Need Help. Interesting Senario - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Marketplace Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 10-05-2009
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10
Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
iTrader: (0)
Default Need Help. Interesting Senario

Ok here is my senario.

My wife and I both had Ebay accounts that were suspended for not paying fees.

My paypal account was also suspended for having a negative balance.

This paypal account was NOT in my wifes name. It was in mine. (both accounts were linked with my paypal account)

If I opened a paypal account in my wifes name, would paypal connect this with her suspended ebay account?

Any help is appreciated.
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 10-05-2009
ILovePaypalNOT's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 266
Thanks: 8
Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 83%
iTrader: (1)
Default

You could most likley use her name , or a variation of her name ... but you couldnt use the same info.. address , phone , bank etc ...
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ILovePaypalNOT For This Useful Post:
jmpb04 (10-05-2009)
  #3  
Old 10-05-2009
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10
Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILovePaypalNOT View Post
You could most likley use her name , or a variation of her name ... but you couldnt use the same info.. address , phone , bank etc ...
Thank you for the response. I can certainly use a new address, phone, bank, etc. I am wondering if I can use her SSN.

Remember, she has never had a paypal account, just a bad ebay account.

Thanks again for the response.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-06-2009
ILovePaypalNOT's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 266
Thanks: 8
Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 83%
iTrader: (1)
Default

Dont ever volunteer an SSN to Paypal, there is no need for it anyhow.... However , Idont see the issue if she was never linked to Paypal in the first place. I have had several accounts in my real name over the years, with different info.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-06-2009
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 198
Thanks: 2
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 87%
iTrader: (1)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILovePaypalNOT View Post
Dont ever volunteer an SSN to Paypal, there is no need for it anyhow.... However , Idont see the issue if she was never linked to Paypal in the first place. I have had several accounts in my real name over the years, with different info.
While you don't ever want to voluntarily give out the SSN, if its an account you want to keep and promise to maintain it (ie no negative balance ), then it may be good to give them the SSN at the limitation- it'll solve so many problems- I've done that and its been working out great

And I agree with ILovePaypalNOT- if your wife's name is Jane Doe and you're John Doe, just put her name in paypal as Jane Doee or Jane D. And of course, don't ever put the EXACT address- you can put a variation of your real address- its always worked for me and I've done that with more than 10 different paypal accounts and never once gotten linked- you just have to make sure they're different enough so that the paypal bots don't catch you

Hope this helps!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to upsidedown For This Useful Post:
jmpb04 (10-06-2009)
  #6  
Old 10-06-2009
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10
Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsidedown View Post
While you don't ever want to voluntarily give out the SSN, if its an account you want to keep and promise to maintain it (ie no negative balance ), then it may be good to give them the SSN at the limitation- it'll solve so many problems- I've done that and its been working out great

And I agree with ILovePaypalNOT- if your wife's name is Jane Doe and you're John Doe, just put her name in paypal as Jane Doee or Jane D. And of course, don't ever put the EXACT address- you can put a variation of your real address- its always worked for me and I've done that with more than 10 different paypal accounts and never once gotten linked- you just have to make sure they're different enough so that the paypal bots don't catch you

Hope this helps!
I am not sure if this makes a difference but her ebay account (the one that was suspended for not paying fees) was linked up to MY paypal account but never her own paypal account. Right now she has a problem with Ebay but not yet with paypal. I am just wondering (if and when) we do have to give her social to paypal if they are going to link it up to her bad ebay account that was once linked to my bad paypal account. I hope you follow. Thank you for the responses. It has been a help.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-07-2009
Vicvelcro
 
Posts: n/a
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 0%
Default

Any common factor will be a potential link. I'm not quite following clearly what you are trying to say, though.

Based on post #1:
If you create new ebay accounts AND create a new Paypal account -without- using any information from your prior accounts, there should be no issue.

Never log back into either of those suspended ebay accounts and never log into both Paypal accounts using the same cookies/flash/IP etc.

Make the new PP with info that neither ebay nor PP has ever seen before. Different name, phone, address, and so forth.

To repeat what I said already: Never log back into the suspended ebay accounts.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
jmpb04 (10-07-2009)
  #8  
Old 10-07-2009
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10
Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicvelcro View Post
Any common factor will be a potential link. I'm not quite following clearly what you are trying to say, though.

