Stealth 11 years now PP wants SS - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 07-29-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 60%
Default Re: Stealth 11 years now PP wants SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajunrook View Post
OK so something new is up. I have a six month account with about $3000 in sales, runs $4-500 a month. So for a year $5,000 since I opened in early March. Have purposely kept sales low so as not to provide a SSN as it was linked to banned paypal. So I just sold an item and logged on and they are asking for SSN. If I ignore and not sell over $8,000 for the year will the notification go away? If not I will have to open ANOTHER LLC and EIN
This is not new. If you collected that amount of money late in the year, say November and December, maybe you would not have gotten it. In all previous years the request resets sometime in January. You have multiple requests before it stops letting you collect more funds.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-31-2018

Longevity: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
You are talking about the most recent paypal data update. It has been this way for years and years and years now.

Last four the the EIN.. I use my own birthdate. If you upgrade any paypal to business at any time for several years now, this is required.

It is well proven to work by countless members for years.
Yankee, this is my case :

Account is about 3 years, start from PP personal account and upgrade to Business with EIN, but they still asked for SSN (i put last 4 digit EIN) + DOB.

Nothing happened until 2 days ago when i tried to withdraw (regular amount, nothing suspicious) - they asked me to RE-confirm my last 4 digit SSN + DOB, i put my last 4 last EIN + DOB and i got limited BUT i still can withdraw with lower amount.

I have a question, i plan to abandon this account but i have a feeling this account somehow linked to another account. What do you think Paypal will do if i totally abandon to this acc?

Thank You
Old 08-01-2018

Longevity: 33%

Camouflage....how much were you able to withdraw. This happened to me too but I haven't entered the last four and dob in yet because I don't want to get limited. Right now I am able to withdraw $199 or less a day...I'm assuming for 90 days. How much are you able to withdraw?
Old 08-01-2018

Also, Camouflage.....are you still able to receive payments from ebay buyers? Can you buy anything from anybody? Are you still able to print postage through ebay? Can you send money to anyone. What are your total limitations? I want to keep my Paypal and ebay account as it would take to much time to start over and can live with just a limitation of only getting $199 or less out every day but I need all the other functions to work. PLEASE someone answer what all this limitation entails.
Old 08-01-2018
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 53%
Longevity: 91%

Wait so you didn't bother to complete the creation of your account at all?
I meant you didn't follow all the steps in the eBay Stealth?

Because them asking for these info is pretty standard.
Old 08-01-2018

Longevity: 34%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
Wait so you didn't bother to complete the creation of your account at all?
I meant you didn't follow all the steps in the eBay Stealth?

Because them asking for these info is pretty standard.
This is happening AFTER the account creation. It doesn't matter if someone created an account and inputted a correct EIN/random numbers for social security

It happened to me on two accounts where the accounts where completed as recommended. I added a bank account and was able to withdraw just fine for months. On two separate days, two of my accounts asked me for this info as I was attempting to withdraw money. Instead of going to the final screen where one confirms the total amount and bank account that the money is going to, it took me to a screen where it asked for last four of social, address, and birthday.

What I believe is that paypal is asking for this information because they want to run your information through a public database. Since it won't match, people who are entering random numbers will be limited. The account is not a total waste because the April update did state that if paypal cannot verify who you are, you may only be able to withdraw funds from the account. Based on my experience, this limitation does not prevent you from making purchases or payments using a credit or debit card. You just can't use your paypal balance to pay for anything
The Following User Says Thank You to StealthGirl For This Useful Post:
kelly872 (08-01-2018)
Old 08-01-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly872 View Post
Also, Camouflage.....are you still able to receive payments from ebay buyers? Can you buy anything from anybody? Are you still able to print postage through ebay? Can you send money to anyone. What are your total limitations? I want to keep my Paypal and ebay account as it would take to much time to start over and can live with just a limitation of only getting $199 or less out every day but I need all the other functions to work. PLEASE someone answer what all this limitation entails.
You can easily find out if you can use your paypal balance to make purchases or send money. Go through the purchasing process wherever you want. At checkout, if you can use your paypal balance, it will give you the option of paying with that. if it doesn't give you that option then your limitation includes the inability to use your paypal funds for anything other than withdrawing. Based on my experience, you can still pay for stuff using a debit or credit card, or even a prepaid gift card.
kelly872 (08-01-2018)
Old 08-01-2018

I haven't entered the last four of the social or date of birth but can still receive payments from ebayers, pay for postage via ebay, send money for $200 or more to anyone and pay for goods and services using my balance but if I try to withdraw over $200 or try to withdraw more than once a day I get the message to fill in the info. I am trying to avoid getting that message again. I would think I am already limited since I can't withdraw more than $200 but don't know what will happen once I "must" fill in the info they want and ultimately get limited.
Old 08-01-2018

