Interesting situation. What do you think? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 04-05-2009
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%
Default Interesting situation. What do you think?

Weird situation.

I got canned from eBay for seller non-perf. about 3 months ago.

I have sat out of the game since.

I had an eBay and Paypal account not used yet so I said ah what the heck, I'll see what happens.
Set up Paypal as business account and then started selling on the ebay account.

The Paypal was started in 07 and the eBay about 4 months ago.

Now the funny thing is I am using my real name and address that was used on the susp. eBay account and the susp. Paypal account.

But a different IP and email.

I have been selling for 3 weeks nice and slow and easy.

Well of course, I have been just waiting for the account to get squashed.

So the other night I started listing the items I was selling when I got canned.
My FB just hit 10 and so i said why not.

Well here is where it gets weird as I am just waiting to get canned.

OK so I listed some of those items for the first time the other night and that same night my listings get pulled. I say well they got me now. But the items are still showing as listed in my account but when I put the item number it shows as canceled. So I start looking for a message from eBay saying you know what. Nothing.

The next morning I wake up and my listings are back in search. But I am missing about 3 of them.

So maybe this is just a glitch on eBays end.

But it still seems weird as these were the items I was selling when I got canned.

I know most of you are just saying to yourselves they will get you sooner or later. And maybe they will. but I want to see how long this goes. By the way I am not selling Ve#o.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-05-2009

Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

That does sound wierd, they left and now they are back. The 3 missing may possibly show up soon if it is a glitch. Like you said, since you used the same name and address as your suspended account you will more then likely get suspended very soon.
Old 04-06-2009
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Give it some time young one, they will get you.

Have you stopped trying to open new eBay accounts?
Old 04-14-2009
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Still up and running. Even with 2 Vero complaints. Selling for over a month now with hundreds of listings a day.
Old 04-16-2009

Longevity: 91%

Ebay must have their computers programmed to do 'human' work for everything. So, whenever you get to the point that you collected a certain number of certain 'mistakes', the computer just decides 'suspended'. That's why computers make mistakes when something goes wrong with them and that's why it looks weird how they handled your account and listings, i think. Only when we appeal we actually get someone to look at accounts?
Old 04-16-2009
Executive [VIP]

I suggest you create new stealth accounts to be ready for you know what.

Are you selling in the same format/description/pics as the first time? - This may be a reason why they didnt get you yet.

Thanks for the info and good luck.
Old 04-16-2009

Longevity: 87%
Default Why????

WHY??,

I don't get it, this i just wasting your time. They will find it out, maybe not now but this will not take long. The sales you have will be ended and your ebay and paypal accounts will be suspended. You take the risk that you lose the money you have in your account, or have to wait for it for 180 days. Be smart take your money and start a stealth account. Will save you a lot of time and money

Old 04-18-2009
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I am treating this account as a test account. I never have more than 50$ in Paypal at any one time and the debit card I use to buy groceries and gas with.

I sell pretty low value items so I would never be at a significant loss. just nice to always have spending money.

Another funny thing happened this week. My account was suspended for some CR infringement issues.
On two of the complaints I was completely in the right so I complained to T&S.
24 hours later they said they were happy to tell me that at the end of my 7 day susp. my account would be reinstated.

So if I make it to reinstatement I will assume that for some reason my account has some legs.

I will be setting up another account to run adjacent to this one and sell on until then as the suspension notice did not say I couldn't start any other accounts or sell.

I am treating this as a learning experience. And I am starting new accounts to age until this one goes bye bye.

This is a pretty low value account which may be the reason for running under the radar.

I profit 20 to 50 bucks per day when running.

I'll keep everyone posted. Don't worry I will let you know when I get canned.
Old 04-18-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

I have noticed what I believe to be a pattern, regarding listed items searchable - not searchable - searchable again.

Sometimes when I list, my item will show up seachable immediately and then disappear within only a few short minutes, then reappear after a few hours. Some of my items don't show up at all for up to 12 hours. Some of my items show up and don't disappear at all.

My suspicion is that low value low risk things get to go up and stay up. This is backed by the type and price of certain items. Fine so far.

The items that show up then disappear for hours and reappear seem to be related to a paired-condition being they are risky and that I put an off-gaybay counter that auto attaches.

The ones that don't show up at all for many hours are VeRO type items.

So, type 1 goods are good to go. Type 2 goods show as 'user revised' due to offsite counter - AND I AM NOW CONVINCED THAT USING let's say Vendio counters IS TO BE AVOIDED!

Type 3 goods shoot themselves in the foot by their nature and probably go into a pool requiring manual approval by the monkeys before becoming searchable.

Anybody back that up with personal experience? It's pretty consistent for me over the past 8 weeks. Fits the exact pattern for my assumption every week. Never changes.
Old 04-19-2009
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

The only flaw I can see in your theory which appears to be a good theory is it seems not cost effective for eBay to manually approve that many items.

Unless of course there are other factors. Such as, age of account, seller perf. etc... .
Old 04-19-2009
Vicvelcro

I guess it would have helped if I had mentioned some account statistics. I use 4 accounts (in rotation).

2001 Account with 80+ feedback
2005 Account with ~20 feedback
2007 Account with 80+ feedback
2009 Account with <10 feedback (this one has plenty sales but rarely gets feedback due to nature of items it lists)

2001 Acct rarely lists risky
2005 Acct has been mostly VeRO for 2009
2007 Acct is my dumper - lists anything and everything
2009 Acct is for rare and unusual things

Accts 2001-2007 all fit the same pattern being discussed in reearchable/nonsearchable

Acct 2009 only has an 'item searchable' problem if I attach a counter. No counter (no revision) means no problem.
Old 04-19-2009
Executive [VIP]

Well now we know what you're working with but why test the hands of the giants?

