PP won't recognize my phone- is there a service for this? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Marketplace Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 1 Week Ago
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 206
Thanks: 55
Thanked 41 Times in 29 Posts
Activity: 21%
Longevity: 23%
iTrader: (0)
Default PP won't recognize my phone- is there a service for this?

I see it's a common problem, I've been reading a lot of threads on it, and I was wondering if there's a (paid) service available for this?

I'm trying to add my bank, and it all goes well but then I get the "quick security check" and the phone I added about 3 weeks ago STILL doesn't get recognized by the system. They see it's me when I call in, but it won't work on the web page and there's no call-in operators available, and they won't do it by chat.

Does anyone either know how to do it even as a paid service anymore, or am I at a dead end? The account is years old, a few recent small sales on it, just the bank is an issue. There was a VBA on it that was never confirmed, so I removed it months ago, but there was never any issues with a sale or anything.

If there's a solution or service available, please let me know, cost is not an issue. Thanks!
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 1 Week Ago
SaiJin's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 8,861
Thanks: 246
Thanked 1,407 Times in 1,192 Posts
Activity: 83%
Longevity: 88%
iTrader: (2)
Default Re: PP won't recognize my phone- is there a service for this?

What is the error exactly yhayt you're getting?
Are you saying that you can't use your PP because they deem your phone invalid??
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 1 Week Ago
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 206
Thanks: 55
Thanked 41 Times in 29 Posts
Activity: 21%
Longevity: 23%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: PP won't recognize my phone- is there a service for this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
What is the error exactly yhayt you're getting?
Are you saying that you can't use your PP because they deem your phone invalid??
Everything works 100%, except I can't add a bank. The old VBA that was on it was never confirmed, so I removed it a month ago. But for the past few weeks I've been trying to add my bank, and I put the account and routing info in, and then it says "quick security check" and wants to send me a code, but tells me to add a number. My number IS on the account, added a few weeks ago, but it still doesn't seem to see it.

When I call in with the number, (it's a Verizon number) it says "we recognize this number" and pull up my account right away, but while adding a bank it doesn't. I gave it weeks and it still doesn't work.

So if there's a workaround

Last edited by SaiJin; 1 Week Ago at 11:31 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 1 Week Ago
SaiJin's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 8,861
Thanks: 246
Thanked 1,407 Times in 1,192 Posts
Activity: 83%
Longevity: 88%
iTrader: (2)
Default Re: PP won't recognize my phone- is there a service for this?

why not use a normal bank account. You're in USA, you shouldn't have any trouble adding a real checking account.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 1 Week Ago
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 206
Thanks: 55
Thanked 41 Times in 29 Posts
Activity: 21%
Longevity: 23%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: PP won't recognize my phone- is there a service for this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
why not use a normal bank account. You're in USA, you shouldn't have any trouble adding a real checking account.

The VBA That was partially added was removed, and that was all from a year ago. I AM trying to add a real bank account now, the problem with the phone thing is what I'm having while trying to add that real bank account.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 1 Week Ago
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 41
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 63%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: PP won't recognize my phone- is there a service for this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot View Post
I see it's a common problem, I've been reading a lot of threads on it, and I was wondering if there's a (paid) service available for this?

I'm trying to add my bank, and it all goes well but then I get the "quick security check" and the phone I added about 3 weeks ago STILL doesn't get recognized by the system. They see it's me when I call in, but it won't work on the web page and there's no call-in operators available, and they won't do it by chat.

Does anyone either know how to do it even as a paid service anymore, or am I at a dead end? The account is years old, a few recent small sales on it, just the bank is an issue. There was a VBA on it that was never confirmed, so I removed it months ago, but there was never any issues with a sale or anything.

If there's a solution or service available, please let me know, cost is not an issue. Thanks!
In my experience if your phone number ever doesn't work with an automated verification system, calling in using that phone number (or spoofing it if you don't have access to it) and talking to a support person usually works just fine
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 1 Week Ago
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 206
Thanks: 55
Thanked 41 Times in 29 Posts
Activity: 21%
Longevity: 23%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: PP won't recognize my phone- is there a service for this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormat22 View Post
In my experience if your phone number ever doesn't work with an automated verification system, calling in using that phone number (or spoofing it if you don't have access to it) and talking to a support person usually works just fine
Thanks... the hard part is right now you can't call in to talk to anybody... soooo frustrating.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 1 Week Ago
TGMT²'s Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,076
Thanks: 664
Thanked 1,471 Times in 804 Posts
Activity: 30%
Longevity: 88%
iTrader: (4)
Default Re: PP won't recognize my phone- is there a service for this?

Phone number changes on PP usually take 7-90 days to update in their system before things will work normally again.

Make sure the old phone is removed and this phone is the primary number, then keep trying weekly until it works.

https://www.aspkin.com/forums/phone-...ml#post1093672
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TGMT² For This Useful Post:
Elliot (1 Week Ago)
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How Long does it take for Paypal to recognize new primary phone number? kahiikaritu PayPal Talk 6 4 Weeks Ago 05:33 AM
Which prepaid cell phone do you like the best or other phone service? trav eBay Discussion! 28 07-15-2015 08:06 PM
Multiple Virtual phone service to one cell phone? Gman91189 Subscriber Discussions 3 04-18-2011 03:05 AM
What's the best method/service to link multiple phone lines to a cell phone? heathunter881 Phone Number Verification 0 12-23-2010 09:21 PM
WHich phone service let you change phone number easily? incniu Subscriber Discussions 0 04-21-2010 04:24 PM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:24 PM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts