eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Paypal case (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/130614-paypal-case.html)

kinsey 10-16-2019 02:35 PM

Paypal case

Sold a $3000 plus lab instrument. Buyer say's he didn't open the box until 35 days after receiving. He say's the instrument doesn't work. He opened up a ebay return that I denied as it was outside of the return window.
He has now opened a paypal case. I paid a shipping company to professionally pack and insure the item. Shipping company will not be liable now as its been almost 2 months.
Been screwed by paypal many times. I know the basics- date sold, tracking, delivery, emails, method of shipment. Any other pointers when responding to the paypal case.

slokor 10-16-2019 05:38 PM

Re: Paypal case

Not realy.
Sounds like you know the system and know what to expect and how to respond.
Hate the fact that theyre usually on the side of the buyer but sounds like if anyone has a chance of winning this one it would be you since you know how to respond properly to their info requests and have done everything properly.
Would love to know how this one turns out. Iif you could post an update when its resolved that would be great.

agent006140 10-16-2019 06:02 PM

I am afraid Paypal wlll ask him to return the item on his dime and you will refund when tracking and signature confirmed delivery.
Is it brand new,does it come with warranty,or you just buy insurance with the shipper?
if he loses on Paypal,he will just file a chargeback with his cc issuer.
and you will pay $20 chargeback fee.
Dont let him go the cc issuer route,some may not even ask him to return the item and PAYPAL does not do much to represent your interest

agent006140 10-16-2019 06:05 PM

Can the problem be fixed on his end,you can call him and ask if it can be repaired,and how much?
sometimes a buyer may not know how to use the equipment,?

kinsey 10-17-2019 09:28 AM

I offered to have the item inspected and repaired. Buyer apparently is not interested. I will let you know how it goes. Thanks

agent006140 10-17-2019 01:29 PM

It could be an Ebay rental !!!!!!!

kinsey 10-18-2019 09:48 AM

Update-
Paypal has decided its best for the buyer to return the item. So basically I am going to get back a non working item that is so specialized I wont be even able to sell for parts. Plus it says once tracking shows delivered they will refund the buyer. Hope they take as much care in packing as I did. Another screwed seller. I realize its part of doing business but this system is flawed.

SaiJin 10-18-2019 09:56 AM

Unfortunately you are right. This is how it is in USA.

But check your goods when you receive them back, you never know what to expect.

james_112233 10-18-2019 11:24 AM

kinsey all you have to do is report the buyer to the police and say you got back an item that was different to what you sent.

Sign an affidavit.

Fax it all to paypal and they will refund you as well.

So the buyer gets a refund. You get a refund. Paypal loses out but then recoupes that balance from stealth sellers when they freeze their accounts ...

It's one viscious circle.

agent006140 10-18-2019 01:01 PM

This is a $3k equipment.
I have never heard of PAYPAL reimbursing seller because it is not as described.
Ebay money back guarantee will ,if it is a small amount.
It is hard to believe a buyer will wait more than 30 days to open a $3k package,did you read his feedback?
There may not be anything wrong with the item,it could be he used the item and now he wants to return it.
What is the item??
FYI,Ebay has a customer service which deals with item over $1k,not that it can help you now,but just you know.

agent006140 10-18-2019 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kinsey (Post 1042307)
Update-
Paypal has decided its best for the buyer to return the item. So basically I am going to get back a non working item that is so specialized I wont be even able to sell for parts. Plus it says once tracking shows delivered they will refund the buyer. Hope they take as much care in packing as I did. Another screwed seller. I realize its part of doing business but this system is flawed.

what is the item?
Is it used or brand new with warranty?
There are some items with moving parts inside,if it is not shipped in original box,there is no guarantee it would work once arrived,like electronic items

kinsey 10-18-2019 03:10 PM

The way they write the email, as soon as they show it delivered back to me they are going to refund the buyer. Even if its a pile of glass and plastic pieces. They ripped the funds out of my account as soon as he made a complaint. Our law enforcement in California is a joke. I'd like to give the buyer the benefit of the doubt. Hopefully he gets so busy he forgets to return it.

agent006140 10-18-2019 05:36 PM

I dont know anyone who is too busy to forget returning a $3k item he does not want!
Dont sell anything on Ebay you cant afford to lose,when I sell something $1k or more,I get nervous and I am an old timer ,been selling for 20 years.
You should look into selling where you can specify local pickup,cash only.

cafonabob 10-18-2019 10:52 PM

Paypal might respond to a police report. Of course the police aren't going to solve the crime, you just need to go to the police station and file a report and fax that to Paypal.

In the future try calling Paypal. The last year they have actually been reasonable when it comes to "item not described" cases opened 2 months later.

Quote:

Originally Posted by james_112233 (Post 1042321)
kinsey all you have to do is report the buyer to the police and say you got back an item that was different to what you sent.

Sign an affidavit.

Fax it all to paypal and they will refund you as well.

So the buyer gets a refund. You get a refund. Paypal loses out but then recoupes that balance from stealth sellers when they freeze their accounts ...

It's one viscious circle.

Leep 10-19-2019 12:26 AM

NOt good news.Try provide detail to win in the case .

agent006140 10-19-2019 04:15 PM

OP is just speculating he could get an empty box ,I doubt he will.
The item may not even be damaged,just the buyer has used it and does not need it anymore,it is called Ebay rental.
Sometimes they have an identical item,they just need a part to make it whole,so they buy yours and strip the part they need,it could be a camera lens,guitar,laptop ,anything.
There are also cases where they are attending an important function and need your designer handbag,shoes,dress,tuxedo>

kinsey 10-28-2019 10:18 AM

Update. The buyer never uploaded a tracking number or said he returned the item. Paypal put the $ back into my account. I will be on the lookout for the chargeback now. Good news for now, though I don't think this is over yet.

agent006140 10-28-2019 03:42 PM

This is good news,may be he wants to keep the item.
You never know ,he could be reselling it and now he found a buyer.

rsot 10-29-2019 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kinsey (Post 1044633)
Update. The buyer never uploaded a tracking number or said he returned the item. Paypal put the $ back into my account. I will be on the lookout for the chargeback now. Good news for now, though I don't think this is over yet.

Congrats on this kinsey :thumb:

solefoodbk 10-29-2019 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent006140 (Post 1041882)
I am afraid Paypal wlll ask him to return the item on his dime and you will refund when tracking and signature confirmed delivery.
Is it brand new,does it come with warranty,or you just buy insurance with the shipper?
if he loses on Paypal,he will just file a chargeback with his cc issuer.
and you will pay $20 chargeback fee.
Dont let him go the cc issuer route,some may not even ask him to return the item and PAYPAL does not do much to represent your interest

Unless something changed I’m unaware of, PayPal forces buyers to pay return shipping ....always

solefoodbk 10-29-2019 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kinsey (Post 1044633)

Chargebacks for unauthorized purchases, which is how it’s reported 99% of the time means you win regardless. Nothing to worry about

agent006140 10-29-2019 01:39 PM

How could the buyer file UA after filing INAD on Ebay and then Paypal?
Paypal UA seller protection-all the seller has to show is that he has shipped to the address given by Paypal,not necessarily has been delivered .
Unless what he sold does not qualify for seller protection,OP did not tell us what the $3k item is?