...Still I say good luck.
Old 04-19-2009
Vicvelcro

I'm not sure what you mean. The reason I posted anything in this thread was to help answer someone's question about the way listed items do and do not show up in search. I had some data and some observations to contribute which may or may not prove helpful. My opinions are my own and may or may not be accurate based on my own observation being correct or incorrect.

I figure I'll probably end up learning something that will dissolve or solidify my opinion, so I decided to share.
Old 04-19-2009
Executive [VIP]

I agree its a good post.

The giants I referred to were ebay and paypal.

I'm just saying I hope that all this testing for you is not for nothing cause inevitably they may link you.

You are indeed doing us a favor by sharing this experience with us.

I myself have done some anti stealth things with my paypal account and I'm suprised that they havent killed me yet, ...so I feel you.

So this is where I say good luck.

...and keep us posted
Old 04-19-2009
Vicvelcro

Ok, so I've gone deep into my notebooks and made a logic-chart thingie.

For purposes of this post only and specifically in regard to listing revisions, and considering the attached 3rd party counter vs ebay internal counter included at time listing is created vs counter included at time of creation using 3rd party lister:

3rd party counter always removes item from search list for hours.
3rd party counter attached after listing creation when used with risky but not VeRO item gets unsearched, then searchable, then killed but without consequence.
3rd party counter attached after listing created to VeRO gets MC019 - period.

Risky items not used with 3rd party counter never get bothered in any way.
VeRO items not used with 3rd party counter have 80% rate of not being bothered.

And now a side note: In testing a theory, I wanted some kind of control subject, so I created a risky item and manually revised it to correct an intentional spelling error. I made a revision for a similar reason to a VeRO listing. Both got nuked within 2 hours.

So, it appears that ANYTHING which would cause a listing to be revised will (at minimum) pull an item from searchable and definately get it looked at by a bot. The VeRO removal was MC019'd but where you would normally get the contact info for VeRO person, that area was completely blank (seems to mean that ebay bot found an issue instead of the designated VeRO person having any involvement, thus no contact info).

My current data would bring me to the conclusion that if you want a counter, use the internal counter when you submit the listing and avoid the 3rd party counters that add on after listing goes active. Also, if the listing is something risky or VeRO, ----DO NOT DO ANYTHING CAUSING A REVISION TO THE LISTING---- whether it be manual correction or 3rd party auto-anything. If you make a typo or miss a picture or just want to add new information, leave it alone for the current listing and be sure to address those issues in future listings BEFORE re-listing.

Hopefully the control VeRO MC019 I sacrificed won't cause me my first suspension ever.

I came here to learn the proper way to pre-create backup accounts in advance of the time I might (probably) need them. I may have just beat myself into the ground <g>. Ah well, the way things have been with gayBay, I expected to lose one for something sometime soon anyhow...

Seriously though, I hope this maybe shed some light for people who (like me) have been scratching their heads over this and wondering.

I'm definitely open to any input in support of or in opposition to my observation. As much as I like to be right, I'd rather find out I'm wrong (if I am) and get back to work learning how to be right. And I just KNOW somebody here can contribute pro/con in this matter.
Old 04-24-2009
Administrator

How about you not use any counters then?

I read your post a couple times and I think that's what you're talking about..
Old 04-24-2009
Vicvelcro

Don't use counters. Don't make any manual or automatic revision once the listing is submitted. If you want a counter, put it on before you submit, not after.

That's pretty much what I was getting at. Don't revise anything for anything less than a critical reason.
Old 04-24-2009
Administrator

Makes sense, good research vicvelcro.
Old 04-25-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts

totally agree, i would rather pull out a vero listing completely/end item, if Ive messed it up somehow rather than revise it. If its passed once, a revision puts it back in the queue to be looked at.
blackdahlia (04-22-2016)
Old 04-25-2009

I had my legit vero item listed on 10 day BIN and it was just not selling, so I thought I'd list another brand item I was going to sell sooner or later anyway, but got this 30 day I cant list this item at the moment.

I have separate user accounts, AOL dial up, so I list everything through Auctiva. And I know I got 30 day thing because I had listing removed some 4 weeks ago, but item was 100% legit....I complained to Ebay, btw, requesting the Vero contact name but they wouldn't give it to me.

Anyway, I am thinking my 1st one may not sell, maybe little overpriced?, so I thought of lowering the price-where I have to go into my AOL log in for obvious reasons to revise. Of course, I expected to get the same pop-up "Dear seller, blah-blah....30 days" as revising counts as new listing for ebay or worse, right? But, no problem, my revision went through: "Congratulations...blah, blah"

So now I am wondering.....If I try to re- list that other brand item (unsuccessful with Auctiva first) through AOL slow dial up, could it possibly be excepted?

And I always check the silly counter in my Auctiva listings.. Maybe I shouldn't?

Last edited by Lyda; 04-25-2009 at 09:40 AM.
Old 04-25-2009
Vicvelcro

eBay is weird, sometimes. What fails on one attempt *may* pass on second attempt. You have to decide if risking another spank on the bottom outweighs the benefit of possibly getting your listing active.

Adding a counter while you are creating the listing doesn't appear to be a problem. Adding a counter after the listing is where things get tetschy. Revising (adding a counter afterward, changing picture, changing price, for example) seems to increase the likelihood of having your listing flagged. It appears that eBay don't like that.

My success at staying under the radar went UP after I dropped Vendio. Vendio adds the counter AFTER the listing goes active. It makes a revision to the listing. Just use a counter that is embedded before the listing gets posted.