Paypal - Driving Licence number & verified number help pls - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 10-21-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 58%
Smile Paypal - Driving Licence number & verified number help pls

Hi,

I appear to be new, alas, I have been registered and reading for years...hello!

Right, many accounts later...limited for stupid reasons most of the prior accounts.

The main account I am currently using has been limited due to reaching the (over) £2500 identity/address verification mark.

Now, all is well...apart from - Does anybody know if Paypal actually check your driving licence number or not?

Plus - for my other limited accounts...the stupid reason ones mainly - I have about a grand scattered amongst them all...alas, not the 180 days have passed...and I try logging back in, Paypal is asking me to verify my account via registered mobile number. Problem is all bar 1 of these numbers have ended up expiring for one reason or another (me not using the number within 10 days - they get deleted) so how am I to go about getting back into these accounts? Any idea? And as for remembering any of the numbers (cannot check the numbers used once deleted) well.....w000sh! lol

Any ideas please?

Thank you,

PJ x
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-21-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,903 Times in 8,196 Posts
Activity: 97%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Paypal - Driving Licence number & verified number help pls

Hello there basslinebargains - I think the closest thing PP does with driving licence number is make sure it meets a "state algorithm" to make sure it's legit. There is no way the service can get real info without a subpoena....that's way too personal in my estimation
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
Brainbuster (10-22-2018)
Old 10-22-2018
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

They can do checks to see if what you are sending is seems legit or not.

You will have to call up if you're locked out and don't have access to the number. Have all your stealth info on hand as they may ask you some questions about your account before they let you in.
Old 10-22-2018
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 58%

Thank you for your replies.....

Locked out accounts - errr forgot what names I have used with a couple lol...will go through my old emails etc to tally them up! Thanks.

DL - Will pass algorithm ok...so...I will hope for the best and submit it...!

Wish me luck!

lol

PJ x
Old 10-22-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,194 Times in 3,993 Posts
Activity: 21%
Longevity: 63%

While looking for the names you want to have a look for the DOB as well as they are going to want that

I would look at the DOB you used when creating the emails. Chances are its the same
Old 10-22-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%

DMV/MVD data CAN be accessed by PayPal (or any financial service) to do their checks if they wanted to. No subpoena needed. One such service that has direct DMV drivers license and vehicle data is Lexis Nexis. I have seen such reports and also work with attrorneys who have access to this info.

Not sure if the UK has an equivelent of this, but in the USA this state data is not as private as you might think. It's shared with quite a few databanks.

I think PayPal doesn't check each and every ID/Drivers License with the state DMV data as that would be both impractical and expensive. It really depends on WHY the request is being made. If PayPal thinks the details you gave them are bogus, then I can see them checking it directly with the 3rd party data.

Last edited by nickopedia; 10-22-2018 at 11:19 AM.