Another thing, it doesn't show anywhere that I am limited yet...not on resolution, or account limits, nor any notifications nor any emails. But I must be limited somehow since I can't withdraw more than $200 and can't withdraw more than once a day. Those are the only two limitations I have so far. Very curious to know what will happen with all other functions once I have to input the info and get limited. Will I still be able to ebay. Still be able to receive payments and pay for postage through paypal. I just want those two functions. I can live without sending money or paying for things. Anybody know the full limitations after limitation?
Old 08-01-2018

Quote:
I haven't entered the last four of the social or date of birth but can still receive payments from ebayers, pay for postage via ebay, send money for $200 or more to anyone and pay for goods and services using my balance but if I try to withdraw over $200 or try to withdraw more than once a day I get the message to fill in the info. I am trying to avoid getting that message again. I would think I am already limited since I can't withdraw more than $200 but don't know what will happen once I "must" fill in the info they want and ultimately get limited.
I would stick to withdraws for less than $200 and only once a day. If you've been getting this message anytime you try more than that then I'd avoid trying to do that for the next month or so. I would assume that paypal is asking for this information because the system is looking at your patterns and assuming that you will eventually hit $20k this year. This prompt is too new for anyone to really know what it means.
kelly872 (08-01-2018)
Old 08-01-2018

Quote:
Another thing, it doesn't show anywhere that I am limited yet...not on resolution, or account limits, nor any notifications nor any emails. But I must be limited somehow since I can't withdraw more than $200 and can't withdraw more than once a day. Those are the only two limitations I have so far. Very curious to know what will happen with all other functions once I have to input the info and get limited. Will I still be able to ebay. Still be able to receive payments and pay for postage through paypal. I just want those two functions. I can live without sending money or paying for things. Anybody know the full limitations after limitation?
If you enter random numbers then you will be limited right away. Paypal runs the information that you provide to them through a public database the moment you hit enter.

The limitation may or may not allow you to pay for things using you balance. I have seen both. The new update did state that your account MAY be prevented from making purchases with your balance if they cannot verify who you are. You would still be able to pay for things with a debt,credit, or visa/mc gift card. From what i've seen, purchases using a bank account aren't allowed with these limitations.

for what it's worth, if you were to call in right now, the rep would not be able to see any limitation, or at least that's what they say. They'd tell you that their security system can prevent accounts from temporarily being able to perform certain functions. They'd probably also make an attempt at verifying your info over the phone, so it's best just to leave it alone if the account is still allowing you to pay for items using the balance, receive payments and withdraw money
camouflage (08-03-2018)
Old 08-01-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Welcome to the forum kelly872.

Can you clarify if your PP has been verified with bank account and/or confirmed with credit card?
Old 08-01-2018

My business stealth paypal account which started out business not upgraded, was verified many many years ago on paypal with a real bank account and vanilla credit card. I've been doing business as usual for over a decade and now paypal is asking for last four of my SSN and DOB. The message basically stated that they are doing it to prevent fraud and in order to keep withdrawing I need to give them the info...which will fail the databases.
Old 08-03-2018

Longevity: 53%

Quote:
If i remember correctly its about $600++.
Yes i still able received payments from my buyer, but i just stop to sell with that account. No i dont try any of those (sending money, buy anything) i just withdraw 2 times without problem but the limitation is still there. And i dont have a plan to submit what they asked.
Old 08-03-2018

Are you saying that your limitation is $600 a month?
Old 08-03-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by camouflage View Post
Yankee, this is my case :

Account is about 3 years, start from PP personal account and upgrade to Business with EIN, but they still asked for SSN (i put last 4 digit EIN) + DOB.

Nothing happened until 2 days ago when i tried to withdraw (regular amount, nothing suspicious) - they asked me to RE-confirm my last 4 digit SSN + DOB, i put my last 4 last EIN + DOB and i got limited BUT i still can withdraw with lower amount.

I have a question, i plan to abandon this account but i have a feeling this account somehow linked to another account. What do you think Paypal will do if i totally abandon to this acc?

Thank You
every single one of mt accounts has had the request again this year that had an EIN. My two accounts with my SS had the request. My significant other had the request on her EIN account.
Old 08-03-2018

I have spent over a week trying to find this answer and Camouflage, you are the only one who I think can help me. After they asked for your last social and dob and it caused your limitation on your business account then what happened? Did they just limit you and what are your limitations? I don't understand what you mean by $600++. Also, are they asking for you to send even more proof. Thank you.