they said because I violated the user agreement which I have no idea how I could have because the only transaction that ever happened with my account was $3,276 being deposited for unemployment. As soon as the money was deposited they limited my account. They then told me I had to wait 180 days before they would release my funds. Well I waited the 180 days and then had them send me a check through the mail. The check never arrived so I had them cancel the check and they said they had to do an investigation so it would take 3-5 business days before the money was returned to my account. The money showed up back in my account today so I called PayPal to have them transfer it into my regular bank account. Instead of them transferring it they told me that the funds were unavailable and that the only way they could give me any information as to why they were unavailable was if I took legal action. I've been waiting almost 8 months now for my money. My family is struggling really bad right now and we NEED this money. I would appreciate any help anyone could give me. I don't even know where to begin with this, I've been googling civil lawyers in my area but beyond that I have no idea what to do.
Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth

https://youtu.be/TLcuTISVs3s

Rough to hear about the situation but the 3276 being deposited for unemployment....why into paypal? Just clarifying
Old 08-16-2021

Longevity: 15%

sorry for the bump but it's relevant, i'm in the uk, using my fully verified non stealth PayPal, one year hold, have been using it for order food takeaways, small purchases of plane tickets, clothes etc, not a business account never sold anything. also use it to deposit to my bookie and withdraw my winnings. have done that several times with no issues

yday i won 10k gbp and withdrew it from my bookie, withdrew from PayPal and it hit me with a 24 hour delay- checked today and a minute after the delay was supposed to go through, declined and limited and 180 day hold on funds for violating aup policy. it is completely absurd and i want to take them to the small claims court. this is borderline fraud, i have not breached policies. they just want to keep the large sum of money for themselves

help gladly appreciated
Old 08-17-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by telltheking1 View Post
sorry for the bump but it's relevant, i'm in the uk, using my fully verified non stealth PayPal, one year hold, have been using it for order food takeaways, small purchases of plane tickets, clothes etc, not a business account never sold anything. also use it to deposit to my bookie and withdraw my winnings. have done that several times with no issues

yday i won 10k gbp and withdrew it from my bookie, withdrew from PayPal and it hit me with a 24 hour delay- checked today and a minute after the delay was supposed to go through, declined and limited and 180 day hold on funds for violating aup policy. it is completely absurd and i want to take them to the small claims court. this is borderline fraud, i have not breached policies. they just want to keep the large sum of money for themselves

help gladly appreciated

wow "180 day hold on funds for violating aup policy" actually means, after up to 180 days, they will just take the money for AUP violation. You should take them to court. Good luck!
Old 08-17-2021

Paypal has a list of AUP violation,check to see gambling is on the list.
Old 08-17-2021

Longevity: 36%

Quote:
Originally Posted by @NasterXchange View Post
wow "180 day hold on funds for violating aup policy" actually means, after up to 180 days, they will just take the money for AUP violation. You should take them to court. Good luck!
what he said. dont expect a thing. immediately look into options of small claims/court filings.