Based on post #1:
If you create new ebay accounts AND create a new Paypal account -without- using any information from your prior accounts, there should be no issue.

Never log back into either of those suspended ebay accounts and never log into both Paypal accounts using the same cookies/flash/IP etc.

Make the new PP with info that neither ebay nor PP has ever seen before. Different name, phone, address, and so forth.

To repeat what I said already: Never log back into the suspended ebay accounts.
Thank you for the response. Based upon this I should not use my wifes Social on the new paypal account if they ask. What is the other alternative?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-07-2009
Vicvelcro
 
Posts: n/a
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 0%
Default

Do they have your wife's social already? If she never had her own PP account, I don't see how they *would* have it.

Technically, PP only needs proof of SSN (not the actual SSN) if the account will not be money market or have a Paypal Debit Card.

Proof of SSN and actual SNN really are two different things. Analogy: somebody tells you to prove I exist vs somebody telling you to bring me to the party.

I can prove I have an SSN without giving you or anyone else my actual SS Number.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-07-2009
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10
Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicvelcro View Post
Do they have your wife's social already? If she never had her own PP account, I don't see how they *would* have it.

Technically, PP only needs proof of SSN (not the actual SSN) if the account will not be money market or have a Paypal Debit Card.

Proof of SSN and actual SNN really are two different things. Analogy: somebody tells you to prove I exist vs somebody telling you to bring me to the party.

I can prove I have an SSN without giving you or anyone else my actual SS Number.
Maybe they do not have her social. I was just thinking that they did since she had an ebay account. Does Ebay ask for a social? I am wondering how she could prove she had a social without giving the actual number. Thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-07-2009
GreenBean's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 42,042
Thanks: 5,509
Thanked 9,024 Times in 7,037 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
iTrader: (6)
Default

Welcome to the forum,jmbp

^^^ ebay do not ask for the SSN yet. Supplying details to paypal depends on different factors. You give them what will best help you
__________________
Ever look at someone and think WhyTF has no one hit you with a shovel yet?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-07-2009
Vicvelcro
 
Posts: n/a
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 0%
Default

Re #10:

I can prove I have an SSN by showing proof that I have a bank account. I could show an income tax return with my info blacked out. I could show military discharge papers. Since all of those definitively require an SSN, having any of those *is* proof that I have the required SSN. Any number of ways to prove I *have* one without me having to actually show the number.

However, for money market or debit card, you have to provide the number by law. No number, no card and no money market.

Just to point out; it's a matter of semantics.

Example: I can ask you to prove to me that you can fire a handgun. To do so, you could maybe show me a marksmanship badge from the military, your rating score from the police academy, or a newspaper clipping about your conviction for killing somebody with a Glock. That's proof that you can shoot.

Conversely, I could ask you to shoot me.

"Shoot Me" is different than "Prove You Can Shoot".

Last edited by Vicvelcro; 10-07-2009 at 04:39 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
jmpb04 (10-08-2009)
  #13  
Old 10-08-2009
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10
Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicvelcro View Post
Re #10:

I can prove I have an SSN by showing proof that I have a bank account. I could show an income tax return with my info blacked out. I could show military discharge papers. Since all of those definitively require an SSN, having any of those *is* proof that I have the required SSN. Any number of ways to prove I *have* one without me having to actually show the number.

However, for money market or debit card, you have to provide the number by law. No number, no card and no money market.

Just to point out; it's a matter of semantics.

Example: I can ask you to prove to me that you can fire a handgun. To do so, you could maybe show me a marksmanship badge from the military, your rating score from the police academy, or a newspaper clipping about your conviction for killing somebody with a Glock. That's proof that you can shoot.

Conversely, I could ask you to shoot me.

"Shoot Me" is different than "Prove You Can Shoot".
Thank you very much. You have been a great help.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Interesting situation. What do you think? planes Subscriber Discussions 20 04-25-2009 12:51 PM
Interesting question justus1 eBay Suspensions 7 11-29-2008 03:39 PM
Interesting... Mrfixxit111 Subscriber Discussions 0 08-18-2008 10:53 PM
Interesting.... TMiles eBay Discussion! 2 07-06-2008 06:00 PM
interesting, what do you think? mindfuljenn Auction Listing 2 03-26-2008 07:27 AM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:11 AM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts