eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Sorry, we can't log you in. (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/118932-sorry-we-cant-log-you.html)

grant75 10-15-2018 03:21 AM

Re: Sorry, we can't log you in.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 (Post 949965)
May want to talk that theory over with a lawyer.... I think you will find that is still very illegal

Law is probably different in the UK since from what I understand PayPal IS a registered bank in the UK. In the US, they're just a money transmitter service. I would be interested to hear a lawyer's take on this though.

nickopedia 10-15-2018 06:57 AM

Using another person's details/identity such as their SSN is illegal and falls under identity theft. Period, end of story.

It doesn't matter if PayPal is a not a bank.

Aspkin forums does not condone this type of activity. If you have doubt about legality as it pertains to details in your account, best to seek proper legal advise.

aceko 10-17-2018 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grant75 (Post 949960)
I'm back with an update. I got the money released on both of my accounts. Here's what I did (cutting a long story short): I filed a Better Business Bureau complaint and a CFPB complaint against PayPal on these accounts. They responded to each asking for a bunch of documents to verify I was the owner of the account. On the first account, I bought docs on secondeyesolution to meet their request and sent them to the email they provided. I then had to open another complaint because they never released the money even after sending the docs. After that, the money was released. But took a long, long time to finally get the issue resolved (about 2 months total messing around with this).

On the second account, they asked for "business registration information" to verify I was the owner of the account. Which would have been impossible to provide since the business name on the account was obviously ⊗⊗⊗⊗. I actually only upgraded it to a business account because a PayPal representative told me to, that's another story. So I opened another complaint with a very long, angry message (because I was legitimately angry) about how I don't own a business so how can I possibly provide this among other things. Money was released after this but again took a very long time.

Hope this helps.

Edit: Spelling and grammar errors.

I'm glad you did successfully withdrawn your money.
I'm in the same situation as you and OP. They won't let me log in onto my account.
Maybe you can help me and others how to make a reasonable complaint over BBB and CFPB. I got $1600 stuck on PayPal since last June of this year.
Thanks for the share!

phaz0rz 10-17-2018 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grant75 (Post 949962)
A lot of stealth accounts I've bought from people have SSNs on them already. I don't think the intent for using them is to steal someone's identity though. It's generally just a place filler when PayPal asks for it, they provide a real looking one but not one for a specific person. This wouldn't be illegal since you're not stealing someone else's SSN. Using a specific person's SSN for the purpose of ID theft is completely different. PayPal is not a bank or a government organization so providing them with false information is not illegal. Violating their terms of service is not the same as violating the law.

I recommend you stop purchasing from whoever is selling you those accounts.

In this case it's illegal because it's tax fraud rather than identity theft. Maybe it's not illegal for you to give PP a false SSN, but it does become illegal when Paypal fills out a 1099K with the phake SSN you gave them and turns the 1099K over to the IRS, which is a government organization.

flyriver 10-17-2018 10:14 PM

I am confuse, op is "JENNY9091" but different users providing updates? OP never say they had misused a ssn on their account.

bugmyday 10-22-2018 02:11 PM

happened with me once though hard to find the reason but i think they detected it a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ account either they receive some complain etc

triplex 10-22-2018 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grant75 (Post 949962)
A lot of stealth accounts I've bought from people have SSNs on them already. I don't think the intent for using them is to steal someone's identity though. It's generally just a place filler when PayPal asks for it, they provide a real looking one but not one for a specific person. This wouldn't be illegal since you're not stealing someone else's SSN. Using a specific person's SSN for the purpose of ID theft is completely different. PayPal is not a bank or a government organization so providing them with false information is not illegal. Violating their terms of service is not the same as violating the law.

How can you provide a SSN to PayPal , that belongs to nobody and it looks real

grant75 12-03-2018 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickopedia (Post 949985)
Using another person's details/identity such as their SSN is illegal and falls under identity theft. Period, end of story.

It doesn't matter if PayPal is a not a bank.

Aspkin forums does not condone this type of activity. If you have doubt about legality as it pertains to details in your account, best to seek proper legal advise.

Show me one instance where someone got arrested for using a stealth PayPal account. Since the point of stealth is the info is not real and doesn't belong to you. That's how you don't get linked to the previous account. I can probably find at least 100 incidents online of people getting arrested for using ⊗⊗⊗⊗ paypal accounts to scam people. But no incidents where people got arrested for simply using an account in a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name without doing anything else nefarious with it. But as previously noted, I'm not a lawyer and I do not offer legal advice. Only my personal opinion.

Either way, getting back to the point of this thread, none of this should give PayPal the right to steal your funds. 2 wrongs don't make a right. Simply put, this practice of holding someone's funds with the intent to permanently deprive them of those funds is THEFT.

grant75 12-03-2018 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triplex (Post 951737)
How can you provide a SSN to PayPal , that belongs to nobody and it looks real

All I can tell you is some stealth accounts I've gotten do have SSN numbers with the info I get. How they get these numbers I don't know.

grant75 12-03-2018 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insomniamm (Post 938802)
when people saw SSN they will all go harsh. It is not my intention to have ssn attached. Now the ones without ssn also got into this problem. Looks like paypal is trying to keep the money for ever

^^^ this too. PayPal doesn't seem to care weather the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ account has an SSN on it or not. They lock accounts with or without an SSN and make it incredibly hard to get the money back.

grant75 12-03-2018 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aceko (Post 950503)
I'm glad you did successfully withdrawn your money.
I'm in the same situation as you and OP. They won't let me log in onto my account.
Maybe you can help me and others how to make a reasonable complaint over BBB and CFPB. I got $1600 stuck on PayPal since last June of this year.
Thanks for the share!

If you're still having this issue, all I said in my initial complaints was I'm locked out of my account and not able to log in, the 1-800 support is completely incompetent and provides no assistance whatsoever, my funds have already been held for 180 days and I got an email saying my funds were eligible for withdrawal, allow me access to my account so I can withdraw these funds. Whatever response you get to that complaint would probably dictate what your follow up would be.

Jonnydoe 12-03-2018 04:35 PM

As I know, using SSN or full info from other person in US and EU is a crime "theft identity", so people who do this can go to jail. Better to have a lot of stealth accs with completely ⊗⊗⊗⊗ info than few with stolen

joanashen 12-19-2018 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grant75 (Post 962130)
If you're still having this issue, all I said in my initial complaints was I'm locked out of my account and not able to log in, the 1-800 support is completely incompetent and provides no assistance whatsoever, my funds have already been held for 180 days and I got an email saying my funds were eligible for withdrawal, allow me access to my account so I can withdraw these funds. Whatever response you get to that complaint would probably dictate what your follow up would be.

do you have skype or telegram?

goldfever 12-13-2019 04:58 AM

Hi!

I have the same thing as the OP here. My account is self created (EU) with a completely ⊗⊗⊗⊗ info. It got limited upon the exceeding 2,5k euros limit. Never sent them documents.

I can not login. What can you suggest to get my money back? Is there any service on this forum?

rsot 12-13-2019 05:33 AM

Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth :thumb:

Check the marketplace and/or pm moderators/admins (purple names) for some guidance

@NasterXchange 02-07-2020 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goldfever (Post 1055004)
Hi!

I have the same thing as the OP here. My account is self created (EU) with a completely ⊗⊗⊗⊗ info. It got limited upon the exceeding 2,5k euros limit. Never sent them documents.

I can not login. What can you suggest to get my money back? Is there any service on this forum?

Most probably you won't able to get back the funds if you can't pass that verification.