Charge Backs - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Marketplace Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 09-21-2007
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 41
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%
iTrader: (0)
Default Charge Backs

Ive been reading about these and they scare the **** out of me.

Can anyone shed some light? What can you do?
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 09-21-2007
aspkin's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 10,639
Thanks: 2,885
Thanked 3,678 Times in 1,572 Posts
Activity: 45%
Longevity: 100%
iTrader: (24)
Default

Chargeback's suck! Out of all the chargeback's I've received, 75% of those were actual scammers, and the other 25% were people who just didn't want to pay for anything. Out of those chargeback's I probably won 2% of the total since my items were virtual and I couldn't prove delivery. Comes with the territory I guess, we expect it to happen, and we try to weed out the bad from the good using verification after each order.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-21-2007
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,774
Thanks: 0
Thanked 16 Times in 10 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
Chargeback's suck! Out of all the chargeback's I've received, 75% of those were actual scammers, and the other 25% were people who just didn't want to pay for anything. Out of those chargeback's I probably won 2% of the total since my items were virtual and I couldn't prove delivery. Comes with the territory I guess, we expect it to happen, and we try to weed out the bad from the good using verification after each order.
Aspkin I wish I knew the site but I forgot it, but it will give you return receipt on a email, it will even tell you if the email was opened and read..

That way you can prove delivery. Its more sites like that one, do a google search..

I read in a forum alot of people was using it to protect against charge backs and and scammers
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-21-2007
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 357
Thanks: 0
Thanked 36 Times in 3 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
iTrader: (1)
Default

For me at the end of my selling from my 12 year old account I had 5 scum buyers screw me over and each one of them did a chargeback, I put in the del confirmation and paypal allowed them to then dispute it as not as described and they got the item, the money back etc.

Buyers are becoming evil and they know the system on how to screw sellers over and get away with it.

Heck, I even had this sale is final, as-is and paypal still paid them.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-21-2007
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 41
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
Chargeback's suck! Out of all the chargeback's I've received, 75% of those were actual scammers, and the other 25% were people who just didn't want to pay for anything. Out of those chargeback's I probably won 2% of the total since my items were virtual and I couldn't prove delivery. Comes with the territory I guess, we expect it to happen, and we try to weed out the bad from the good using verification after each order.
"Out of all the chargeback's I've received"!! how many have you had?? the stuff im going to sell is 2k-15k. i dont think i can risk paypal....
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-21-2007
x2ruff4u's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 508
Thanks: 61
Thanked 40 Times in 23 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 99%
iTrader: (1)
Default

Lol I had money come back once from a chargeback after about 7 months ago. I was like what the ^^$!. This guy did 3 chargebacks on me! >,<
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-22-2007
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,106
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 99%
iTrader: (0)
Default

I would never recommend Paypal for anything over 1K. Wire is better if they'll do it.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-22-2007
aspkin's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 10,639
Thanks: 2,885
Thanked 3,678 Times in 1,572 Posts
Activity: 45%
Longevity: 100%
iTrader: (24)
Default

I agree. I wouldn't feel safe accepting more then $400 or $500 from Paypal. It's just too easy in my business to lose that money. There are so many ways to scam a person it's scary! If only my customers knew how easy it was... maybe they do and they're just good people. And Modee, the only way to stop scammers is to do verification. Verify their confirmed shipping address with their ip address. Only accept large orders if you're able to call the person against their confirmed address, same city. I know there are ways to ⊗⊗⊗⊗ a phone number, but you'll be surprised how many don't take the time do this. If its a child using their parents credit card, talk to the parents to make sure the charge is authorized. I've saved my self hundreds, if not thousands just by catching these little pucks. Make sure things match up. If someone's email address is rickzimmer@suckit.com, and you receive a paypal payment or merchant payment from samzimmer@suckit.com, then you know the person ordering isn't the same person paying. That could be a problem. There are tons of tricks you can do to verify a person. These are only a few.

When in doubt, hold off sending the item until you have 2-3 days to make sure your payment sticks to your account and doesn't get stopped.

I almost lost my business in the beginning because of scammers (identity thief's). Until I started verifying each order, I lost thousands… sometimes all in one day. Those were fun days! Now, we lose maybe 3% of orders instead of 25%.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How soon does Paypal charge your card? JackNoMore PayPal Talk 1 09-08-2007 08:33 PM
What happens if ebay cannot charge money from your virtual giftaccount ebaynewbb eBay Suspensions 12 08-18-2007 07:21 PM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:54 PM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts